• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Servicing for W204

Guest kirk713

i VERY like to go outside do servicing once warranty over but scare they anyhow do.....SEE & SEE SAID outside no equipments to check, all electronics, do wrong whole ride in deep shit......

si beh sian.................with all this sales talk and frightening words.......

i'd take it with a pinch of salt. if that was the case, then PIs no need sell audi, beemer and merc liao.

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

That's what I thought. The car mech sucked out all the oil from the dip stick port, burped (just kidding). Changed the filter. Then proceed to pour in new engine oil.

I asked him and he said through the merc dipstick port, can suck out all the old engine oil from the bottom unlike some other car makes. So don't need to drain from bottom.

I thought merc is really special.

Was the workshop very full? Draining takes more time.....I don't believe what he said?

Haha, i still see one uncle who went to the prata stall near my place and always bring his own egg there......

Reminds me of when I was young, my grandma always force me to bring 2 eggs to the char kway teow store. Sibei malu when the whole world looking at me....

• Like 1

3 out of 4 hoists are used. Not exactly full. I did make appt a week before. During the booking, I was told will take about an hour or so. Anyway, is for 1000km, so never mind.

I will do another one at 5k. But not at that workshop again.

Was the workshop very full? Draining takes more time.....I don't believe what he said?

3 out of 4 hoists are used. Not exactly full. I did make appt a week before. During the booking, I was told will take about an hour or so. Anyway, is for 1000km, so never mind.

I will do another one at 5k. But not at that workshop again.

Wah you siao on. Actually, the oil can last for 15,000. If you want, do it when 7,500 instead.

Barney ah. My vw do servicing every 7.5k to 10k. Still many many problems. So now I kiasu, kiasi. Especially going to drive this longer. Anyway, 200+ for simple oil change is ok lah.

Read from don't know where, engine oil is like blood to the heart of the car. If oil is old and dirty, the engine will not last long. Our driving is start and stop, hot climate etc, engine oil deteriorate faster.

Wah you siao on. Actually, the oil can last for 15,000. If you want, do it when 7,500 instead.

U can't compare VW with MB.

Different world

Barney ah. My vw do servicing every 7.5k to 10k. Still many many problems. So now I kiasu, kiasi. Especially going to drive this longer. Anyway, 200+ for simple oil change is ok lah.

Read from don't know where, engine oil is like blood to the heart of the car. If oil is old and dirty, the engine will not last long. Our driving is start and stop, hot climate etc, engine oil deteriorate faster.

Victoria Concordia Crescit

Translation: Victory grows out of harmony.

I was driving Vw too bro. No wonder ur avatar very familiar....lol MB and VW are worlds apart when it comes to reliability.....15,000 is really fine. But if you find the car sluggish after mid-way mark. Can do an oil change outside. The oil that we are using are long life oil. Same as VW. Can last 15,000km. No worries about it. In fact I whack the car on NSHW also no issues for both cars. Save ur $$$ for milk powder and diapers... :D

Bro,

No kids yet. The avatar is my niece. Now 5 years old already.

Wife is the driver. As long as the car moves, she is ok. Sluggish or not, I don't think she knows and neither will I feel it through my huge body. Lol.

Tried driving the car, find that it veers left. Wife says is ok. going to book an appt at c&c to rectify problem. I do find the steering very light compared to vw.

I was driving Vw too bro. No wonder ur avatar very familiar....lol MB and VW are worlds apart when it comes to reliability.....15,000 is really fine. But if you find the car sluggish after mid-way mark. Can do an oil change outside. The oil that we are using are long life oil. Same as VW. Can last 15,000km. No worries about it. In fact I whack the car on NSHW also no issues for both cars. Save ur $$$ for milk powder and diapers... :D

Bro,

No kids yet. The avatar is my niece. Now 5 years old already.

Wife is the driver. As long as the car moves, she is ok. Sluggish or not, I don't think she knows and neither will I feel it through my huge body. Lol.

Tried driving the car, find that it veers left. Wife says is ok. going to book an appt at c&c to rectify problem. I do find the steering very light compared to vw.

Mine veers a little left too. Since ur Missus drives, save ur $ for mods. Lol VW and MB different. On NSHW with VW, feels like the car keep wanting me to push it...faster, faster...for MB, It's so comfortable, I want to fall asleep.... :lol:

I've signed an agreement with my wife.

No more modding of the car.

:-(

Mine veers a little left too. Since ur Missus drives, save ur $ for mods. Lol VW and MB different. On NSHW with VW, feels like the car keep wanting me to push it...faster, faster...for MB, It's so comfortable, I want to fall asleep.... :lol:

Spoken to the guy in charge of the workshop regarding draining the engine oil. He said it is correct to suck it out, even agent also sucking.

Any bros with newer cars seen their cars doing oil change before? Can verify?

That's is something new to me.I learnt something new about MB today. Any old birds here can share why MB so special?

Spoken to the guy in charge of the workshop regarding draining the engine oil. He said it is correct to suck it out, even agent also sucking.

Any bros with newer cars seen their cars doing oil change before? Can verify?

Sucking!! Wow!! Why needs to suck instead of draining off the engine oil?

er...cos not blow....

Orh that means no foreplay?? Damn!!

Why? I think swallow is quite turn on leh. Can forums do poll or not? Can survey spit or swallow!

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "