• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

A-class 180, options?

Joeyjoe

Also for those who have yet to choose the colour, keep in mind that Mountain Gray is by far the most common colour on the roads, not just on the A but also B and CLA....

If you like gray then it's fine. It's iconic. It looks great. But if you don't want a common colour, then it's not the colour to get.

I'm sure for most if it's just 3 weeks salary they would gladly pay for the extra comfort and likes.

Practical would be getting a low premium car and not really a180 right? Sometime like altis which has 10% premium and if coe crashes you can scrape and get a new one with just coe and scrape value alone.

Sure.

Not an ICE person. Just listen to radio.

Looking for some trimmings or red a.c. vents to spruce up the interior.

Considering the diamond grille. Finds it very nice on A250. Donno suit the A180style or not.

cool bro

do keep us posted on the Diamond Grille, i posted two pics about the black / matte type of grille

but no news / dun know where to buy 

if anyone know, please share / PM me the contacts

cheers!

is it a good idea to get the a180 style and change the LED headlamp and taillight outside, also maybe the twin exhaust pipes or better to just pay $9k more for the urban version? And will the after market upgrade be legal and pass vehicle inspection? Since there's available options of LED headlamps and twin exhaust, most probably ok right?

I prefer the rims and interior of the style, also the comfort suspension, but really disappointed with the choice of Halogen headlamps. It's 2015 already!! My 9yrs old family car odyssey already has HID headlamps!!

hi

my SA commented will void warranty if change the headlights unit ...

i thought about it as well, remove the stock A180 backside , and get a bodykit to show the exhaust, but not sure if void warranty... any bros can comment?

dun like the stock Halogen lights? can change philip lights - any better ? that wont void warranty ya?

hi guys,

just sharing a chart which i drew during lunch break ... 

although the market is "being controlled" but it will provide some reference points for those who are interested

Source: Bloomberg

RSI - 38% (not oversold region, so more downside is very possible)

ibl6O2ok8ByZ6E.gif

For me my decision making heuristic is very straightforward. 9K. It's almost 3 weeks of my salary.

Am I willing to toil for 3 weeks - and dedicate 3 weeks of my working life - just to be able to make my car look slightly brighter, and look slightly more sporty?

Definitely not.

Of course if I were to earn more then maybe not la. But that's a very practical guide as to how one can decide whether to spend money or not...

I guess it all go down to individual.... If u are a car enthusiast... Guess it is natural that u will do enhancements to your ride as this is part of your interest ... But to those who chose the ride for reasons of practicality and reliability... A base car will more than be sufficient...

I'm getting my friend who is in the business to help me get red air con vents & red Brembo brake covers.

Toying over the diamond grille, which he also has lobang.

For ICE, will transfer my amps over from my current car.

Not sure whether my full set of Pivot Voltage Stablizers can fit the A180, so gonna leave them in when trade-in to Republic Auto. A bit wasted though, as I also have 6-points silver grounding & Pivot Spark Earth

Bro, ur friend got stick for more red vents covers? :)

To those who will be collecting their ride in Jul/Aug.. Anyone have any latest update on shipment arrival? The last time i checked with the SA, answer was most probably Aug..... Thou not really superstitious, but will prefer it will not be crossing over to the next chinese calender month...

• Like 1

I ordered in Mar for jul/aug delivery, will prob be collecting car soon. SE told me car arrived SG already and I made the balance payment.

Is there a checklist to see what to look out for when collecting new car? Any pros here on collecting new cars?? Hahaha.. Maybe there's a sticky thread? Like what to check on the exterior and what to check in the interior?

• Like 1

Hello all, do your car for any abnormalities after sending in for.service or grooming.

send in mine for nano sealant and air con filter change yesterday, car was returned to me with a large patch of fluid on driver seat.

since mine is part fabric and part leather, it could not be removed and see and see needs to.indent one from germany which will takes 2mths.

Hello all, do your car for any abnormalities after sending in for.service or grooming.

send in mine for nano sealant and air con filter change yesterday, car was returned to me with a large patch of fluid on driver seat.

since mine is part fabric and part leather, it could not be removed and see and see needs to.indent one from germany which will takes 2mths.

how old is your ride? if more than 1 yr plus, why not/ u get free upgrade / replacement ...

to get full leather - really must complain all the way up .. but i doubt they will entertain you 

unless u post pics here, all the major local forumn, then see if management want to damage control ...

your call

Here is the picture.

I really have no intention to push for full leather replacement as its not my nature to take advantage of this situation.

All I need is someone in MBC to have integrity and honesty to at least inform me before handing the car over to me and hope that I did not discover it.

Even though is a new upholstery, I still need to take leave or worst, tell my boss that I need to fly back for this replacement.post-6007-0-23741000-1437130659_thumb.jpg

Hi guys,

esp those with baby / young kids, can the back boot fit a normal size baby trolley? or must fold up and put at the space between the backseat instead?

thanks!

Can fit standard umbrella style folding stroller no issues. Just that if you want to do grocery shopping probably cannot buy a whole weeks worth

Hi guys,

esp those with baby / young kids, can the back boot fit a normal size baby trolley? or must fold up and put at the space between the backseat instead?

thanks!

I took my toddler's Combi pram to the showroom to test the dimension of the boot, couldn't fit in

Wife said just get another smaller pram when we collect the car...

We change car, boy also change car :-p