• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

How to improve SQ on Audio 20?

Guest vt5sport

Guest mvdennis
Dear bros,

After reading the threads here, I installed JBL MS-8 & Infinity active sub @ Wee Heng, Serangoon. Wow, good lah, consider the value for $. My ride came with Audio 20 without comand. I want to thank brothers here who share their experiences & knowledges generously, saving the newbies like myself tremendous times & $ from taking the wrong routes.

Thumbs up to all!

Oh yes, the boss Mr Kwek is very friendly and helpful, so as his staff. The key installer, they call him "Lao Da". Cheers!

congrats mate!

Guest ODRBENZ

Hi bro, kindly PM me the $$ for MS 8:) cheers

Dear bros,

After reading the threads here, I installed JBL MS-8 & Infinity active sub @ Wee Heng, Serangoon. Wow, good lah, consider the value for $. My ride came with Audio 20 without comand. I want to thank brothers here who share their experiences & knowledges generously, saving the newbies like myself tremendous times & $ from taking the wrong routes.

Thumbs up to all!

Oh yes, the boss Mr Kwek is very friendly and helpful, so as his staff. The key installer, they call him "Lao Da". Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest EljayNg
Dear bros,

Thumbs up to all!

hi bro can pm me the price?

my current set up already has an amp and wirings from the amp.. what about these setups? must remove them for MS-8?

Guest kepiting1sg
Dear bros

my current set up already has an amp and wirings from the amp.. what about these setups? must remove them for MS-8?

IIRC the MS-8 is around $1200 inclusive of installation & tuning.

U can add in your amp/amps, sub/subwoofers, speakers if U want cos the MS-8 has plenty of Pre-outs.

Most of us quite happy not to spend much with adding the MS-8 to the existing Audio 20 & stock speakers!

Guest EljayNg
Dear bros

IIRC the MS-8 is around $1200 inclusive of installation & tuning.

U can add in your amp/amps, sub/subwoofers, speakers if U want cos the MS-8 has plenty of Pre-outs.

Most of us quite happy not to spend much with adding the MS-8 to the existing Audio 20 & stock speakers!

thanks bro. the problem is i have transferred my current set up from my old car to my c200

and not satisfied with the sound.. thought of trying ms8 out...

guess i will just add ms8 on to my current set up....

:)

Guest kepiting1sg

thanks bro. the problem is i have transferred my current set up from my old car to my c200

and not satisfied with the sound.. thought of trying ms8 out...

guess i will just add ms8 on to my current set up....

:)

IMHO

The MS-8 is a processor too and should be helpful to your current setup without a processor.

IIRC, It comes with a setup CD to generate I think test tones to be pick-up by a test mike that's included.

It will set up various sitting positions.

Driver, Front , Front, Rear & All.

The original Harmon Kardon comes with an additional centre speaker, a pair of rear surround speakers & a sub over the std Audio 20 system usually consisted of 4 front speakers (Door & A pillars) & 4 rear speakers (Rear Doors)

For my ride, I just added a Harmon Kardon sub for completeness but not the centre speaker & rear surround speakers.

For the driver sitting position setting, I would say the centre image is focused & centred, likewise the front stage width & height is "decent"

Tonality has to be much dependent on the speakers.

Off course this setup with the MS-8 cannot compare to a high end audio processor, HU, speakers/subs/amp system setup.

I could have added in a "solid sub" in a sealed box drive by a high power amp.

The bass can be counted chip liap chip liap but I lose boot space & afraid the stock speakers mid base cannot catchup with the sub.

Then it start to open another can of worms to add on more amps & speaker upgrade!

Very tired by then! :)

Bottom line, much better than stock!

My Hiam Beh Pye! :P

Guest EljayNg

thanks for your input.

u mean c200 has front and rear speakers? front located below the front windscreen and back located below the rear windscreen as well?

i only replaced speakers and tweeters at the four doors..

so it seems there are speakers elsewhere within the car...i need to check if the installers have deactivated them cos i cannot hear anything.... ;p

Guest benico
i've turned off logic-7 on the MS-8 to get a 'fuller' sound from all speakers ... the whole logic-7 setup is sometimes too 'crisp' for my liking. Lol!

Bro, something must give to compensate others... looks like its time for you to put in the amp and change the speakers :D

Bro, something must give to compensate others... looks like its time for you to put in the amp and change the speakers :D

new user name, new beginning!

no no no ... dun wanna go down that same path! basket if i wanted so, might as well started that way from the beginning right? :P

how's your sub? got your JL subs already?

• 3 weeks later...