jtang

Juddering wipers no more...

44 posts in this topic

Been obsessed in finding a solution to this common Mercedes bugbear since 2010 when I first had a C250. Some old timers would have read my thread that I wrote on juddering wipers. Even after changing to a CLA45....the problem still persisted. Went thru many threads on this topic in other Mercedes forums & have done many 'been there tried that' suggestions that were thrown up. I was in the AMG Private Lounge recently & saw some old threads on this topic (2014) when I read an inconspicuous 1 line post by a member. Apparently no one paid any attention to him as there was no follow up on his suggestion. He said that he applied 1 coat of Amour All Tyre Gel on his wipers and that solved his problem for good. I was skeptical, but WTH...I have a Amour All Gel sitting in my garage, why not give it a shot?

Instead of 1 coat....I gave it 2 coats (typical kiasu S'porean) It really works! Immediately, the wipers were super smooth. After 3 downpours....it still sweeps smoothly.

I have 2 other used sets of aftermarket wipers in my garage which were casted aside as they were juddering just as bad. Applied the gel on them also....voila! It works on them! Amazing solution....go try it!

Pls don't ask whether other tyre gel works....you try it & update here. Sharing is caring.

Gel.jpg

11 people like this

Hi Jtang,

Will this leave oily residue on the windscreen glass? 

Thanks

Hmm...the only slight stain is where it stops vertically. It's a line stain....it can easily be wiped off.  No oily residue as the Armour All Gel is not oil based. 

Went thru another heavy downpour yesterday.....still sweeps smoothly with the 1st coat. The vertical stains that I mentioned earlier....it's not there anymore. Guess it's just excess residue from the gel. 

Thanks bro jtang for sharing, will try it out indefinitely!

Been bugging me for quite awhile already.. 

Cheers!

ps. just applying it on the thinnest part of the wiper will do right? as in the point of contact with the windscreen..

1 hour ago, AlvinDj said:

Thanks bro jtang for sharing, will try it out indefinitely!

Been bugging me for quite awhile already.. 

Cheers!

ps. just applying it on the thinnest part of the wiper will do right? as in the point of contact with the windscreen..

Pleasure is mine to share. 

Just apply on the whole rubber strip.....it's rather difficult to just apply on the tip of the strip.

Just now, jtang said:

Pleasure is mine to share. 

Just apply on the whole rubber strip.....it's rather difficult to just apply on the tip of the strip.

Roger that... gonna try out this interesting theory for sure haha... 

It works! I used another brand of tyre shine but it works all the same... probably cos tyre shine has an oily texture.

1 person likes this

yes, seen your many replies and suggestions on juddering wiper for a few years.. autosol, what not...

now this!? wtf! BUYING ARMOUR ALL TYRE SHINE NOW!!!

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, giggss said:

@jtang bro did u use the tyre shine gel or protectant gel http://www.armorall.com/products/protectants/natural-finish-protectant-gel

I did a search in the forums, I think the other member was saying he was using armorall protectant gel

Nope....it was the the tyre gel.  This was suggested by a AMG Private Lounge (forum)  member ..... he's an American member  

1 person likes this

Can still apply Rain-X ? 

I wouldn't advice using Rain X bro, cheers.

Haven't tried it.....but I wouldn't want to risk it. U can feedback here if u happen to try it. 

Tried using the tyregel on my VW polo.

it will cause a smear of oily residual on the windscreen

but is smooth indeed.

maybe I applied too much

1 person likes this

On 4/3/2017 at 11:25 AM, retiefgoosen said:

Tried using the tyregel on my VW polo.

it will cause a smear of oily residual on the windscreen

but is smooth indeed.

maybe I applied too much

yes i also applied quite a fair bit on my C180 .. the oily smear is there.. but it's ok, weekly car wash can just wash and wipe it away with water..

more importantly is that there is no juddering for 1 month plus already!!!

Thanks bro @jtang for the great idea!

1 person likes this

I don't have Amorall tire gel but have Amorall protestant for upholstery,.will try to see if it worked

2 hours ago, Varero said:

I don't have Amorall tire gel but have Amorall protestant for upholstery,.will try to see if it worked

Bro....different stuff lah. Rubber & leather are not the same.

Just tried the tyre gel on the wipers few days back. 

Thumbs up!

2 people like this

Very good recommendation indeed. Tried it and it works really well, although have a bit of stains on the first few wipes.

Autobacs having a sale for this Armorall gel now. Go get it.

1 person likes this

Agree that this recommendation is awesome!!! I applied Meguiar's tyre gel last week and it works beautifully too!!! and yup a bit of smear on first couple of wipes.

1 person likes this

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 8:01 PM, jtang said:

Been obsessed in finding a solution to this common Mercedes bugbear since 2010 when I first had a C250. Some old timers would have read my thread that I wrote on juddering wipers. Even after changing to a CLA45....the problem still persisted. Went thru many threads on this topic in other Mercedes forums & have done many 'been there tried that' suggestions that were thrown up. I was in the AMG Private Lounge recently & saw some old threads on this topic (2014) when I read an inconspicuous 1 line post by a member. Apparently no one paid any attention to him as there was no follow up on his suggestion. He said that he applied 1 coat of Amour All Tyre Gel on his wipers and that solved his problem for good. I was skeptical, but WTH...I have a Amour All Gel sitting in my garage, why not give it a shot?

Instead of 1 coat....I gave it 2 coats (typical kiasu S'porean) It really works! Immediately, the wipers were super smooth. After 3 downpours....it still sweeps smoothly.

I have 2 other used sets of other aftermarket wipers in my garage which were casted aside as they were juddering just as bad. Applied the gel on them also....voila! It works on them! Amazing solution....go try it!

Pls don't ask whether other tyre gel works....you try it & update here. Sharing is caring.

Gel.jpg

Thanks for the sharing jtang

1 person likes this

Not sustainable for my case. After recent few days of heavy downpour, today back to juddering again :(