• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

How to improve SQ on Audio 20?

Guest vt5sport

If U turn down the brightness & contrast menu, U will see pitch dark but after U get out of the menu, U may not able to get into the menu again cos it's all dark.

I dimmed it to the lowest but allowing a little brightness.

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

wah long time no see your post unker!

Have been away! :)

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

I have decided to add the ms8 and also a JL sub. But do I need a amp to drive the sub? If so, can anyone recommend a suitable brand?

IMHO JL make good subs!

What amp to drive depends on the sub specs i.e single or double voice coil and the nominal impedance of the sub. Also depending on your budget too.

U will be better off using a Class D Monoblock amp to drive your sub.

Your MS 8 installer should have recommendations for amps to drive your sub usually depending what brands they carry, your budget or your own preference.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

dun worry bro, got credit card interest free instalment! LOL!

wah... dangerous! But, I seriously have yet to experience the MS8 setup. Which bro/sis has this setup with stock HU/speakers and nothing else?

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Has anyone consider using a Audison Bit one processor? It works more or less like MS 8 but might able to offer more i think.

I am wondering if it can be used to tune an active setup (for front) and at the same time for surround sound as well(for rear).

Like that can get best of both world. :rolleyes:

Will need to find out more with ICE expert.

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

Has anyone consider using a Audison Bit one processor? It works more or less like MS 8 but might able to offer more i think.

I am wondering if it can be used to tune an active setup (for front) and at the same time for surround sound as well(for rear).

Like that can get best of both world. :rolleyes:

Will need to find out more with ICE expert.

IMHO,

If U want a "true SQ setup" then forget about surround sound or even rear fill speakers.

A good 2 or 3 way active set up with a 12" sub or bigger, with time alignment capabilty.

Aud Bit One can be a good consideration if U are going to have an active set-up, adding amps and replacing your speakers.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

What is the wattage of the speakers for Audio 20? I was quoted $1180 for the JBL MS-8? Is this about right? I was advised that if my amp is 150 watts and stick MB speakers are 25 watts there may be a over power issue. Anyone can advise?

My original plan was to change the stock speakers to Helix (front & rear), rainbow amp and a helix sub. Now if the JBL can fdo the job without me changing speakers and removing door panels and rewiring all the better.

Much thanks.

What is the wattage of the speakers for Audio 20? I was quoted $1180 for the JBL MS-8? Is this about right? I was advised that if my amp is 150 watts and stick MB speakers are 25 watts there may be a over power issue. Anyone can advise?

My original plan was to change the stock speakers to Helix (front & rear), rainbow amp and a helix sub. Now if the JBL can fdo the job without me changing speakers and removing door panels and rewiring all the better.

Much thanks.

IMHO,

There're no issue with "over-powered amp" to "underpowered speakers - sensitivity of amp can always be adjusted.

Adding MS-8 to the Audio 20 is an improvement.

Adding your original plan i.e change the stock speakers to Helix (front & rear), rainbow amp and a helix sub with the additional MS-8 will be even better.

The MS-8 is designed with pre-outs for additional amps to drive your speakers and subs upgrade. :)

• Like 1

Cheers

IMHO,

If U want a "true SQ setup" then forget about surround sound or even rear fill speakers.

A good 2 or 3 way active set up with a 12" sub or bigger, with time alignment capabilty.

Aud Bit One can be a good consideration if U are going to have an active set-up, adding amps and replacing your speakers.

Finally almost completing my 2 way active ICE setup except now need to make some changes (to save space) and upgrade from 10" to a slim 12" free-air sub. A direct mount onto the rear dash panel.

Currently still running in the speakers and will need at a couple more fine tuning sessions.

Everyday driving now is even more enjoyable with a better SQ!

Am using Alpine H800 processor, both DLS and Ground Zero combo for amps and speakers. RCA and speakers using TCHERNOV Audio cables.

Basically 2 presettings done. One for "True SQ setup" and the other for turning on all front and rear speakers for "surround mode" for rear passengers.

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

Finally almost completing my 2 way active ICE setup except now need to make some changes (to save space) and upgrade from 10" to a slim 12" free-air sub. A direct mount onto the rear dash panel.

Currently still running in the speakers and will need at a couple more fine tuning sessions.

Everyday driving now is even more enjoyable with a better SQ!

Am using Alpine H800 processor, both DLS and Ground Zero combo for amps and speakers. RCA and speakers using TCHERNOV Audio cables.

Basically 2 presettings done. One for "True SQ setup" and the other for turning on all front and rear speakers for "surround mode" for rear passengers.

Congrats!

IMHO

H800 has time alignment capability for tuning!

12" sub will usually go lower in Hz than a 10" sub.

Cheers