• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

A-class 180, options?

Joeyjoe

Have you tried the reset ecu trick? After I did mine the car now behaves like a diff beast. Shifts up and down when needs to. No more hunting gears

hi,

what is this about? can explain ?

thanks!

heidtb - reset ECU done by CC ? will have to keep that in mind ... hurtling downhill at 70kmh on free gear is not something I want to experience

rick - I think default overtrade offer is $4k if getting A180, then anything above Manager's approval needed. Maybe you can tell them you definitely dont want loan, then see what they offer to entice you to get the loan. Then say definitely dont want insurance, then see what else they offer (if not offered already). CC took my car's paper value as it is, without further evaluation ... but not sure if its bcos it is currently a mercs. For my case, others I have enquired only prepared to offer paper value so CC's offer was the best with the overtrade.

Heard Brunei Motoring lowered prices already. If can tahan, maybe hold out another week to see if they really run special promo 

thank u bro for your comments,

good little trick u shared .... 

Any bro can remember if C&C have prior National Day Promo or you think will have SG50 promo?

i would suggest that you check your car residual value at one motoring for a base then compared to the value at sgcarmart.

when i was asking around for trade in value for my c30, all if the 3 dealers sharpen their knife sharp sharp, maybe because it has only 2 doors.

so at see and see, i laid my trade in price and nego from there, eventually get 2k lower.

in summary, all of them did not look for what other add ons that i had in my car.

hope this help.

Hi Raider,

can ask, so it is true that having a 2 hatchback will affect price? cos they have say less resale? - so four door hatchback wont be affected ya?

do you think the brand Volvo will affect the price as well - aka not as "valuable" ?

so for my next rider A180, i think i will go easy on the ICE & Tyre/RIMs - dun wana overspend again

thanks!

Hi Raider,

can ask, so it is true that having a 2 hatchback will affect price? cos they have say less resale? - so four door hatchback wont be affected ya?

do you think the brand Volvo will affect the price as well - aka not as "valuable" ?

so for my next rider A180, i think i will go easy on the ICE & Tyre/RIMs - dun wana overspend again

thanks!

According to the 3 dealers that I went to, yes 2 door +Volvo are not really seen to hold their value as well as their 4 door counterpart.

Reason being the 2 door coupe are generally view as "lifestyle" car.

Would suggest that you keep your spare $$ for rainy day. My rim/tyres are stock from day 1, though a little uncomfortable but could live with it.

As for ICE, the stock set seems ok to me. 

going to try out the settings recommended by one of the owners this weekend.

The ecu trick is in one of the other threads which can be searched in this forum.

It will help reset any "gearbox" learning to factory default. However, this factory default feels different from when I took my new car. Wonder if it's due to the pre-run and the gearbox took on a sluggy profile in at the factory that happens these days

On the side note of resale value and hatches no value, it applies only if u sell your car without buying a new one Or if u go sideways for next purchase also sure suffer "low" or "no" value again

But if you decide to buy a new more valuable car like a 316 or c class which one of my friend did. His left a few mths 8k 2 door car suddenly became 30k trade in. .

The ecu trick is in one of the other threads which can be searched in this forum.

It will help reset any "gearbox" learning to factory default. However, this factory default feels different from when I took my new car. Wonder if it's due to the pre-run and the gearbox took on a sluggy profile in at the factory that happens these days

On the side note of resale value and hatches no value, it applies only if u sell your car without buying a new one Or if u go sideways for next purchase also sure suffer "low" or "no" value again

But if you decide to buy a new more valuable car like a 316 or c class which one of my friend did. His left a few mths 8k 2 door car suddenly became 30k trade in. .

Heard abt the big difference in trade-in from 1 of my friends, didn't believe it at first.

9yr+ Jazz offered $10k at Borneo become $50k at BM, when he went for the 316...

So my $6k over trade for my 8yr Terios not that much to shout abt :P

It will help reset any "gearbox" learning to factory default. However, this factory default feels different from when I took my new car. Wonder if it's due to the pre-run and the gearbox took on a sluggy profile in at the factory that happens these days. .

Sounds like a "gentle" run-in will cause the ECU to adapt to a sluggish response? Maybe that's why some people say just drive the engine harder initially, then maybe the ECU will be tuned to racing mode Lol. Burns petrol too.

Sounds like a "gentle" run-in will cause the ECU to adapt to a sluggish response? Maybe that's why some people say just drive the engine harder initially, then maybe the ECU will be tuned to racing mode Lol. Burns petrol too.

My wife will be the main driver for our new A180, so I'm gonna tell her 'No need to be gentle, just step as hard as you like!"

This new car confirm gonna consume less petrol than the 4WD Terios, which is now doing 9-10km/l, as opposed to the rated FC of > 15km/l  for the A180-Style  :)

My wife will be the main driver for our new A180, so I'm gonna tell her 'No need to be gentle, just step as hard as you like!"

This new car confirm gonna consume less petrol than the 4WD Terios, which is now doing 9-10km/l, as opposed to the rated FC of > 15km/l for the A180-Style :)

Depends on driving City or highway. If more city then FC also will be 10km.

Hellzo Friends

Latest Pricing Out liao ... got reflect the drop in COE  .. keep fingers cross if drop another 2-3 rounds ...

A200 may not be too bad .... hehe

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_pricing.php?CarCode=11306

does anyone know the reason why A180 price is not the lowest in 6 month, while A200 & A250 is showing the lowest price right now

ie C&C offering special promo for A200 & A250 ar ???

Those all r listed price. If go down to showroom and get those indented stock lowest that a180 should be about 130k if bargaining good.

ps - some poison for the fellow A class drivers

Will those red rings around the air con vents light up when on the headlights?

Looks good!

Those all r listed price. If go down to showroom and get those indented stock lowest that a180 should be about 130k if bargaining good.

ps - some poison for the fellow A class drivers

Hi

this looks cool, does it come with the car that you when u bought or custom made/

if custom made / bought can please advice workshop and price ? 

thanks for sharing

hi guys,

a few questions

A180 stock tyre come in at 225 / 45 / 17

while other makes of similar hatchback does not come in so "wide tyre" ... 

and 45 is rather sports / low profile ??? ...

is there any reason? give A180 / A_Class better handling / Grip?

or just look good only?

how is the actual review of the stock tyre on SG roads? any comments?

ji4cNZIvJ1X60.jpg