• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

My E cabrio cheapo mod

Guest blackmercs

Guest blackmercs

Here I go again, after trade-in my CLC coupe, i brought the E cabro from C&C instead of PI. Now i m dead broke, couldnt afford any expensive mod. Apart from this, I purchased my ride without any freebies from my SE due to high trade-in price for my CLC, i got to go for simple mods to make my ride chio and nice. Modding the basic stuffs like, car film, brake pedal sets & car mat, all from my own pocket money.....sob sob........!!

Car film - all round black except the front windscreen.

CIMG1092-1.jpg

Grooming & Debadge

reardebadge.jpg

Brake pedal set - DIY - is straight forward except for the brake!!! freaking tough to get it installed!!!

beforepedalset.jpg

CIMG1083.jpg

Car mat - looking for something special not the usual 1M or 2M stuffs.....watch this thread ya.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blackmercs

This sunday, i and my buddy decided to DIY CF sticker onto my ride. After 6 hours of hard work, we finally manage to get it done without much difficulties but dead tired. Here is the pics, enjoy but dont drool.................

Orh, before anyone wanna DIY on his own, get the following things ready before u jump into it.

1) CF sticker of yr own choice of design and color - i brought only 1 meter by 1 meter cost $55 from tel nos 67431688. I got the sliver white design it matches my ride nicely coz I m ALL BLACK!!!

2) cutter, scissor, steel rule etc

3) hair dryer is a must for stretching the sticker etc

CFpretools.jpg

Trimming - front and rear 11 pcs and one rear air con blower.

Gear box & astray (Front)

Gearbefore.jpg

CFgear.jpg

CIMG1057.jpg

Front door panel panel trimming -

CIMG1073.jpg

CIMG1072.jpg

CIMG1073.jpg

CIMG1052.jpg

CIMG1050.jpg

Front trimming -

CIMG1070.jpg

CIMG1063.jpg

Rear trimming

CIMG1066.jpg

Guest blackmercs

CF continues ................

Rear air con blower - dont attempt to do it, is a tough job, lucky for me, my buddy is the one manage to get it done nicely!!!!!

Before

Rearairconbefore.jpg

After ;-

CIMG1060.jpg

CIMG1059.jpg

CIMG1064.jpg

Btw anyone notice the Apple connector? It is permanently connected to the rear cig socket. Now i can charge my iphone without using the front cig socket. The iphone cable is nicely conceal inside the arm rest compartment. It is insert through the compartment (flip the leather cover, u will see there is a slot) then the cable goes through the rear air con blower. To achieve this, u needs to dismantle the rear air con blower.

Orh!!! did i mentioned that i even CF my tissue box??? and the result is priceless.........

CFtissuebox.jpg

Final shot from the rear, i call it day now. Dead tired uploading the pics and downloading here.................yawn...................

CIMG1074.jpg

Guest blackmercs

"Car mat - looking for something special not the usual 1M or 2M stuffs.....watch this thread ya."

Looking to get this logo embroider onto my stock car mats. What do you guys think, is it possible, was told that locally not available. Apart from this, cost is the issue too. But i die die love to have it as it is unique. Anyone got lobang for embroidery job for car mats?

LogoCarmat.jpg

Guest lightning

blackmercs wrote:

"Car mat - looking for something special not the usual 1M or 2M stuffs.....watch this thread ya."

Looking to get this logo embroider onto my stock car mats. What do you guys think, is it possible, was told that locally not available. Apart from this, cost is the issue too. But i die die love to have it as it is unique. Anyone got lobang for embroidery job for car mats?

LogoCarmat.jpg

ask your contact that produced the MB caps lah...:whistle:

Guest blackmercs

My car mat project - there is hope!!!! Now a fren helping me to get it resolve from overseas, here is a teaser shot of the finishing. Hopefully it can be done, but is not cheap though!!!!

However the logo is not embroidery directly onto the car mat due to the thickness, instead it is sew onto a pce of cloth then embedded onto the car mat. Diameter of the logo 20 cm, yes is 20 cm, size to me does matter.

Plan logo :-

LogoCarmat.jpg

Actual logo :-

Carmatdesign.jpg

Guest blackmercs

NewC180 wrote:

20cm?!?!? You scared ppl dunno you drive marserlee huh? Wakakakaka!

Wa, your sourcing skill beri good hor, you can become sourcing director lio.

Muahaha till I get hold of it then we go celebrate, eat mixed rice!!

Guest blackmercs

keltanky wrote:

go where eat huh???

PRC kopitiam no more!:Cry:

New hunting area in e west side!! E china PRC all send back hm liao. Anyway yr honeymoon period is already over? If yes, we talk!! ;)

Guest blackmercs

To all my loving brudder, I've sin. I told myself not to mod...bla bla bla.....and look what have i done now!!!

AMGnewrims.jpg

AMGrim.jpg

AMGfullpics.jpg

Compare with my previous rim, the difference is that the new one center hub is more concave and the wording AMG is engrave instead of sticker.

IMG_0846.jpg

Guest lightning

blackmercs wrote:

To all my loving brudder, I've sin. I told myself not to mod...bla bla bla.....and look what have i done now!!!

AMGnewrims.jpg

AMGrim.jpg

AMGfullpics.jpg

Compare with my previous rim, the difference is that the new one center hub is more concave and the wording AMG is engrave instead of sticker.

IMG_0846.jpg

bro...sibei swee leh...basket!...me itchy liao...poisonous fellow :becky: from Hurry Tire?

Guest kepiting1sg

blackmercs wrote:

AMGnewrims.jpg

AMGrim.jpg

AMGfullpics.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

Brudder! Nice rims BUT - behind the rims esp the rear

quite puny & empty leh!.....hahahaha!:whistle:

What's the rim sizes?

Diameter, Width, Offset & got staggered boh?

Later no problem to fill up behind rite?....hehehe!

Guest blackmercs

lightning wrote:

bro...sibei swee leh...basket!...me itchy liao...poisonous fellow :becky: from Hurry Tire?

Don't think just do it :) u won't regret!!

Guest blackmercs

kepiting1sg wrote:

Brudder! Nice rims BUT - behind the rims esp the rear

quite puny & empty leh!.....hahahaha!:whistle:

What's the rim sizes?

Diameter, Width, Offset & got staggered boh?

Later no problem to fill up behind rite?....hehehe!

Unker, did u take a good look at yr rear brake caliper?? Mine is super puny, i wonder why. Rim size 18x8.5 front and rear. No need to staggered the rim, just the tyres will do. Front 235x40 rear 255x35.

My puny stock rear brake caliper :-

RearstockBBK.jpg

Guest kepiting1sg

blackmercs wrote:

Unker, did u take a good look at yr rear brake caliper?? Mine is super puny, i wonder why. Rim size 18x8.5 front and rear. No need to staggered the rim, just the tyres will do. Front 235x40 rear 255x35.

My puny stock rear brake caliper :-

RearstockBBK.jpg

Mine also super puny lah that's why Unker no money keep the stk wheels

to cover up the puny brakes mah!

BTW Your wheels overall diameter got salah boh?

Anyway dunno abt Cabrio wheel specs.

Maybe U are correct and sedan wheel specs & cabrio are diff.

Sedan wheel specs std.

8.0 J x 17 H2 ET 48

245/45 R17

Non staggered 18"

8.5 J x 18 H2 ET 48

245/40 R18

Staggered

Front: 8.5 J x 18 H2 ET 48

245/40 R18 (front 235x35 R18???)

Rear: 9.0 J x 18 H2 ET 54

265/35 R18 (rear 255x35 R18???)