• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

How to improve SQ on Audio 20?

Guest vt5sport

Next Sat maybe not possible cos I've made an appt with Ah Boon next week Sat to instal my MS-8 & Harmon Kardon sub. :)

Unker, how much Ah Boon charging you for the Harmon Kardon sub and amp?.... Done the MS-8 today, very worthy upgrade at this price point however, it made the lack of a sub very evident...

Met mvdennis at Upper Serangoon this afternoon, very nice guy. We had great exchanges, you really gotta know this guy to know how suay he is in his past 1.5 week with his new B Class.

The installer was very nice, patient and ensure installation was done in a professional level, having spent thousands before during my younger days, my friends have known me to do the craziest things for ICE. I have not touched it in the last 4 years and on my first attempt into it... I have to say, this MS-8 while it isn't the most fantastic digital processor, it has its worth at this price point!

Those who believed you had a sub previous was because your music was not "staged", with the MS-8 there is good staging and imaging and as a result the lack of a sub become evident. Not a problem if you are a instrumentalist or vocal listener. I do however like a bit of a bass especially with my music so I am finding it a bit lacking but with the price I am paying, I have the staging and imaging in front of me, something not achievable previously without spending a couple of thousands of dollars.

For guys who just can't stand stock, this is it!

Guest kepiting1sg
Next Sat maybe not possible cos I've made an appt with Ah Boon next week Sat to instal my MS-8 & Harmon Kardon sub. :)

Unker, how much Ah Boon charging you for the Harmon Kardon sub and amp?.... Done the MS-8 today, very worthy upgrade at this price point however, it made the lack of a sub very evident...

I bought the used ML HK sub from eBay for <$300 used.

It is installed out of site & doesn't take up boot space.

U should know better how much an 8" sub can only do. :)

I've a leftover 1 x 1200 WRMS @ 1 ohm Orion Amp.

Put away the temptation to put in a solid sub....kekeke!

Unker, you should know 8" sub is useless, 10" u dun get some sound, 12" is optimal if you can get a good SQ sub... with your monoblock, u can power more than a 12" dual voice coil man...

Guest mvdennis
Met mvdennis at Upper Serangoon this afternoon, very nice guy. We had great exchanges, you really gotta know this guy to know how suay he is in his past 1.5 week with his new B Class.

The installer was very nice, patient and ensure installation was done in a professional level, having spent thousands before during my younger days, my friends have known me to do the craziest things for ICE. I have not touched it in the last 4 years and on my first attempt into it... I have to say, this MS-8 while it isn't the most fantastic digital processor, it has its worth at this price point!

Those who believed you had a sub previous was because your music was not "staged", with the MS-8 there is good staging and imaging and as a result the lack of a sub become evident. Not a problem if you are a instrumentalist or vocal listener. I do however like a bit of a bass especially with my music so I am finding it a bit lacking but with the price I am paying, I have the staging and imaging in front of me, something not achievable previously without spending a couple of thousands of dollars.

For guys who just can't stand stock, this is it!

ya man .. talk about luck Lol!

anyway, great meeting you and your lovely ride. that's a damn complicated installation work man...

Guest kepiting1sg

Unker, you should know 8" sub is useless, 10" u dun get some sound, 12" is optimal if you can get a good SQ sub... with your monoblock, u can power more than a 12" dual voice coil man...

I once bought 1/2 dozens of IDMax subs - sold all of them.

If I put in a solid sub like a JLW7 or JLW6, wait the mid bass cannot catch up with it and 1 thing will lead to another.......stay away from temptations for the time being.....kekeke! :)

BTW Your MS-8 any "interference" your car bluetooth?

Guest mvdennis

BY ah,

actually ah come to think of it .... since i have my Orion Amp still with me and a clarion pre-amp, should i just go for the good old fashioned Amp+speakers setup or still go with the MS-8?

I listen mainly to jazz / vocals / oldies and classical. not much booming for me ... (occassionally of course la but not always)

BY ah,

actually ah come to think of it .... since i have my Orion Amp still with me and a clarion pre-amp, should i just go for the good old fashioned Amp+speakers setup or still go with the MS-8?

I listen mainly to jazz / vocals / oldies and classical. not much booming for me ... (occassionally of course la but not always)

You will probably end up spending more money with the old fashioned Amp + speakers set up.... the quality offered by MS-8 is really quite good already... in anyway with a DSP, it will sound better than one without.

