• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

A-class 180, options?

Joeyjoe

For current owners

do u use the start-stop function?

or u switch off everytime you on the engine?

roughly how much will the start-stop function help you save fuel ? 

i cant remember , does the air con shut down at the junction - if you switch on the function ?

thanks!

For current owners

do u use the start-stop function?

or u switch off everytime you on the engine?

roughly how much will the start-stop function help you save fuel ?

i cant remember , does the air con shut down at the junction - if you switch on the function ?

thanks!

I will off it when starting off and on it when at traffic light I know is very long wait time.

Air con will be on battery mode so will be weaker when Eco mode.

hi guys,

a few questions

A180 stock tyre come in at 225 / 45 / 17

while other makes of similar hatchback does not come in so "wide tyre" ...

and 45 is rather sports / low profile ??? ...

is there any reason? give A180 / A_Class better handling / Grip?

or just look good only?

how is the actual review of the stock tyre on SG roads? any comments?

ji4cNZIvJ1X60.jpg

I'm on 225/40r18 eagle f1. Run flat noisy tyres but just use till its time to change to normal ones.

If can go 19" even better haha lots of grip and stylish just sans the power

Hi

this looks cool, does it come with the car that you when u bought or custom made/

if custom made / bought can please advice workshop and price ?

thanks for sharing

It's actually the default from the a250/a45, bought the original spare part and relaced my default chrome vents.

I'm on 225/40r18 eagle f1. Run flat noisy tyres but just use till its time to change to normal ones.

If can go 19" even better haha lots of grip and stylish just sans the power

It's actually the default from the a250/a45, bought the original spare part and relaced my default chrome vents.

hi,

thanks for your reply, it looks cool with red - more "fierce" - can ask where to buy the air con vents? - which workshop or from C&C

roughly how much? will the workshop install for me?

hi,

thanks for your reply, it looks cool with red - more "fierce" - can ask where to buy the air con vents? - which workshop or from C&C

roughly how much? will the workshop install for me?

Can order from stockist with part number and most forum sponsor ws would know how to change or can always go benz**** to buy and install prob about 500 for all 5 pieces

I will off it when starting off and on it when at traffic light I know is very long wait time.

Air con will be on battery mode so will be weaker when Eco mode.

I use it most of the time. If you light press the brake, it won't kill the engine. Moderate press will kill the engine but not engage Hold. Hard press will kill the engine and engage hold.

Must be good at timing the traffic lights though and let go of brake before it turns green. Or you'll find yourself moving off very slowly. If only we had amber before it turns green like in other countries...

Air con compressor doesn't work when engine is off. Annoys passengers on a hot day.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/bigger-coe-supply-from-next-month-183-monthly-increase-in-quota-for-car-buyers

SINGAPORE - As widely expected, there will be more certificates of entitlement (COE) up for grabs in the next three-month quota period starting August.

The Land Transport Authority announced Monday that there will be 7,281 COEs per month for the period - 9.7 per cent more than the current quota season.

Car buyers and sellers will get the lion's share of the increase.

The number of car COEs - including Open certificates - will rise by 18.3 per cent to 6,207 per month.

The main beneficiaries however, are likely to be those going for bigger cars.

That is because the number of Open COEs - which can be used for any vehicle type but ends up mainly for bigger cars - will post the biggest increase.

The category will grow by 34 per cent to 722 certificates per month.

Motor traders expect subsequent quotas to continue expanding, up to late-2017 or so. Hence premiums should continue to slide.

Was just thinking... Even if it slide, what is the anticipated slide over time to a stablished range? 2k-3k, 5k-10k or more than 10k? Will it come to the range of 40s, 50s or even lower? If COE prices falls to a certain range, will it attract non-car owners and people who are initially not interested in buying a car into the market? If this occurs, how big is the pool? Will this in turn push prices up again for the same pool of the existing and increasing pool of car owners who are de-registering their vehicles?

Back to the basic questions; When is the best time to buy? How will I know if this is the lowest price to go into the market? Should I wait for 3 mths, 6 mths, 9 mths but in the end, only end up and enjoy a price drop of 2k-3k. And this will in turn lead back to questions of can I wait? Is a car a need or a luxury? Too many open questions to answer individually coupled with the the external running factor of the release of new COE quota information only in every 3 months period.

And to the current and to be owners who have chosen the "A" class style version (including myself) due to reason relating to budgeting. The current pricing of the urban version is the price of style version a few months back.... Who will know in a few months time, with the same price, you might even be able to get a CLA.

Was just thinking... Even if it slide, what is the anticipated slide over time to a stablished range? 2k-3k, 5k-10k or more than 10k? Will it come to the range of 40s, 50s or even lower? If COE prices falls to a certain range, will it attract non-car owners and people who are initially not interested in buying a car into the market? If this occurs, how big is the pool? Will this in turn push prices up again for the same pool of the existing and increasing pool of car owners who are de-registering their vehicles?

Back to the basic questions; When is the best time to buy? How will I know if this is the lowest price to go into the market? Should I wait for 3 mths, 6 mths, 9 mths but in the end, only end up and enjoy a price drop of 2k-3k. And this will in turn lead back to questions of can I wait? Is a car a need or a luxury? Too many open questions to answer individually coupled with the the external running factor of the release of new COE quota information only in every 3 months period.

And to the current and to be owners who have chosen the "A" class style version (including myself) due to reason relating to budgeting. The current pricing of the urban version is the price of style version a few months back.... Who will know in a few months time, with the same price, you might even be able to get a CLA.

