• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

2017 E Class

darksaint

41 minutes ago, tuescon said:

Thanks! I got the E200.

Another question, you guys know the cockpit where it shows which active gear the car is at? There's a C beside it. I was thinking it indicates the driving mode the car is in but it didn't change to S when I changed it to sports mode.

Anyone know what that is?

I'm still driving on comfort mode too cos I only just got it. lol

C is comfort mode. It shd change to sports, sports plus etc when u change the setting.

1 hour ago, Paladin said:

Selected individual mode and display showed i*. Will change to s if i select sports mode.

finally got S mode but it's under one of the preset modes via the dynamic select switch instead of the individual mode. can't seem to get the I*.

anyways, will fiddle with it more and thanks for your help!

On 22/03/2017 at 0:59 PM, Paladin said:

Trade in the stock rims while it is still brand new.  Getting 19" Rays rims. Will PM u the price swissfondue : )

Stock rims are 18" staggered (see pics) for the e250.

IMG-20170321-WA0012[1].jpg

Hi, can anyone please share how is ride quality after swapping rims from 18" to 19"? I went for a test drive at C&C. Stock 18" on E250 avantgarde rides very well when cruising on expressway. But suspension travel takes some time to settle, giving rise to floaty feeling, when traveling at slower speed on more uneven normal roads. perhaps MB tuned the suspension a bit too soft to compensate for run flat tyres. And also wondering if 19" would make ride quality better... Thanks so much for advice!

3 hours ago, www888 said:

Hi, can anyone please share how is ride quality after swapping rims from 18" to 19"? I went for a test drive at C&C. Stock 18" on E250 avantgarde rides very well when cruising on expressway. But suspension travel takes some time to settle, giving rise to floaty feeling, when traveling at slower speed on more uneven normal roads. perhaps MB tuned the suspension a bit too soft to compensate for run flat tyres. And also wondering if 19" would make ride quality better... Thanks so much for advice!

I don't think there's much difference in drive going from 18 to 19. I think the main difference would come from changing run flat to normal tyres. 

1 hour ago, ArcherLau said:

Run flats are better or normal?

Normal tyres are less hard than run flats. But W213 suspension is designed with run flats in mind. So suspension could already have been tuned softer to accommodate the harder run flats. Thus may not be a good idea to switch to normal tyres. plus the fact that there is no spare tyre.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, petetherock said:

I guess the car isn't in town yet.. however my rep also got the COE on the first try, even though I collected my car only 4 months later..

Both Chuapc and I ordered our cars on the same day and were given the same timeframe for delivery, i.e., by end Apr 2017.

Thanks brothers swissfondue and petetherock. This is the first time i couldn't get my coe with 3 tries. In the past 5 experiences with c n c, four times with 1st bid and one time with second bid. My SE till now still did not inform me the results. 

1 minute ago, chuapc said:

Thanks brothers swissfondue and petetherock. This is the first time i couldn't get my coe with 3 tries. In the past 5 experiences with c n c, four times with 1st bid and one time with second bid. My SE till now still did not inform me the results. 

Wah.  You are cnc number 1 supporter.  What were  your previous models before the w213