Many misunderstood the sub to be for trunce etc... you forgot that even classical have drums.... and midbass is still lacking especially if properly staged under the MS-8... after 2 days of music on the MS-8 I am tempted to add a 12W6v2.... VERY VERY tempted by I do value unker's comment that it might be the entry to a bottomless pit....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Guest mvdennis
BY ah,

You will probably end up spending more money with the old fashioned Amp + speakers set up.... the quality offered by MS-8 is really quite good already... in anyway with a DSP, it will sound better than one without.

Many misunderstood the sub to be for trunce etc... you forgot that even classical have drums.... and midbass is still lacking especially if properly staged under the MS-8... after 2 days of music on the MS-8 I am tempted to add a 12W6v2.... VERY VERY tempted by I do value unker's comment that it might be the entry to a bottomless pit....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

is that the JL Audio sub you're talking about? i absolutely love JL audio stuff but not many people carry leh... damn ex also.

You and unker loaded la ... you both can go and play ... hahaahah

my small timer only ... ok will go for the MS-8 this weekend if i can get some appointments in the afternoon sorted. Damn sian man. so many things to do and next week need to send for servicing and get the car side skirt mended. Waste money.

Is that the JL Audio sub you're talking about? i absolutely love JL audio stuff but not many people carry leh... damn ex also.

You and unker loaded la ... you both can go and play ... hahaahah

my small timer only ... ok will go for the MS-8 this weekend if i can get some appointments in the afternoon sorted. Damn sian man. so many things to do and next week need to send for servicing and get the car side skirt mended. Waste money.

Not loaded, am a young banker, those who end up with no bonus type lol....

Yes, JL Audio, only sub I will use... I normally order from USA...

You can consider then maybe we can joint purchase again lol

Guest mvdennis

muahahaha we already joint bargain and gave him hell one time still not enough ah?

he charged you as mentioned on the sms right??

i really can't think of where to place the sub la ... any place in the car would be a little "thinge-teh" ... this sat when install the MS-8 that time then see where and how i can find space for a sub la.

where to get that rubber foam spray thing you said ah?

Guest kepiting1sg

12W6V2 or 12W7AE-3 :evil:

Cantonese saying Sum Si Si......SO LID SO LID.....Bass Hz chit liap chit liap.......kekekekeke!:P

Wait mid bass cannot catchup how????.....$$$$ nia......kakaka! :ohmy:

3dd20b2d4591c574a5e282e3f2bad1b6.jpg

x2_3dd20b2d4591c574a5e282e3f2bad1b6.jpg

12W6V2 or 12W7AE-3 :evil:

Cantonese saying Sum Si Si......SO LID SO LID.....Bass Hz chit liap chit liap.......kekekekeke!:P

Wait mid bass cannot catchup how????.....$$$$ nia......kakaka! :ohmy:

3dd20b2d4591c574a5e282e3f2bad1b6.jpg

Unker, the 12W7AE-3 is too much liao lah... 12W6V2 is ideal, probably the best SQ sub I had....

Guest kepiting1sg

Unker, the 12W7AE-3 is too much liao lah... 12W6V2 is ideal, probably the best SQ sub I had....

12W6V2 think no DVC 2ohm but DVC 4 ohm nia leh!

Wait run at 2 ohm load my store room Orion amp cannot hantam full 1 x 1200WRMS @ 1 ohm.

Recommended 1.25 ft3 sealed box....ummmm! :)

I am a little sum si si myself but still scare sekali 1 thing lead to another......kekekek!

Got kantow for good price or not??? :P

Guest kepiting1sg
I can ask for you' date=' u want 12W7AE-3 x 1?[/quote']

Talk only nia lah! boh lui lah! see whether I can afford the 12W6 or not.

Amp have but still need $$$ for sub, box & instals.

Still mulling about gaving out boot space for the sub box and amp.

Amp can install in tyre well (take out spare tyre and bring home for door stop):lol:

but recommended sealed box 18" x 14" x 12.75" (3/4" thick wood) = >52Litre of boot space less - quite big leh!:(

I can ask for you' date=' u want 12W7AE-3 x 1?[/quote']

Talk only nia lah! boh lui lah! see whether I can afford the 12W6 or not.

Amp have but still need $$$ for sub, box & instals.

Still mulling about gaving out boot space for the sub box and amp.

Amp can install in tyre well (take out spare tyre and bring home for door stop):lol:

but recommended sealed box 18" x 14" x 12.75" (3/4" thick wood) = >52Litre of boot space less - quite big leh!:(

You decide, then let me know... k?

Guest kepiting1sg
Join us wahahaha

find me job in your bank la ... then after 3 years will have the mulah to play with you both! LOL! :D

Dun forget about me leh!

May not qualify to be even a teller but I also wanna job!

Clerk can liao lah - white collar crime pays more mah!.....some even bought lambo and purposely crashed them to get attention.......kakaka! :lol: