• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

A-class 180, options?

Joeyjoe

Test drive before deciding. The A200 is a lot more money (mainly due to Coe category ) for marginally more power. A180 is not a particularly slow car. Try not to line the governments coffers....

that is true, if right now buy, only can afford A180 - realistic for me, family and budget - just need a safe reliable car to replace my old one, bring GF, family from point A to B. (also my childhood dream to own and drive a Benz )

the only thing i can "dream or hope" is the increase of number of COE in the coming weeks / months and also General Election ... dun quote me, but word on the street is that people want the CAT A COE to be below SGD $50K, CAT B & Open, let the market decide ... (aka cheong)

that is true, if right now buy, only can afford A180 - realistic for me, family and budget - just need a safe reliable car to replace my old one, bring GF, family from point A to B. (also my childhood dream to own and drive a Benz )

the only thing i can "dream or hope" is the increase of number of COE in the coming weeks / months and also General Election ... dun quote me, but word on the street is that people want the CAT A COE to be below SGD $50K, CAT B & Open, let the market decide ... (aka cheong)

Hmm.. How to have a lower cat A if it is determine by market demand and supply unless government come up with some restrictive measures on cat A (like income ceiling like HDB flats). Don't think they will intervene with market forces for COE, only possibility is some sort of rebates/subsidies outside of COE for cat A holder which I will doubt that they will do so...

Last evening, saw a mountain grey A180 at Raffles City B1 carpark -- very nice, a real beauty.

Also heard sales going very well for C&C past few weekends.

Will collect car later this month. Going with outside insurer that provides similar coverage to AIG but 40% cheaper.

Style or urban?

Anyone can confirm if a180 style is use the color instrumental display or black and white?

Oceanicmanta which insurance company u going with?

I think many getting their a180 this month!

I think it is using colour display... Can go to sgcarmart... A few used A180 style on sales. Can see the gallery from there.

Last evening, saw a mountain grey A180 at Raffles City B1 carpark -- very nice, a real beauty.

Also heard sales going very well for C&C past few weekends.

Will collect car later this month. Going with outside insurer that provides similar coverage to AIG but 40% cheaper.

any new buyer reading this, my best advice, take half day off / time off 1-2 hour go during a weekday instead ... 

dun go during weekend ... really jam pack

the SA attitude to me is very nice & professional, but can see super stressed, cos HP keep ringing, clients coming , etc ( i already book prior appointment)

cannot give full 100% attention per se (total conversation less than 30mins)

fortunately, i live very near to C&C, so i told the SA, i will drop by again during off-peak weekday, when less crowded to test drive and in the meantime, go do the maths (work out the best deal for me :-)

I couldnt tell Style or Urban ... dint linger that long.

I am deciding between China Taiping or AXA, both are 30-40% cheaper than AIG & also covers total loss (ie market value including COE).

Mountaingoat_gray - wondering how to ensure the new insurance is in force in time for road tax and coincide with the vehicle registration date ? Do you sign up earlier for the paperwork & ask AXA to change effective date ? Thanks

apparently got "special promo" for this week again ... do check with your SA for details

It's good marketing strategy to push sales now, lock in current sales prices (which is attractive, similar to CNY promo period), with COE expected to fall in following months & potential to earn higher margin. With that, maybe better chance to ask for sweeteners to close the deal.

It's good marketing strategy to push sales now, lock in current sales prices (which is attractive, similar to CNY promo period), with COE expected to fall in following months & potential to earn higher margin. With that, maybe better chance to ask for sweeteners to close the deal.

yeah man .... super geng , really wana pull trigger ....

Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend any workshop / brands of bodykit that offer this type of Black front grill? (you can PM me)

Can I just buy this Black Front Grill as stand-alone apply onto the Stock Bodykit of A180 ? - Roughly how much will this cost ?

j5Df5J9lSgKmc.jpg

or this (must be black, not white / chrome / silver type)

jfS6KYW2U9hmF.JPG

noob question ...

when on Manual mode & using the paddle gear shifter, do you need to release accelerator before changing to higher gear or just keep accelerator depressed & shift up ?

how to move back to lower gear ?

The year is 2015. Tech is not so backwards la. The ECU will automatically rev match when changing gear, no need to let go of accelerator. On downshifts it will blip the accelerator, especially in Sports mode and it sounds really cool. 

Left paddle for lower gear, right paddle for higher gear. If you don't press either for a while it goes back into auto mode.