• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

A-class 180, options?

Joeyjoe

haha ... wrong person to ask I guess.

I bought primarily for reliability. Besides, also have no budget for other bells, whistles & upgrades.

That said, whatever you are happy with I am sure will be good.

By the way, the advertised price of "from $136,888" for the A class in this week's ST seems like a good deal !

the $136,888 could be with trade-in?

event.png

haha ... wrong person to ask I guess.

I bought primarily for reliability. Besides, also have no budget for other bells, whistles & upgrades.

That said, whatever you are happy with I am sure will be good.

By the way, the advertised price of "from $136,888" for the A class in this week's ST seems like a good deal !

Same here.... Selected the A180 style over the VW golf eqp (almost same pricing) due to concern of reliability on the dsg and by doing so, foregoing bi-xenon, sunroof. Did not want to further stretch my budget further, thus selected the style over the urban (9k although not really high as compared to the base price of the car but it can cover the road tax for the entire 10 years). Also have some concern on the sport suspension on the urban version as review mentioned that it is pretty hard. Although I really favor the bi-xenon. But it is a trade-off. May be after the warranty. But if you have a bigger budget, should go straight to the A250, save the hassle of the add on of the non-standard items.

Same here.... Selected the A180 style over the VW golf eqp (almost same pricing) due to concern of reliability on the dsg and by doing so, foregoing bi-xenon, sunroof. Did not want to further stretch my budget further, thus selected the style over the urban (9k although not really high as compared to the base price of the car but it can cover the road tax for the entire 10 years). Also have some concern on the sport suspension on the urban version as review mentioned that it is pretty hard. Although I really favor the bi-xenon. But it is a trade-off. May be after the warranty. But if you have a bigger budget, should go straight to the A250, save the hassle of the add on of the non-standard items.

Different people have different priorities in life.

But the way I see it, 9K can buy you happiness in other ways. Bring your family to Europe instead. Or take the chance to go on an extra couple weeks of no pay leave. 

Quite obviously we buy the A class because we don't have large motoring budgets. 9K is a lot. Spend it wisely.

• Like 2

with the launch of the new face-lift just 1-2 days in UK, min how much time you think when the new models will our shores? 6 months ?

how soon can we expect clearance sales from current models ? - do u expect much discount ???

how soon can we expect clearance sales from current models ? - do u expect much discount ???

Based on recent experience & long delivery times, it seems C&C only order in A-class on confirmed orders which means unlikely they keep any stock in SG ... so no stock means nothing to clear ? maybe left demo units or hope for last minute cancellation ? 

Based on recent experience & long delivery times, it seems C&C only order in A-class on confirmed orders which means unlikely they keep any stock in SG ... so no stock means nothing to clear ? maybe left demo units or hope for last minute cancellation ? 

yalo... delivery time so long...

think seldom got last minute cancellation.

event.png

thanks for your comments, i am very keen on the A180 style or even A200 style, as my current ride is running out of COE, and the current promotion price is really very attractive ... but if C&C dun keep stocks , hard to get clearance sales .... unless u buy over showroom or test car (not keen)

if i take about 50K loan over 5 years, any realistic freebies i can expect from Sales Agent ? I will trade in my old car about $30-35K (rough market estimate).

please PM me if you have any SE to recommend as well

thanks!

For A180, I think the standard would be :

- with loan - $3k service credit (barely enuf for first 3yrs servicing at current prices), huber optik film, floormat, dent removal, reverse cam (local fit), some car essential plus package (not sure what that is now)

- overtrade of 4k to 7k for old car

- any other freebies that you ask ... "can pay using service credits" would be the response ... hahaha

Rick & Asteroid can start sharing notes

So do u guys think dashcam is necessary to have for driving in SG?

After seeing the recent anger mis-managment case of the driver hitting the car bonnet and ripping the car wiper... I think the importance of the dash cam (in fact with the parking cam function) is even more critical.

For A180, I think the standard would be :

- with loan - $3k service credit (barely enuf for first 3yrs servicing at current prices), huber optik film, floormat, dent removal, reverse cam (local fit), some car essential plus package (not sure what that is now)

- overtrade of 4k to 7k for old car

- any other freebies that you ask ... "can pay using service credits" would be the response ... hahaha

Rick & Asteroid can start sharing notes

Hi Bro,

Thanks for sharing this info, least I can manage my "expectations" and know what is realistic to ask 

one more question, do you think much diff in terms of freebies, if I buy A200 Style instead of A180 style - or basically same package ?

cheers!

So do u guys think dashcam is necessary to have for driving in SG?

hi guys,

if i purchase a dashcam from third party workshop and they help me install ... will it void warranty ?

does Cycle & Carriage have this option? i buy inhouse and let them fix it up for me? how much is the cost ? 

or should i just buy those connect to the AC type but have wires outside / in the air type  ....

Hi Bro,

Thanks for sharing this info, least I can manage my "expectations" and know what is realistic to ask 

one more question, do you think much diff in terms of freebies, if I buy A200 Style instead of A180 style - or basically same package ?

cheers!

Would suggest that you go for A200 instead, more power and torque.

As for freebies, should be slightly more, do press your Sales guy for either the freebies, service credits or the overtrade.

PM me if you need a SA name.

Cheers

Would suggest that you go for A200 instead, more power and torque.

As for freebies, should be slightly more, do press your Sales guy for either the freebies, service credits or the overtrade.

PM me if you need a SA name.

Cheers

Hi Raider,

thanks for your comments, yeah, i think about it about, either base model A180 style for budget or if a bit more $ get A200 style

please PM me with your SA name

• Like 1