• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

2017 E Class

darksaint

12 hours ago, tuescon said:

yea mine too. don't like the noisy engine but like the relative power as its lighter than my previous car!

Is W212 just as noisy? W212 and W213 uses same engine from the table below

18 minutes ago, michaelleongchangliat said:

upload_2017-4-5_10-36-44.png.b9086326951211236056c075f501e7c5.pngfuture engine lineup of the e class.  

2 minutes ago, swissfondue said:

Is W212 just as noisy? W212 and W213 uses same engine from the table below

Only difference will be e350 which will use a new generation of in line 4 engine. But the engine output is 316hp! There is also the E50 amg but not so applicable to sg market.  

The new engines will filter down to the e200 and e250 series in future but not so soon maybe during the facelift 

15 hours ago, chuapc said:

COE bidding results out again!

My brother in-law booked an Elantra on 21th April based on 6 non-guaranteed COE bids for $92,999 plus some goodies. Moreover, when he mentioned to the SE that he did own a Hyundia MATRIX which he sold in 2006. The SE immediately told him that he would ask for loyatly discount from his MANAGER. In the end my Bro in-law pay $92,499 instead of $92,999. 

Today 26th April, He just called to tell me a GOOD NEWS that he has gotten his COE on the VERY FIRST BID. WA I congrat him and told him that this is what we mean sincerity and customer satisfaction (COE) and appreciation for loyal customers to the BRAND ($500 discount).   

NOW, let look at CnC POLICY: First of all, Long term customers no matter how long you are with MB, just a letter of apprecaition after the purchase of the car(same as any other new owners). Even a small token of appreciation also DON'T have. Secondly, book the car based on 6 guaranteed COE BIDS, I could not secured the COE on THREE biddings. What do you as a car enthusiast feel?

Car price $92,499 based on 6 non-guaranteed COE bids got the COE on frist bidding and car price $268,888 with 6 guaranteed COE bids could not get the COE on third attempts.  

Anyway, a friend told me he did get some good discount for loyalty when he purchased the W212 FL about 2-3 years ago.  

Do you think that the SALE Managers of CnC are aware of customers' semtiment?

Hey bro

I thought you managed to get your COE in the end?

I don't know about your case, but I got mine in the first try, even though I actually wanted it later - car only came 4 months later.. 

I haven't heard about any Merc customers who failed to get their COEs.. so that's interesting.. 

Yes, Honda also gives loyalty discounts, so I am surprised if Merc doesn't, or did they work that into your final purchase price? 

No one pays retail for example, so when someone quotes the retail price as the amount they paid, that's not the final price.. there are all those overtrades etc etc. 

5 hours ago, petetherock said:

Hey bro

I thought you managed to get your COE in the end?

I don't know about your case, but I got mine in the first try, even though I actually wanted it later - car only came 4 months later.. 

I haven't heard about any Merc customers who failed to get their COEs.. so that's interesting.. 

Yes, Honda also gives loyalty discounts, so I am surprised if Merc doesn't, or did they work that into your final purchase price? 

No one pays retail for example, so when someone quotes the retail price as the amount they paid, that's not the final price.. there are all those overtrades etc etc. 

Thanks bro for your concern. Yes I am given the open cat COE on 29th April after the 3rd attempts on 26th April. The week before the bidding SE told me that my car has already in Singapore. Bro, do you agree with me that the joy of buying a new car is the car is here and the COE bidding is successful.

Anyway, I'm OK with all the unhappiness that I faced with this purchase as I'm presently driving the W212FL which is not much different from the W213 except the interior.   

6 minutes ago, chuapc said:

Thanks bro for your concern. Yes I am given the open cat COE on 29th April after the 3rd attempts on 26th April. The week before the bidding SE told me that my car has already in Singapore. Bro, do you agree with me that the joy of buying a new car is the car is here and the COE bidding is successful.

Anyway, I'm OK with all the unhappiness that I faced with this purchase as I'm presently driving the W212FL which is not much different from the W213 except the interior.   

Enjoy the new ride :)

You are far more senior and have a lot more experience with C&C, I can only hope my journey with them is smooth sailing, and fuss free... the most important is that there's no delay in getting the car on the road.. Should have changed places with you ;)  I was hoping to get my COE later so I can drag on my old car a bit more, ha ha :D 

48 minutes ago, petetherock said:

Enjoy the new ride :)

You are far more senior and have a lot more experience with C&C, I can only hope my journey with them is smooth sailing, and fuss free... the most important is that there's no delay in getting the car on the road.. Should have changed places with you ;)  I was hoping to get my COE later so I can drag on my old car a bit more, ha ha :D 

Thanks again! Anyway my wife and i have a super good relationship with many staff at Pandan Loop Service centre since 2002.  When are you taking delivery of your new car? 

4 hours ago, chuapc said:

Thanks again! Anyway my wife and i have a super good relationship with many staff at Pandan Loop Service centre since 2002.  When are you taking delivery of your new car? 

Thanks bro, I have been driving since CNY :)

It's my first.. I can't say that there may be more, given the big gap between what I have, and the next step up... even so, it's been a lot of fun :)

1 hour ago, petetherock said:

Thanks bro, I have been driving since CNY :)

It's my first.. I can't say that there may be more, given the big gap between what I have, and the next step up... even so, it's been a lot of fun :)

Gald that you enjoy mb car.

• Like 1

Just took delivery of my W213 yesterday afternoon. Went through the entire checklist (those that are relevant and those that are possible to check) with my SE, who was very patient throughout. The checklist actually provided some discipline and helped me identified some small scratches on the underside of the bumpers the I would have missed. SE was very nice and brought the car up to the workshop again to have them polished off.

Here are some initial pics and I will post more when I find the time to take some nicer pics at nicer locations :)

IMG_1553.thumb.JPG.7d5aa912659c0908dac2c69ec9b1fc2f.JPGIMG_1563.thumb.JPG.410eeafe9dd21e299d20fd458eae3f3c.JPGIMG_1562.thumb.JPG.31dd5918ad5afc0ecf3755057a73b93a.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swissfondue said:

Just took delivery of my W213 yesterday afternoon. Went through the entire checklist (those that are relevant and those that are possible to check) with my SE, who was very patient throughout. The checklist actually provided some discipline and helped me identified some small scratches on the underside of the bumpers the I would have missed. SE was very nice and brought the car up to the workshop again to have them polished off.

Here are some initial pics and I will post more when I find the time to take some nicer pics at nicer locations :)

IMG_1553.thumb.JPG.7d5aa912659c0908dac2c69ec9b1fc2f.JPGIMG_1563.thumb.JPG.410eeafe9dd21e299d20fd458eae3f3c.JPGIMG_1562.thumb.JPG.31dd5918ad5afc0ecf3755057a73b93a.JPG

Congratulation. Enjoy the car. I love the 360 camera n the automatic boot. These r things that i wouldnt hv added on if they were optional item.😊

5 hours ago, Paladin said:

Congratulation. Enjoy the car. I love the 360 camera n the automatic boot. These r things that i wouldnt hv added on if they were optional item.😊

Thanks, bro! Enjoying every bit of it :)

8 hours ago, swissfondue said:

Thanks, bro! Enjoying every bit of it :)

Congratulation. Finally you can enjoy the car from now.

So sorry for the late congratulation as I was out the whole day. 

On 29/04/2017 at 8:44 AM, Paladin said:

Congrats! Hope they start delivering more 250s here on! Share more pics and ur mod, enjoy!