• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

My cheapo diary mods - C coupe

Guest blackmercs

Yup, wanna know if it can actually be done before I let blackmercs damage my stock pins!

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

Ang moh only good at talkin so have to read the posts lah. They use adhesive for the rear pins

Ang moh only good at talkin so have to read the posts lah. They use adhesive for the rear pins

My adhesive is more effective!! Give me 5 mins will do lolz. My england is bad can help me out on how they glue it? Catch no ball.

bro blackmercs your door pins are the same as mine, but my logo is the merc laurel in black (to match my black laurel hood emblem heh)

Ok guys here are my before and after pics. As you can see, the rear and front door mounts are completely different. (caveat: this is for Pre-FL W204 sedan, so may be different for later models)

I used a rag cloth and a pair of pliers to unscrew the door pins from the front door (lefty-loosey). The pin for the rear door can just be pulled out straight, and it snaps fit when you pop it back in.

I think the American dudes used adhesive for the rear doors because they can't directly screw on the replacement pins. But personally I realized that the rear door pins are not really noticeable if you have heavy tint on your rear windows.

Hope this helps!

[Front Door before]

7157107432_80a4b3d156.jpg

[Front Door After]

7157106578_519aff5418.jpg

[Front Door Locked]

7157106034_bf1d1539c8.jpg

[Rear Door Exposed]

7157107104_e77161a959.jpg

Hi chsurfer,

Thanks for the effort to a write out on the door pin mods. Coupe & sedan the front pins is entirely diifference. The screw thread is in the middle instead all the way upwards. After comparing the rear picture that u posted. I notice that the rear is same as coupe door pin. In order to remove it u got to damage it. The total length for coupe pin is 4cm.

d4ef8b2b.jpg

98d39d05.jpg

For me, the rear door pins were actually v easy to remove (I removed it yesterday afternoon to take the photo, then popped it back in)

I took a closer look at your pins, it seems that it's different from mine, so I think that's the reason why even though the mounting on the door is the same, you had to destroy your pin while mine just pops off

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

The quality looks good but removing the pins is not that easy. U can try to twist the stock pin out but its wont barge. Else i wont pay $50 lesson!! Yes these pins can fits our coupe.

This thread sibei poisonous. Actually I never noticed the door pins but after seeing this thread, now I find them an eye sore! Curse you, blackmercs!!!

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

This thread sibei poisonous. Actually I never noticed the door pins but after seeing this thread, now I find them an eye sore! Curse you, blackmercs!!!

Ouch!!! MTL MTL MTL. I will pray for all my enemies :)

I see, then how come u didnt change the rear pin?

Oh my rear pin just doesn't fit properly, so if I wanted I'd have to glue it on. The MBWorld thread also talked about how if you are not careful and push too hard the rear mounting pin may collapse into the door interior, which requires a trip to the workshop. Didn't want to take that hassle, plus my rear windows are heavy tinted so can't really see from the outside anyway...

I see, then how come u didnt change the rear pin?

Oh my rear pin just doesn't fit properly, so if I wanted I'd have to glue it on. The MBWorld thread also talked about how if you are not careful and push too hard the rear mounting pin may collapse into the door interior, which requires a trip to the workshop. Didn't want to take that hassle, plus my rear windows are heavy tinted so can't really see from the outside anyway...

Roger!! Got it now!! Thanks

so conclusion is:

1. do the front two

2. leave the rear two pins alone

3. ???

4. profit

so conclusion is:

1. do the front two

2. leave the rear two pins alone

3. ???

4. profit

Pre-face & FL might be difference type of pins are used. Can u snap a picture of yr front & rear pin & post it here. U got steel balls, i operate for u?? Lolz

Conclusion is for pre-FL is front screw on type & rear is snap on type. Also, the replacement pins length for the front is longer than the rear. But i think the FL model front & rear shld be the same length.

Just couldnt understand why the design as such. Those days we needs to unscrew it & we are done!!

Can, later I take photos. But I want the real AMG pins leh. got or not?

Can, later I take photos. But I want the real AMG pins leh. got or not?

Real AMG one is make of gold. Better not wait ppl will steal it. This gold pins mods u will never see it in BMW & VAGSG too.

• Like 1

I would love chrome pins too but a bit reserved on the installation part. Have anyone studied whether it is very difficult to remove the rear door cards and have the pins installed properly instead of taking a risk. i am sure some workshops can do it with their eyes closed.

I would love chrome pins too but a bit reserved on the installation part. Have anyone studied whether it is very difficult to remove the rear door cards and have the pins installed properly instead of taking a risk. i am sure some workshops can do it with their eyes closed.

Yap $50 for a professional installation. Interested?

so BM, long story short, for coupe, must fierce heart, kah kah rip out the front pins and wallop the replacement pins in.

so if i have a weak heart, this mod is not for me?

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

so BM, long story short, for coupe, must fierce heart, kah kah rip out the front pins and wallop the replacement pins in.

so if i have a weak heart, this mod is not for me?

Pay $50 then simi heart issue also wont have lah.

• Like 1