• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Topic abt all New Merc B-Class

Guest hkhamateur

Chris may/may not be pro-bmw, but would that automatically make him anti-merc for some reason? perhaps he is voicing some genuine concerns - which is bad for C&C, given that local car publications' car reviews (esp sgcarmart) more often than not read like advertisements.

any how, if you have already put money down for a B, then just enjoy it. it is still a three point star. :) take solace in the fact that B class reviews from publications overseas are quite OK - middle of the road, bland. Not that you are buying a B200, expecting M3 dynamics, right?

(no, i absolutely do not know chris tan in person. absolutely.)

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

Dear all,

This is my first post in this form. Me too just signed the option to purchase the new B Class this week. Me and my wife was smitten by its looks and practicality. Saw the car last sunday but when decided to sign on the dotted line 3 days later, the price went up 2k. Fortunately, the SE who attended to us was helpful enough to get additional 1k for over trade.

I like everything abt the car except the engine. Paper specs quoted 0-100km/hr is 8.4 sec but it certainly don't feel that way. The engine also felt a bit loud when revved hard.

We were told allocation for current buyers are not fixed yet. Waiting for head office information and delivery shd be jan to mar 13. If price is increased drastically, we can still opt out. But I hope the sales can go through.

My SE said no freebies except window film. Car is very popular now.

Dear all,

This is my first post in this form. Me too just signed the option to purchase the new B Class this week. Me and my wife was smitten by its looks and practicality. Saw the car last sunday but when decided to sign on the dotted line 3 days later, the price went up 2k. Fortunately, the SE who attended to us was helpful enough to get additional 1k for over trade.

I like everything abt the car except the engine. Paper specs quoted 0-100km/hr is 8.4 sec but it certainly don't feel that way. The engine also felt a bit loud when revved hard.

We were told allocation for current buyers are not fixed yet. Waiting for head office information and delivery shd be jan to mar 13. If price is increased drastically, we can still opt out. But I hope the sales can go through.

hello ! warm welcome to our forum! :D

saw one on the road just afew days ago.... looks refreshing... and sporty... but still doesn't have much of a boot.....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Welcome here. Join us at this mth end GTG and the seniors will share with u the joys of owning a Mercedes.

Who is your SE. So tough to break.

Think some of the bros who swap for b class have better deals

Dear all,

Victoria Concordia Crescit

Translation: Victory grows out of harmony.

Thanks guys for the welcome.

My SE is TY, a bubbly guy....

Since agreement signed already then LL.

I guess different timings might have affected the deals.

Anyway, hoping the COE will maintain at this level at least till my allocation so that I can look forward to Jan-Mar...

Cheers

U r very patient as u can wait till 2013 for your ride. I simply can't do that. Last year, I just take whatever color is available inside their warehouse. And lucky I did that as my ride got the highest Coe of 2011.

Victoria Concordia Crescit

Translation: Victory grows out of harmony.

U r very patient as u can wait till 2013 for your ride. I simply can't do that. Last year, I just take whatever color is available inside their warehouse. And lucky I did that as my ride got the highest Coe of 2011.

Ya if i have to wait till nxt yr i will prolly wait till nxt yr n c if any new model will b out or c hw the coe goes

From now to jan is about 5 months wait. That is the same duration which I waited for my citroen c5 with sunroof. So it's not new to me. Anyway, prior to confirming on the Bclass, we saw VW tiguan and Honda CRV which were both at least 10k more expensive. So I thought why not...

From now to jan is about 5 months wait. That is the same duration which I waited for my citroen c5 with sunroof. So it's not new to me. Anyway, prior to confirming on the Bclass, we saw VW tiguan and Honda CRV which were both at least 10k more expensive. So I thought why not...

hmm... thought my 3mth wait is long already... you sure are a patient man, heh. I also went to look at the tiguan but with a lower omv and higher selling price, it's not too difficult to make the choice. especially with some interesting safety features that the B class has :)

I just test drove the B class a couple of days back, quite disappointed with all the noise generated, rough engine and wind noise at the door/window coming on at about 90km/hr. SE told me the C and E class are having the same level of noise generated, not sure how true is that.

