• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

2017 E Class

darksaint

On 13/04/2017 at 6:32 PM, chuapc said:

Hi, swissfondue, when will you register your car?

Just settled my payment. Car should be registered next week. Showroom is quiet like a ghost town but they are very busy with registering and delivering the W213s. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, swissfondue said:

Just settled my payment. Car should be registered next week. Showroom is quiet like a ghost town but they are very busy with registering and delivering the W213s. 

Hi Swissfoundue, u just signed and paid and getting delivery so soon? Wow thats fast!

6 hours ago, www888 said:

Nice. Anyone know what's the price for E43? Blue colour exterior looks good!

Congrats bro. My wife just send the checks today and SE told my wife that registration will be on 2 May and delivery on 8 May. She is giving me the Open COE of above $53,000. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chuapc said:

Congrats bro. My wife just send the checks today and SE told my wife that registration will be on 2 May and delivery on 8 May. She is giving me the Open COE of above $53,000. 

Congrats to you too, bro! Get your mods ready :)

Has anyone swapped 18" rims to 19", or is driving car that came with 19" rims? Wondering how 19" rims pair with the stock agility control steel suspension in terms of ride quality. Appreciate feedback and comments. Thanks.

The stock 18" 5 twin-spoke wheels look ok, am thinking that 19" would look better.

7 hours ago, www888 said:

Has anyone swapped 18" rims to 19", or is driving car that came with 19" rims? Wondering how 19" rims pair with the stock agility control steel suspension in terms of ride quality. Appreciate feedback and comments. Thanks.

The stock 18" 5 twin-spoke wheels look ok, am thinking that 19" would look better.

IMO you can barely feel the difference if you change from 18" to 19". Unless you are changing to like 20" or even 21" :) 

1 hour ago, ACEGabz said:

IMO you can barely feel the difference if you change from 18" to 19". Unless you are changing to like 20" or even 21" :) 

I second that from experience. On my current A6, I moved from 17" to 19" hardly noticing any difference. And I made another change from 19" to 20" and that's when the problem starts. Cosmetically, 20" rims looks "empty" and strange with small brakes and needs a BBK to fill the space. So I installed a BBK. But the BBK (brakes and rotor) adds substantial unsprung weight to the car, and unsprung weight is really a killer to performance. The car became very sluggish on take off.

COE bidding results out again!

My brother in-law booked an Elantra on 21th April based on 6 non-guaranteed COE bids for $92,999 plus some goodies. Moreover, when he mentioned to the SE that he did own a Hyundia MATRIX which he sold in 2006. The SE immediately told him that he would ask for loyatly discount from his MANAGER. In the end my Bro in-law pay $92,499 instead of $92,999. 

Today 26th April, He just called to tell me a GOOD NEWS that he has gotten his COE on the VERY FIRST BID. WA I congrat him and told him that this is what we mean sincerity and customer satisfaction (COE) and appreciation for loyal customers to the BRAND ($500 discount).   

NOW, let look at CnC POLICY: First of all, Long term customers no matter how long you are with MB, just a letter of apprecaition after the purchase of the car(same as any other new owners). Even a small token of appreciation also DON'T have. Secondly, book the car based on 6 guaranteed COE BIDS, I could not secured the COE on THREE biddings. What do you as a car enthusiast feel?

Car price $92,499 based on 6 non-guaranteed COE bids got the COE on frist bidding and car price $268,888 with 6 guaranteed COE bids could not get the COE on third attempts.  

Anyway, a friend told me he did get some good discount for loyalty when he purchased the W212 FL about 2-3 years ago.  

Do you think that the SALE Managers of CnC are aware of customers' semtiment?

1 hour ago, chuapc said:

COE bidding results out again!

My brother in-law booked an Elantra on 21th April based on 6 non-guaranteed COE bids for $92,999 plus some goodies. Moreover, when he mentioned to the SE that he did own a Hyundia MATRIX which he sold in 2006. The SE immediately told him that he would ask for loyatly discount from his MANAGER. In the end my Bro in-law pay $92,499 instead of $92,999. 

Today 26th April, He just called to tell me a GOOD NEWS that he has gotten his COE on the VERY FIRST BID. WA I congrat him and told him that this is what we mean sincerity and customer satisfaction (COE) and appreciation for loyal customers to the BRAND ($500 discount).   

NOW, let look at CnC POLICY: First of all, Long term customers no matter how long you are with MB, just a letter of apprecaition after the purchase of the car(same as any other new owners). Even a small token of appreciation also DON'T have. Secondly, book the car based on 6 guaranteed COE BIDS, I could not secured the COE on THREE biddings. What do you as a car enthusiast feel?

Car price $92,499 based on 6 non-guaranteed COE bids got the COE on frist bidding and car price $268,888 with 6 guaranteed COE bids could not get the COE on third attempts.  

Anyway, a friend told me he did get some good discount for loyalty when he purchased the W212 FL about 2-3 years ago.  

Do you think that the SALE Managers of CnC are aware of customers' semtiment?

Some SEs take their loyal return customers for granted.