Bro, why think so much? You will never ever know what's the lowest COE price it can go until. Rule of thumb is to buy when COE is going downwards, in that way it is more likely the AD will secure the COE for you faster and you can get your car also. You also need to think how much are you able to afford in terms of monthly loan. That should be the important consideration in terms of personal finances. If you can't afford a $1.8k loan monthly for a Mercedes, please don't consider going in with car prices at $135k now, then you may wish to wait till COE drop until 40 odd k for Cat A.

Honestly lah, 2k to 3k differential doesn't make much of a difference since you are already paying $130k for a car. Only penny wise pound foolish people bother about that difference then end up being very indecisive and unanswered questions like "should I wait or not?" or "what if" etc etc. It never ends. Moreover, Mercedes maintenance is on a different level compared to japanese cars. If one bothers about that COE difference, I suspect this person will grumble at the future maintenance costs of the car. 

Also, COE quota has increased no doubt but it only means that each bidding exercise will have about a hundred odd more which doesn't really have much of a significant impact for COE to drop so much, probably a small amount not worth thinking about. Though of course we will never know COE prices how it will go. 

Thanks bro for the comments... Just sharing of thoughts for discussion for those who are on the evaluation stage of purchase now. I have passed the stage and thus, will not and perhaps could not be looking back as my decision at that time was based on factors available during my decision making process. As mentioned, buy when you are ready is the best answer and stay on with your choice with no regrets. What is lingering in my mind now is waiting for 3 months for the arrival has turned enthusiasm and excitement from super high level to a lower level down the scale with the distraction of news of anticipated lower COE and new facelift coming into the picture while you are still patiently awaiting for the arrival of your ride. Human nature perhaps... Cheers!

Perhaps cause the deal on A class isn't the most attractive deal and no ready stock hence the feeling. I was waiting as well wondering what the Coe would be and excitement turned to sian when saw my car. Expectation out of control.

Say if u gotten a ready 316 with 30k over trade making it a 140/50k car and delivery within a month. Prob different story already

There is no perfect time to buy a car here in this sunny island. If your budget allows it, go ahead, you only live once.

Once you have bought your car, enjoy it rather than worrying if COE would goes up or down, how much you have loss...etc.

Car ownership here is losing money once the deal is signed. 

I also bought and waiting.

Kept myself busy how to zhng the Car and accessories and detailing.

I try to stay away from coe news.

Really long wait. Haiz

that is what i am doing now as well! ... looking at which ICE SHOP to go try /

if you have any good lobang about car accessories & detailing ... please share!

cheers!

Booked liao, then can't complain much.

At most speculate if COE does really nose dive below the COE rebate price set during the booking, then can take back some money, else don't bother much.

By the way, anyone can advise how this rebate works?

e.g. COE at booking time is $60k, COE rebate set at $48k, COE secured at $47k, what is the rebate?

$60k - $47k?

Booked liao, then can't complain much.

At most speculate if COE does really nose dive below the COE rebate price set during the booking, then can take back some money, else don't bother much.

By the way, anyone can advise how this rebate works?

e.g. COE at booking time is $60k, COE rebate set at $48k, COE secured at $47k, what is the rebate?

$60k - $47k?

$1k

that is what i am doing now as well! ... looking at which ICE SHOP to go try /

if you have any good lobang about car accessories & detailing ... please share!

cheers!

Sure.

Not an ICE person. Just listen to radio.

Looking for some trimmings or red a.c. vents to spruce up the interior.

Considering the diamond grille. Finds it very nice on A250. Donno suit the A180style or not.

is it a good idea to get the a180 style and change the LED headlamp and taillight outside, also maybe the twin exhaust pipes or better to just pay $9k more for the urban version? And will the after market upgrade be legal and pass vehicle inspection? Since there's available options of LED headlamps and twin exhaust, most probably ok right?

I prefer the rims and interior of the style, also the comfort suspension, but really disappointed with the choice of Halogen headlamps. It's 2015 already!! My 9yrs old family car odyssey already has HID headlamps!!

After changing a few things such as red air vent, diamond grill, Amg rims etc etc. The amount spent and if want original parts and don't mind long waiting time then force cnc to do everything with all options that u want. Factory fitted and higher omv

I'm getting my friend who is in the business to help me get red air con vents & red Brembo brake covers.

Toying over the diamond grille, which he also has lobang.

For ICE, will transfer my amps over from my current car.

Not sure whether my full set of Pivot Voltage Stablizers can fit the A180, so gonna leave them in when trade-in to Republic Auto. A bit wasted though, as I also have 6-points silver grounding & Pivot Spark Earth

is it a good idea to get the a180 style and change the LED headlamp and taillight outside, also maybe the twin exhaust pipes or better to just pay $9k more for the urban version? And will the after market upgrade be legal and pass vehicle inspection? Since there's available options of LED headlamps and twin exhaust, most probably ok right?

I prefer the rims and interior of the style, also the comfort suspension, but really disappointed with the choice of Halogen headlamps. It's 2015 already!! My 9yrs old family car odyssey already has HID headlamps!!

For me my decision making heuristic is very straightforward. 9K. It's almost 3 weeks of my salary.

Am I willing to toil for 3 weeks - and dedicate 3 weeks of my working life - just to be able to make my car look slightly brighter, and look slightly more sporty? 

Definitely not. 

Of course if I were to earn more then maybe not la. But that's a very practical guide as to how one can decide whether to spend money or not...