Other than the noise, I'm quite happy with the build of the car, the equipment level, comfort, styling, etc

• Like 1

I will probably be looking at this B class when the facelift comes. That's when I may probably need the boot space for some outings with my kids.

Does this make me the most patient guy? Got to wait 4 years for the facelift.

• Like 1

hmm... thought my 3mth wait is long already... you sure are a patient man, heh. I also went to look at the tiguan but with a lower omv and higher selling price, it's not too difficult to make the choice. especially with some interesting safety features that the B class has :)

I just test drove the B class a couple of days back, quite disappointed with all the noise generated, rough engine and wind noise at the door/window coming on at about 90km/hr. SE told me the C and E class are having the same level of noise generated, not sure how true is that.

Other than the noise, I'm quite happy with the build of the car, the equipment level, comfort, styling, etc

Any suggestion to reduce the noise level?

Basically there's only two packages to choose from.

1) Chrome package

2) Sports package (Add 7k)

Can't really recall the differences except Sports packages comes with Genuine leather where as Chrone package comes with man made leather. Can't recall the term they use too, the front grille is different too. Chrome package uses 16/17" inch rims and Sports uses a 17/18" inch rims. Dash board feel is different too I think.

Don't recall anything anything else.

Not too sure if there's a price change as I booked it before the COE went down thinking it would go higher. Damn it! :)

Hi,

Does the sports package comes with the revserse camera for the pre-launch package?

Yes for the sport package it does.

If i m not mistaken, it does come with the camera

Thanks guys for the reply.

My SE offers me an unit of my choice colour that was booked during the pre launch. I think the previous buyer decides to give that unit up. However, he is unsure of the pre launch specs for the sports model and needs further confirmation. Therefore would like to confirm with the bros here whom had oked during the pre launch if it comes with the reverse camera.

The reverse cam that came with the sports package is integrated into the 'ipad' screen whereas those 'free' reverse cam that some SE throw in with the chrome package does not.

It'is a boxed screen fitted beside the rearview mirror. Hmm.. Dun understand why they do not or most probably, dare not wire it ipad (on screen display).

Any guys have test drove the new B already? I could feel that the car is somewhat unwilling to move off from a stop..even when Eco is turned off. Not sure if it's due to the turbo lag. Overseas forums also highlighted this problem as well.

Hi All,

I just test-drove the car this afternoon so thought that I can contribute some comments to this car. Prior to this, I have read several reviews from local and overseas postings about all the plus and minus and it was time to find out myself.

It is true that I do find the car "slow to move" off from stationary. You need to step on the accelerator quite a fair bit to get the lift off, at least more than my current Jap car.

I drove both on the highways and normal road. Engine noise can be quite readily heard but SE mentioned that it's actually the same as C and E class. In fact, he said that it is quieter than the old B. I have never test drove those cars so I can't say if he is right or wrong. Steering is responsive and on Sports mode, its actually quite powerful. Eco mode will be the one for me I guess. :) I felt that the side mirrors are small and views out from driver seat can be better. Wife who sat at the back told me that car is quite bumpy even though the car we test-drove was on 17-inch. In my opinion, I think it is not as bad as those overseas' review. Overall cabin noise is generally louder on highways. It does comes with reverse camera as standart equipment altough MB SGP website quoted a price for this additional feature. We also tested the Park Assist which was.....new and fun...but I rather park my car myself.

I will be collecting my B next weekend and will try to post again after I drove it for a while.

Thanks

• Like 1

Quick question, as I do drive into KL almost once or twice a month and my current ride has been smashed into once, I'm quite concern bout it happening again with my B-Class.

Any suggestion on which car alarm system would be best suited? Would be interested in those that will be triggered when someone is trying to smash either the side window or windscreen.

Thanks.