• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Topic abt all New Merc B-Class

Guest hkhamateur

Hey there.

Not very good at writing reviews but here goes.

There's plenty of getting use to with the new B-class coming from a VW Polo.

1) Gear shift - Left hand not use of not doing anything. :)

2) Lights and viper auto - In this sense it makes driving long distance a bit boring specially on cruise mode of not doing anything except steering the car.

3) Trying to catch the HOLD button for the brake when the car is at full stop at traffic lights. Needs bit of adjustment of pressing the brake to get it to HOLD

4) Eco mode can be irritating at times when the car isn't cold enough when the engine switches off during idle, only the blower is on without any cool air.

As for the drive of the car, I love it. The power for me is good and stable though can be bit noisy on the highway at high speed. Passengers has no complains too. Very comfortable.

Petrol consumption isn't exactly good. I thought would have been better. It's only bout 10KM per litre. Hopefully this improve after running in the car more. Will update again on this.

The bluetooth connection to my Iphone works like a charm. Connects swiftly and automatically the moment I turn on the radio.

Overall I'm very impressed and happy with the car. Love the headlights and interior of the car. Well if there's any other questions and if I can answer, can always let me know.

Thanks.

hi,

Can you share what is the OMV of the new B class ?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi, what are the goodies that your SA managed to get for you??

mind to share? is the car price at 168,888?

Thanks

Think my OMV is only bout $26k

As for FC, not very good. Pumped 40 liters and I get bout 380KM only and I'm even pushing the car at all. Rarely above 3,000RPM.

Maybe there's a button a failed to press or something. :)

But heard others are a lot better though.

Collected the new B about a month ago. So far very satisfied. The Active Parking Assist is particularly fun and jaw-dropping.

Installed a throttle-response thingy two days ago, which simply made the car much more "driveable", especially, for me, having had two cars with manual gears prior to this new ride.

Main complaint from me is the pedal position - you must have short legs and long arms to enjoy the driving position. No matter how I adjust the seat, the pedals are just too close; I have pulled the chair farthest away and back upright but still found the pedals too near! The FC is also nothing to shout - far away from the specifications; about 11-12 km/l so far.

Hi, what are the goodies that your SA managed to get for you??

mind to share? is the car price at 168,888?

Thanks

Only managed to get a GPS from SA.

As for the car price, got it at $160,888/-

FC still a big disappointment even after running more than 5,000 KM, it's bout 9.9L/100KM

Still pretty far from Spec. Hopefully after first service it'll improve.

Oh, I was told that It has been 168,888 all the while, when u bought this? Thx

Only managed to get a GPS from SA.

As for the car price, got it at $160,888/-

FC still a big disappointment even after running more than 5,000 KM, it's bout 9.9L/100KM

Still pretty far from Spec. Hopefully after first service it'll improve.

It's pretty straight forward actually.

So long there's enough space (3 meters) , the arrow should automatically come out. Shift to Reverse, press OK and that's it.

Where else if you're parking on the right side of the road, you'll need to turn on your right indicator for it to work.

Hope that helps.

i would say the engine is quite rough....1.6L so dun expect much pwr.... i feel its nt as pwrful as the golf tsi 1.4.... other than tt it is nice...

Oh the music player i don't really like...have to scroll manually song by song....Golf jus gotta touch screen drag it down to the music i want...

i would say the engine is quite rough....1.6L so dun expect much pwr.... i feel its nt as pwrful as the golf tsi 1.4.... other than tt it is nice...

Oh the music player i don't really like...have to scroll manually song by song....Golf jus gotta touch screen drag it down to the music i want...

Don't buy also bought liao ...... love it la!

• 2 weeks later...