• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

2017 E Class

darksaint

3 minutes ago, lks328 said:

Perhaps C class for taxi instead? Outlook similar too. Until now i need to go close enough during daytime to see the Exxx... to confirm E or C.. night time no issue as the backlights diff... daytime only the running lights in front most obvious...

Think my eyesight getting worse.. i love the new E. didnt dare to test drive yet... or... pocket burn again...

C class is too small for taxi. Would be quite uncomfortable for back passengers.

Day time, you can tell the E from the C from the back by looking out for reflectors. The E has 2 reflectors on the rear bumper which the C doesn't have.

3 minutes ago, swissfondue said:

C class is too small for taxi. Would be quite uncomfortable for back passengers.

Day time, you can tell the E from the C from the back by looking out for reflectors. The E has 2 reflectors on the rear bumper which the C doesn't have.

I think the w213 is quite recognisable from the size.  The w213 is alot bigger than the c class.  But I don't see alot of w213 yet.  

22 hours ago, lks328 said:

Perhaps C class for taxi instead? Outlook similar too. Until now i need to go close enough during daytime to see the Exxx... to confirm E or C.. night time no issue as the backlights diff... daytime only the running lights in front most obvious...

Think my eyesight getting worse.. i love the new E. didnt dare to test drive yet... or... pocket burn again...

Can't la..

The C Class has less legroom than a Corolla.. 

• Like 1

On 24/03/2017 at 10:26 PM, lks328 said:

Yes, the E class is very nice but very expensive. Those who are driving it is so lucky!

Maybe it's a good thing that we see such taxis.

I think they are more likely to be sourced from PIs. If they are used as taxis, it means they are pretty reliable and hardy. Furthermore, parts will also be easily available and workshops will be familiar with fixing them if needed.

On 4/3/2017 at 0:19 PM, swissfondue said:

What color? Faint if they go black or selenite grey. Haha

white

On 4/3/2017 at 3:25 PM, michaelleongchangliat said:

Limo chauffeur or taxi? 

taxi car plate starting with SHxxx

20 minutes ago, tuescon said:

Wanna check with the drivers here whether they find their engines a bit noisy?

just got my w213 and it sounds abit louder to me. 

Congrats, bro! What do you have? E200, E250, E300, E220d? Each of these sound different.

59 minutes ago, tuescon said:

Wanna check with the drivers here whether they find their engines a bit noisy?

just got my w213 and it sounds abit louder to me. 

Mine sounds ok to me. I am still driving in comfort mode though. Slow n easy lol.

Thanks! I got the E200.

Another question, you guys know the cockpit where it shows which active gear the car is at? There's a C beside it. I was thinking it indicates the driving mode the car is in but it didn't change to S when I changed it to sports mode.

Anyone know what that is?

I'm still driving on comfort mode too cos I only just got it. lol