• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

2017 E Class

darksaint

7 hours ago, michaelleongchangliat said:

The BMW 530i Luxury comes with a pricetag of $280,800 and an OMV of $49,363, while the BMW 540i M Sport goes for $355,800 with an OMV of $75,553. 

How much is the 520d? Glad I didn't wait for the G30 before ordering W213. The price for 530i is pitched to compete with E250. If you are going for pure hp, then the 530i wins hands down. It is 248hp compared to E250's 211hp. And I also like that the G30 comes standard with adaptive cruise control. I've tried it in the i3 and it was great. The equivalent drive pilot does not come standard in W213 for Singapore. The G30 is also bigger and a little more spacious than W213. 

However, that's all where it stops. Aesthetic wise, in and out, the W213 is better in my opinion. Exterior wise, W213 completely different from W212, though many dislike it being a big brother of the C-class. I tend to see it as a small brother of the S-Class :) On the other hand, the G30 looks more like a facelift and asslift of the F10. Interior wise, the G30 is just no match in terms of feel. Cheap plastics everywhere.

On a separate topic, to those bros and sis here who have collected their cars from C&C, how do you find the quality of the huper optik solar film and logon T5 car cam?

Many in the forurm find the installation of the films very poorly done and there's one that says the specs is not right. Very low IR rejection. 

For car cam, I saw it with my own eyes that the rear cam was installed poorly. Dangling wires without care for aesthetics. It looks exactly like a rush job with the installer doing what is most convenient to them.

Very worried about all these.

13 minutes ago, swissfondue said:

On a separate topic, to those bros and sis here who have collected their cars from C&C, how do you find the quality of the huper optik solar film and logon T5 car cam?

Many in the forurm find the installation of the films very poorly done and there's one that says the specs is not right. Very low IR rejection. 

For car cam, I saw it with my own eyes that the rear cam was installed poorly. Dangling wires without care for aesthetics. It looks exactly like a rush job with the installer doing what is most convenient to them.

Guess u need to check properly and inform ur SA abt it if any issue. 

They will definitely resolve it. 

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 10:28 PM, mb8778 said:

Hi bro, I paid $227k for the AMG spec.Ride is good and smooth, only different from CnC is no suction door,no 360 camera ,roller blinds but PI got larger cockpit display,sunroof.

IMG_0168.JPG

IMG_0169.JPG

IMG_0171.JPG

IMG_0173.JPG

IMG_0181.JPG

Bro,

How about the GPS? Able to change to Singapore Map?

My past experiences with Huper Optik were OK. May be too many new cars are registered during this period, ready hope that the sale manager of CnC is aware of the problem and does something to ensure their quality control of the mercedes cars.  

On 02/03/2017 at 0:14 AM, mb8778 said:

Hi bros, just collect my E200 AMG (PI)enjoy the ride,but the engine is not so refine.Cabin insulation is good.

Hi, for servicing, where do you go to? Does your PI company provide the servicing job?

1 minute ago, Merc Lover said:

Hi, for servicing, where do you go to? Does your PI company provide the servicing job?

Yes, PIs provide servicing, either they have their own workshop or through third party.

4 hours ago, ALEXONG said:

Do you have this warning message ?  Think this message is due to map is different i.e. Europe map instead of singapore map, am i right?

IMG_5508.JPG

I think the "Traffic Sign Assist currently unavailable" message is because you are not using Command online or factory-fitted Garmin navigation. Only those will enable you to see Traffic Sign Assist in display between the 2 meters.

On 02/03/2017 at 0:14 AM, mb8778 said:

Hi bros, just collect my E200 AMG (PI)enjoy the ride,but the engine is not so refine.Cabin insulation is good.

Which PI did  you buy from? Is there such thing as a more reliable PI or are they pretty much the same? 

21 minutes ago, Merc Lover said:

Which PI did  you buy from? Is there such thing as a more reliable PI or are they pretty much the same? 

You must have read in the papers some PI's run away with clients' deposits.

1 hour ago, Merc Lover said:

All companies can fail even ADs can fail and run away with your money. Not that it has happened but there is always a possibility. So just make sure you do your due diligence and check the track record of the PI before making your purchase. :) 

I self imported my W213 E220D. I would like to compare emissions of my diesel car as compared to the petrol E200 or E250. If you have the COC ( it is usually together with the manual in the pack ), can u pm me ur page 3, or post it here? Here's mine.

IMG-20161029-WA0006.jpg

On 06/03/2017 at 8:40 AM, swissfondue said:

You can expect an OMV of 57465 if you went for the avantgarde e250.  E250 exclusive is around 59.4k. 

From mycarforum. 

Razzd, on 13 Mar 2017 - 5:18 PM, said:snapback.png

Exchange rate used = 3.00 for simplicity & ease of calculation.

Tentatively, prices across the border are:

• BMW G30 530i M-Sport = RM398K (S$132,666)
  • BMW G30 540i M-Sport = RM450K (S$150,000)
  • Mercedes Benz W213 E200 Avantgarde = RM396K (S$132,000)
  • Mercedes Benz W213 E250 Avantgarde = RM421K (S$140,333)
  • Mercedes Benz W213 E250 Exclusive = RM426K (S$142,000)
  • Mercedes Benz W213 E300 AMG Line = RM459K (S$153,000)
For the G30, prices are not finalized yet & will only be after March 29th after the pre-launch. But it's pretty certain that for the G30, prices will not be above the "leaked" prices.

Prices above are quoted w/o Insurance.

All cars above are CBU (Fully Imported) from Germany. Malaysia is one of the only countries outside Germany (besides South Africa) which locally assemble BMW cars.

However, the new G30 is too "high tech", the BMW assembly plant in Kulim Kedah up north is not upgraded to handle the new tech feast G30 just yet. Will take a while before BMW Malaysia starts the local assembly of the 530i, which will certainly see many features being omitted (like HUD, sun-roof, no M-Sport package).

The G30 530i M-Sport in Malaysia adds (over the SG version):
  • 19" M-Sport 664 Double Spoke Rims (SG Luxury Line 19" rims but not M-Sport alloys)
  • Heads Up Display & Sun-roof (SG Luxury Line = No HUD, No sun-roof)
  • Digital Touch 4-Zone Climate Control for Driver & Rear passenger (SG Luxury Line = Manual buttons/Digital Display, 2 Zone Climate Control, Rear passenger = manual dials)
  • Nappa Leather with Contrast Stitching (SG Luxury Line = Std Leather Seats, not Nappa)
  • 5 years unlimited mileage warranty & 5 years free servicing (tires are covered for 2 years)
Both MY & SG versions comes with the BMW Display Key (But Remote Parking feature only available on the 540i).

The 530i m sport is priced the same as the e200 in Malaysia