• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

2017 E Class

darksaint

6 minutes ago, michaelleongchangliat said:

Where did you install the Burmester cover and spoiler? 

Burmester cover from taobao. Spoiler from Taiwan supplier bought on eBay. Don't buy spoiler from taobao because they are non-OEM and looks different from the original.

4 hours ago, swissfondue said:

Burmester cover from taobao. Spoiler from Taiwan supplier bought on eBay. Don't buy spoiler from taobao because they are non-OEM and looks different from the original.

Nice pictures bro, especially with rain water. Mine just registered today and the number plate is SLN46??. will be collecting on the 9th.

7 minutes ago, chuapc said:

Nice pictures bro, especially with rain water. Mine just registered today and the number plate is SLN46??. will be collecting on the 9th.

That's great news! Pls post pics when you get your new car :)

4 hours ago, chuapc said:

Which model are you buying from C&C?

Saw a W213 at C&C. From far, exterior looks like normal Exclusive line, nothing special. On closer look, it is an indent model with highly desirable options: Designo interior, Burmester stereo, multi beam LED headlamp. No Exxx, C&C logo, or 9G-Tronic badges at the rear.

C&C should seriously consider doing away with the 9G-Tronic badge -- uniquely Singapore, but in this case it spoils the beautiful design of the E Class..

1 minute ago, www888 said:

Saw a W213 at C&C. From far, exterior looks like normal Exclusive line, nothing special. On closer look, it is an indent model with highly desirable options: Designo interior, Burmester stereo, multi beam LED headlamp. No Exxx, C&C logo, or 9G-Tronic badges at the rear.

C&C should seriously consider doing away with the stupid 9G-Tronic badge -- uniquely Singapore, but in this case it spoils the beautiful design of the E Class..

The 9g tronic inscription is one way to differentiate a cnc w213 from pi.  

Just now, www888 said:

C&C should seriously consider doing away with the stupid 9G-Tronic badge -- uniquely Singapore, but in this case it spoils the beautiful design of the E Class..

You probably saw the E43 AMG. Was it in cavansite blue?

6 minutes ago, michaelleongchangliat said:

This purpose is already well served by the C&C badge. There's a Chinese saying 画蛇添足

1 minute ago, michaelleongchangliat said:

Two other ways being:

1) the C&C badge

2) the number plate holder

When the PI's brought in the E220d in the early days, they brought in the SE which has low spec. In trying to differentiate themselves, they throw in things like pano roof. So if you see a W213 with pano roof, it is likely to be PI.

1 minute ago, www888 said:

By the way, E43's blue exterior is not Cavansite Blue, it is a brighter shade of blue -- I think it is called Lunar Blue.

I think you're right. I thought the blue for AMG was different so I asked my SE. But she insisted that it is cavansite blue. I think our eyes are more sensitive than hers :)

Just now, swissfondue said:

I think you're right. I thought the blue for AMG was different so I asked my SE. But she insisted that it is cavansite blue. I think our eyes are more sensitive than hers :)

Lol. Nowadays customers have become more knowledgeable than SE. Many of us would have gone through numerous video/written reviews, and even pore over owner's manual downloaded in PDF before going for test drive.

Once an Audi SE purported that A3's DSG gear box is the wet type. Asked her to double check and confirm in writing. Never heard from her....

2 minutes ago, www888 said:

Lol. Nowadays customers have become more knowledgeable than SE. Many of us would have gone through numerous video/written reviews, and even pore over owner's manual downloaded in PDF before going for test drive.

Once an Audi SE purported that A3's DSG gear box is the wet type. Asked her to double check and confirm in writing. Never heard from her....

Hahaha