• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Topic abt all New Merc B-Class

Guest hkhamateur

Quick question, as I do drive into KL almost once or twice a month and my current ride has been smashed into once, I'm quite concern bout it happening again with my B-Class.

Any suggestion on which car alarm system would be best suited? Would be interested in those that will be triggered when someone is trying to smash either the side window or windscreen.

Thanks.

You can try looking for those in James bond movie many years ago... the lotus has a sticker telling the thief do not break glass.. high explosives.. the thief didn't listen and the car exploded upon impact.. best car alarm ever..

• Like 1

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

yes there is...but u gotta pay...imo nt worth it....n disappointing as other makes are making it as a standard

It's worth every cent to pay for a keyless go option, I did it for my C180. Priceless. It doesn't matter if other makes are giving, we are buying a Merc now and if it doesn't come standard, we pay to get it. Of course after kpkb CnC first la.

Hey there.

Not very good at writing reviews but here goes.

There's plenty of getting use to with the new B-class coming from a VW Polo.

1) Gear shift - Left hand not use of not doing anything. :)

2) Lights and viper auto - In this sense it makes driving long distance a bit boring specially on cruise mode of not doing anything except steering the car.

3) Trying to catch the HOLD button for the brake when the car is at full stop at traffic lights. Needs bit of adjustment of pressing the brake to get it to HOLD

4) Eco mode can be irritating at times when the car isn't cold enough when the engine switches off during idle, only the blower is on without any cool air.

As for the drive of the car, I love it. The power for me is good and stable though can be bit noisy on the highway at high speed. Passengers has no complains too. Very comfortable.

Petrol consumption isn't exactly good. I thought would have been better. It's only bout 10KM per litre. Hopefully this improve after running in the car more. Will update again on this.

The bluetooth connection to my Iphone works like a charm. Connects swiftly and automatically the moment I turn on the radio.

Overall I'm very impressed and happy with the car. Love the headlights and interior of the car. Well if there's any other questions and if I can answer, can always let me know.

Thanks.

Hey there.

Not very good at writing reviews but here goes.

There's plenty of getting use to with the new B-class coming from a VW Polo.

1) Gear shift - Left hand not use of not doing anything. :)

2) Lights and viper auto - In this sense it makes driving long distance a bit boring specially on cruise mode of not doing anything except steering the car.

3) Trying to catch the HOLD button for the brake when the car is at full stop at traffic lights. Needs bit of adjustment of pressing the brake to get it to HOLD

4) Eco mode can be irritating at times when the car isn't cold enough when the engine switches off during idle, only the blower is on without any cool air.

As for the drive of the car, I love it. The power for me is good and stable though can be bit noisy on the highway at high speed. Passengers has no complains too. Very comfortable.

Petrol consumption isn't exactly good. I thought would have been better. It's only bout 10KM per litre. Hopefully this improve after running in the car more. Will update again on this.

The bluetooth connection to my Iphone works like a charm. Connects swiftly and automatically the moment I turn on the radio.

Overall I'm very impressed and happy with the car. Love the headlights and interior of the car. Well if there's any other questions and if I can answer, can always let me know.

Thanks.

Thanks for the review. I am waiting to collect my car Dec/Jan 2012. Can I know if you have any paint protection? Did you do anything to reduce the road noise?

Thanks for the review. I am waiting to collect my car Dec/Jan 2012. Can I know if you have any paint protection? Did you do anything to reduce the road noise?

Yes. I got my paint protected in KL as I was there over the weekend. www.RegalValey.com.my

As for the noise, it's actually not all too bad and bearable. Plus I usually have my radio on. So it doesn't really bother me at all.

Is it

I also collected mine last week. Can hit 13km per litre based on 70% highway. Noisy at high speed on Highways.

Very smooth transmission, need time to adjust to slow start.

Otherwise, enjoying the ride totally.

Thanks for your review. Is it the engine or road noise?