• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

A-class 180, options?

Joeyjoe

Hi guys,

esp those with baby / young kids, can the back boot fit a normal size baby trolley? or must fold up and put at the space between the backseat instead?

thanks!

Lol. I think u referring to pram or stroller. Trolley sure cannot fit.

I believe standard size after fold should be able to fit.

If is those big wheels type, think better measure before buying the pram.

thanks guys for the comments for the pram / stroller ...

how about baby chair, standard size put behind in backseat, should not have much problem ya?

just thinking ahead ... worst case, if need, just borrow old man's ride/tank instead for the afternoon ... 

let AH GONG drive a "HOT HATCHBACK" to his weekend CC meetings / gatherings ... hehe

Hi guys, anyone have issue with radio reception with this car before?

I just collected my car last week and I'm having constant interference with the radio reception on open road and when enter MCE tunnel can't even get many channels..

Also iPhone GPS can't seem to work properly too, read from the other thread it might be caused by the huper optik film.. Anyone has any solution to either of these problems.

Other than that nice ride so far ..

thanks guys for the comments for the pram / stroller ...

how about baby chair, standard size put behind in backseat, should not have much problem ya?

just thinking ahead ... worst case, if need, just borrow old man's ride/tank instead for the afternoon ... 

let AH GONG drive a "HOT HATCHBACK" to his weekend CC meetings / gatherings ... hehe

lol. I believe car seat at the back no issue. comes with ISO Fix by default too. :)

Hi guys, anyone have issue with radio reception with this car before?

I just collected my car last week and I'm having constant interference with the radio reception on open road and when enter MCE tunnel can't even get many channels..

Also iPhone GPS can't seem to work properly too, read from the other thread it might be caused by the huper optik film.. Anyone has any solution to either of these problems.

Other than that nice ride so far ..

if I rem correctly, some bros posted in CLA side say need new software update to fix the radio issue.

u may try call their technical side or your service adviser?

if I rem correctly, some bros posted in CLA side say need new software update to fix the radio issue.

u may try call their technical side or your service adviser?

Then I hope my car, which is arriving in Sep/Oct period will have the updated software.

Don't want to have to go down to C&C again to get this done after car collection.

Think I better give my SE a heads-up to check on this.

Anyway, I just sent in the car to check the poor radio reception issue and posted the result in this thread http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/20472-poor-radio-reception/page-2#entry224135

Don't wanna copy and flood this page, so whoever interested or having same issue can go read.

Summary: locally fitted reverse camera causing the interference so they r going to replace it for me, not sure a new set or another model. (Hopefully it's a better model and not a downgrade). Currently I'm driving with the reverse camera disconnected and the radio is working better now.

Another headache is the iPhone GPS signal in car, it's like crap. Problems problems.. Didn't expect merc to have this kind of issues. Sigh

it's just their low end model and their brand sells itself.

End up if u have a problem like ur radio or gps they will tell u live with it or don't use and how merc drivers don't bother about such trivial things.

It's not only Merc other conti brands also same issue on their lower end models. Worse is when they attribute u to be jap/Korean model level and first time to such "premium" level that you are out of your depth.

it's just their low end model and their brand sells itself.

End up if u have a problem like ur radio or gps they will tell u live with it or don't use and how merc drivers don't bother about such trivial things.

It's not only Merc other conti brands also same issue on their lower end models. Worse is when they attribute u to be jap/Korean model level and first time to such "premium" level that you are out of your depth.

My humble opinion from a consumer view is that although it is a low end model, we are looking at the overall product as a whole. We are talking about fundamental here, not on the branding. If we go further on branding, if the product is so called "premier" over the other jap/korea makes, then it should at least perform the basis needs on the same level if not better as compared to the others. If not, then how can they qualify to be called "premium" at all?

Ya.. I'm not asking for "more" bcoz I'm getting a merc.. But things like clear radio reception is a basic aka given, whether it's conti, jap/kor or even China car.

Not asking for state of the art technology here.

But so far I think the issue is not with Merc car but the equip that is being locally fitted that is causing problem and maybe c&c didn't do the necessary tests after installing these things before delivering the car to customers.

• Like 1

Ya.. I'm not asking for "more" bcoz I'm getting a merc.. But things like clear radio reception is a basic aka given, whether it's conti, jap/kor or even China car.

Not asking for state of the art technology here.

But so far I think the issue is not with Merc car but the equip that is being locally fitted that is causing problem and maybe c&c didn't do the necessary tests after installing these things before delivering the car to customers.

thanks for sharing, least for future buyers we will take note of this potential issue, best, inform CLA, C class users, maybe they kena as well?

by any chance do u know the "brand" that is costing this problem?

maybe u really unlucky kena the lemon or possible it may be a "faulty batch"

Actually what u all say is true. Bring in the customer from entry and progress thru the brand.

Previously when on vw, the common excuse is that ppl on vw too used to be in jap/kor level that such common conti problems occurred they cannot stomach.

Actually what u all say is true. Bring in the customer from entry and progress thru the brand.

Previously when on vw, the common excuse is that ppl on vw too used to be in jap/kor level that such common conti problems occurred they cannot stomach.

So right on this. Anyway, I believe that no car is perfect, each and every single car has its own set of issues. Buy a car that you really like and also falls within your affordable range. At the very least, you wake up wanting to drive it every morning with a smiley face. =)

thanks for sharing, least for future buyers we will take note of this potential issue, best, inform CLA, C class users, maybe they kena as well?

by any chance do u know the "brand" that is costing this problem?

maybe u really unlucky kena the lemon or possible it may be a "faulty batch"

I drive the new C Class, don't have such problems. I have 2 issues which is I saw small oil leaks under my car twice already (3 months old car) and the gear transmission is not smooth at certain driving habits. Will highlight them on my next servicing.