• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Servicing for W204

Guest kirk713

Can save if buy parts from stockist like Min Ghee?

Ca!! why not if you know what to buy then get yr regular workshop to replace it.

I've spoken to one of the service staff in C&C & he told me that if we do service at outside workshop, the warranty will not be voided if we use all original parts & oil as in C&C. Any bros aware of this??

I am doing my 60,000 service this Tuesday in a Tampines workshop which is owned & staffed by ex Mercedes & BMW personnel. Will keep you all informed once its done.

I've spoken to one of the service staff in C&C & he told me that if we do service at outside workshop, the warranty will not be voided if we use all original parts & oil as in C&C. Any bros aware of this??

I am doing my 60,000 service this Tuesday in a Tampines workshop which is owned & staffed by ex Mercedes & BMW personnel. Will keep you all informed once its done.

Is it behind safra by the shop name M&Q?

Haha. I m planning to do that. This weekdays will be buying engine oil and filter for my servicing A

Can we bring our own engine oil when we service at C&C?

• Like 1

Victoria Concordia Crescit

Translation: Victory grows out of harmony.

Haha. I m planning to do that. This weekdays will be buying engine oil and filter for my servicing A

Great! I'm planning to do that when I go for servicing at C&C (still a long way from 15k cos I'm at 1.5k only.. haha).

In either case, does the W204 need 5 or 6 quarts?

The workshop is Chip Soon, yes, its behind Safra. I know where the workshop is but I don't know its address. Call Jason at 6786 2811

Orh dont agreed on service outside using original parts wont void warranty by agent.

• Like 1

5Q

Great! I'm planning to do that when I go for servicing at C&C (still a long way from 15k cos I'm at 1.5k only.. haha).

In either case, does the W204 need 5 or 6 quarts?

I think you might want to get a black and white from that service staff in C&C stating that.

Orh dont agreed on service outside using original parts wont void warranty by agent.

IMHO, whether use original parts or not, MUST go back to AD for scheduled servicing ie 15,000, 30,000, 45,000 etc, if warranty is to be GUARANTEED. And it applies to all ADs. Having said that, can do minimal like oil change only, but as I mentioned, that's the minimum to guarantee the warranty.

Just call pandan loop about bringing own filter and engine oil for servicing and the reply I get a BIG FAT NO

Called MBC previously, they said can bring own engine oil but no own parts for servicing

Called pandan loop previously before I made the appointment for servicing A, they can say can bring own engine oil and filter.

Look like the customer servicing standard of C&C is dropping

Any bros who went to pandan loop servicing and brought alot their own engine oil n filter recently. Got rejected?

Just call pandan loop about bringing own filter and engine oil for servicing and the reply I get a BIG FAT NO

Called MBC previously, they said can bring own engine oil but no own parts for servicing

Called pandan loop previously before I made the appointment for servicing A, they can say can bring own engine oil and filter.

Look like the customer servicing standard of C&C is dropping

Any bros who went to pandan loop servicing and brought alot their own engine oil n filter recently. Got rejected?

Bro, if bring engine oil, any discount?

I am just asking about bringing my own shell engine oil and engine oil filter for servicing.

Barney I don't get your question

I

Any actual cost savings then? If not much can use the oil then oil change at 7,500 km interval again?

I am just asking about bringing my own shell engine oil and engine oil filter for servicing.

Barney I don't get your question

I

Sorry my england no good. Example. If bring own oil and filter, bill adds up to $3xx. Oil change is $4xx. Then just do all there. Can do oill change after 7,500km. Meaning 2 oil changes for every 15,000. Many people driving turbo, supercharge cars do that.

Barney

Now C&C mention if we bring own parts n oil for servicing, our warranty will be void.

SMLJ

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

Barney

Now C&C mention if we bring own parts n oil for servicing, our warranty will be void.

Suddenly I feel C&C becomes AVIVA

Lol, actually I was surprised C & C allowed customers to bring their own parts and oil in the first place. No choice bro, ur car under warranty. Part of the cost of ownership for buying from AD to keep warranty intact. I believe not much difference from bringing own oil too.