• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Servicing for W204

Guest kirk713

Guest kirk713

Hi,

May I know where you guys normally go for servicing apart from C&C?

I was quoted $1028 (before gst) for 40000 km servicing. Is this considered reasonable?

Regards,

Kirk

Guest Red Devil

kirk713 wrote:

Hi,

May I know where you guys normally go for servicing apart from C&C?

I was quoted $1028 (before gst) for 40000 km servicing. Is this considered reasonable?

Regards,

Kirk

MBM ? It's one of the site sponsor.

Guest kirk713

mile wrote:

W204 service interval is 15000km ... why are you servicing at 40,000km?

Rule of the thumb - service every 10000 km...further more this is supercharged.

Guest jtang

IMO, $1028 is very reasonable for 40k Service if that includes transmission oil change, brake fluid bleed & change, radiator fluid change & iridium spark plugs on top of the usual synthetic oil change.

Guest DarkAv

Yep. What was quoted include replacement on below items:

6L engine oil (Liqui Moly),

Oil filter,

Micro filter,

Iriduim spark plugs,

Fuel filter,

Brake fluid,

Transmission fluid,

Air filter,

Coolant

and

30 Point (complete) checks which cover both mechanical and electronic.

Guest achuafc

jtang wrote:

IMO, $1028 is very reasonable for 40k Service if that includes transmission oil change, brake fluid bleed & change, radiator fluid change & iridium spark plugs on top of the usual synthetic oil change.

Agree. Try C&C for the same replacement and oil flush and you'll fall off the chair :becky:

Guest Clear Vision

DarkAv wrote:

Yep. What was quoted include replacement on below items:

6L engine oil (Liqui Moly),

Oil filter,

Micro filter,

Iriduim spark plugs,

Fuel filter,

Brake fluid,

Transmission fluid,

Air filter,

Coolant

and

30 Point (complete) checks which cover both mechanical and electronic.

================

1) May I know what is "micro filter" as you have mentioned. First time I hear of micro filter.

2) BTW, no mnetioned of Steering Gear oil changed. Not required? or W204 is electrical operated ?

Thanks

Guest parkbai

Just wondering, 40K km should still be under warranty and your last official service should be at 30k km. Shouldnt this service be just normal 10k km?

Guest jtang

parkbai wrote:

Just wondering, 40K km should still be under warranty and your last official service should be at 30k km. Shouldnt this service be just normal 10k km?

Warranty & servicing has no correlation provided all parts used are all original parts by 3rd party. The regimen recommended for car service is 10k/15k km with minor service eg simple oil change & oil filter change. 20k/30k km is a semi major service while 40/50k km is a major service. Thereafter, it's reverted back to same cycle...60k km minor service, etc.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
Guest poolfan

I was actually surprised with the high cost of maintenance with C&C .... I just did my 30k servicing and the total bill was closed to 1k. The next big one will be 60k and I am expecting the bill to be closed to 2k ...

I was driving the E90 and I sold it when the mileage was 46k, did 3 servicing - 12k each and the average bill was S$300 to S$400.

Servicing at C&C seems high as compared to PML ....

Guest io5885

Bro poolfan,

did u use ur service credits for the servicing?

Wats ur car model & YOM?

Was wondering if there's any price differentiation for service credit user or offer price buyer or low wage worker like me..

Mine is 09 W204 and my 30k spa at See&See is ard $650 last yr.

Did u order for any special? :P

Just did my 30,000km servicing at C & C for $458. Was thinking of doing the ATF flush and other stuff outside. Personally, I prefer 10,000km oil changes as car feel sluggish after 9-10k km.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...