• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

A-class 180, options?

Joeyjoe

Spc98

Wha rotten egg smell? I don't pump 95 due to vw experience of 95 can cause piston misfire, engine blah blah this n that problem.

Not sure if I read in this forum but some say 95 the Merc will pop up some warning msg?

With recirc off I get a brief whiff of smoky rotten eggs when I accelerate hard. Officially 95 is OK. But with high compression ratio turbo engine i'm not sure if 98 is better. 98 so expensive these days!

I found the thread about the VIN (vehicle identification number), it's in the 'New A180' thread. But guess no one manage to get it from the SE and track their shipping. Lol

Anyone here got the dashcam freebie from MB? What brand is it and how does it look like? anyone has a pic of it? I didn't pick the dashcam freebie but I'm thinking if I should as It will be installed "properly" when I get the car as I want the wiring to be hidden and connected directly into th dashboard.

Dashcam is Logon JS400 http://www.log-on.co.kr/JS400N.php. It's not as good as a Blackvue but does the job. Supposedly you can put in a data sim card inside, and it will email you the video if a crash is detected! It comes with a GPS module but it's not working for me. 

I think they have both the front and back or just the front one. The JS400 is the front and back one? Anyone know which model is it for just the front one? Is it normal to have the big black box like the JS400? My current one doesn't have it. So is it recommended to get the one MB offer and let them install for u or better to get it done outside? My thinking is that if u get from MB together with the car, anything wrong at least u can look for them?

Anyway just curious, how many of u think dashcam is a must have and how many think it's unnecessary ?

Js400 is front and rear. If I were you I'd just get a Blackvue fitted. Just go for the tried and tested

Am also looking to install dash cam on my coming ride... Currently looking at blackvue or thinkware... Any workshop familiar with installation on the A class to hide the wiring ... Guess in order not to have issue on car warranty .. Can only operate the dash cam via the external 12V socket? Have not driven a hatchback before, where will the back cam be placed?

Agreed on option of doing the installation of the JS400 throu C&C to prevent warranty issue , where will the main body box be placed? Was not told of this option and how much does it costs? Can this be order when going down for the final payment and installed when collecting the car?

Using thinkware front n rear cam connect to main batt. It will auto cut off if fall below certain voltage. Went into cnc once due to battery voltage low as the cam hanged, cnc tried to blame the cam saying it's not by them but due to "good will" as vehicle new and under warranty they waive

I'm not sure if it will void, but I doubt it will. But my concern is going outside to install where have to insert the wire through the dashboard? Or how do they hide the wire? Must it come with the big box? My current one just a wire to the 12V outlet without any box.

I read blackvue has fogging issue? I don't need it to be top of the line dashcam, as long as it serves it's purpose and looks sleek.

Anyone can confirm if JS400 is the only model or there's another model with just the front cam ?

I'm not sure if it will void, but I doubt it will. But my concern is going outside to install where have to insert the wire through the dashboard? Or how do they hide the wire? Must it come with the big box? My current one just a wire to the 12V outlet without any box.

I read blackvue has fogging issue? I don't need it to be top of the line dashcam, as long as it serves it's purpose and looks sleek.

Anyone can confirm if JS400 is the only model or there's another model with just the front cam ?

Back when i did my own blackvue for my W169 i routed the wire from rear passenger 12V to under the floor mats, then I pulled out the A pillar trim and routed the wire beneath the A pillar trim, then inside the passenger sun visor and to the camera

• Like 1

thats why I'm trying to find out the 'import registration number' which can be use to check online when ur vehicle exactly enters SG port. But I can't find the thread anymore.. Think it was in one of the CLA thread or something ..

I got the Chasis Number (aka VIN) from SE ... so where shld I go to check expected arrival online ?

Hi, just curious. Do C&C tag the chassis no. to individual committed order? If there are 2 vehicles of the same models with same specs and colours arriving in the same shipment, will the 2 vehicles be already allocated to the respective orders during manufacture or will this only be allocated to the respective buyers upon car registration?

Congrats on your new car! Btw I saw the discussion on JS400 car cam. Recently I fixed my car with the JS400 car cam thru c&c even though it's a CLA, it shd be similar. Made some enquiries with outside vendors on black vue beg installing via c&c. They were nice enough to warn me of C&C voiding warranty due to the connection and use of non- C&C registered cam installation. SE also mentioned the same thing when asked. Unless u don't mind using the 12V adaptor with wires dangling around, then warranty is not affected. The JS400 is a slick small cam, much smaller than black vue. When I asked about parking cam, C&c don't encourage parking cam as it may cause problems to the car batt when the car is park. They don't install separate batt pack for the car cam.

Thanks for the link .. very informative.

My record shows "Delivery Date 20 Apr 2015" but does not show the manufacture date though ... where can I see that ?

Sorry, just remembered that it doesn't show actual manufacturing date. This delivery date is about 1-2 weeks after manufacture date for me. In your case you should get your car in a month max.

Sorry, just remembered that it doesn't show actual manufacturing date. This delivery date is about 1-2 weeks after manufacture date for me. In your case you should get your car in a month max.

Still unclear ... so does "Delivery Date" in the VIN record mean the date which the vehicle got onto the container ship ? 

Cannot imagine it takes so long (2 months +) to reach Asia.

Congrats on your new car! Btw I saw the discussion on JS400 car cam. Recently I fixed my car with the JS400 car cam thru c&c even though it's a CLA, it shd be similar. Made some enquiries with outside vendors on black vue beg installing via c&c. They were nice enough to warn me of C&C voiding warranty due to the connection and use of non- C&C registered cam installation. SE also mentioned the same thing when asked. Unless u don't mind using the 12V adaptor with wires dangling around, then warranty is not affected. The JS400 is a slick small cam, much smaller than black vue. When I asked about parking cam, C&c don't encourage parking cam as it may cause problems to the car batt when the car is park. They don't install separate batt pack for the car cam.

Hi bro, so u install the front and back camera but without the parking mode (connecting to the 12v outlet)?. How much does C&C charge in total with installation?

Just curious how many about A class and in what colour have u all seen around even though cnc got constant buyer.

On a site note just recently saw someone on the road with same car colour as me who either bought later than me with same taste or cnc bluff as I chose a colour that had cnc had not sold before based on sales/inventory record

• Like 1

Still unclear ... so does "Delivery Date" in the VIN record mean the date which the vehicle got onto the container ship ? 

Cannot imagine it takes so long (2 months +) to reach Asia.

I dunno the specifics. But as a customer I have already told you all I know about the dates. Best to just wait patiently, quite sure they want to deliver to you asap too.