• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Juddering wipers no more...

jtang

33 minutes ago, angmoh said:

i just got my CLA yesterday... today raining and the juddering is terrible... 

Hi Jtang thanks for sharing this. so just apply the cream on the rubber linings of the wiper ?

Yes....a thin layer with a clean sponge will do  You will see the wiper appear a little shiny like tyre....no need too much as it can stain on the windscreen where it stops vertically. Anyway, its easy to clean it off if it stains  

I tried the Armorall Extreme Tyre Shine gel too about 3 weeks ago.  I got so annoyed by the juddering after 1 year of ownership. I bot new wipers and it juddered!! So, I changed back to the old wipers and applied only on the part of the blade that touches the windscreen.  It has been 3 weeks and still NO more juddering.  I cleaned off the oil stains with dish washing liquid and paper towels😁👍

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • rickosw unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...

Hey jtang thank you so much and I even wanna kiss you! I had to register and say something.

I live in LA and had exactly the most annoying wiper blades in my car! It was so embarrassed when my friends sitting in my car. How could a premium brand car's wiper blades made such noise! 

Of course I have seen every post relates to wiper blades on mbworld.org, and also few of the Chinese websites/forums to try to find a solution. As always, nothing really worked, until now!

I am so glad I didn't give up searching and I've got lucky enough to see this post! Thank you so so much again jtang, this gel is like a magic. It just made the wiper blades smooth as hell!  Jesus this is amazing, it is magic! My 4matic SUV is no more a vehicle that being afraid of the rain and snow! I love you, thank  you haha!

This solution should be told to all the MB owners all over the world! The wiper blades problem is pretty common in MB cars for sure.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, SileZ said:

Hey jtang thank you so much and I even wanna kiss you! I had to register and say something.

I live in LA and had exactly the most annoying wiper blades in my car! It was so embarrassed when my friends sitting in my car. How could a premium brand car's wiper blades made such noise! 

Of course I have seen every post relates to wiper blades on mbworld.org, and also few of the Chinese websites/forums to try to find a solution. As always, nothing really worked, until now!

I am so glad I didn't give up searching and I've got lucky enough to see this post! Thank you so so much again jtang, this gel is like a magic. It just made the wiper blades smooth as hell!  Jesus this is amazing, it is magic! My 4matic SUV is no more a vehicle that being afraid of the rain and snow! I love you, thank  you haha!

This solution should be told to all the MB owners all over the world! The wiper blades problem is pretty common in MB cars for sure.

You are most welcome. Do take note that you will need to reapply the gel every couple of months..depending on usage. Cheers!

• darksaint pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

My wipers used to have juddering issue. Asking CnC to polish also no use. I tried using this http://www.soft99.co.jp/english/sp/products/carcare/glass_coating/glaco_compound_roll_on.html?pid=04101 to clean the windscreen and then no more juddering. Am aleady on 3rd set original wipers and has been using the merc windscreen washer fluid. 

Note: there was once I went for a detailing and they apply some water Repellant coating on the windscreen. Slight juddering came back and did not go away for 3 months. Complain to the detailer and they polish and remove the "rain-x" on the windscreen and then No More juddering so far for last 3 months

Conclusion for my case: Water Repellant coating is the root cause. 

• Like 1

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 0:25 AM, Denn said:

Gonna get a bottle tomorrow, the juddering is driving me crazy....

Thank you for this wonderful simple solution jtang

Got a bottle yesterday and applied it right away.
This afternoon heavy rain was the moment of truth...before the application, under 5 wipes the judders will take place, and I will use the washer detergent fluid to quiet it down.

After this gel application, with this afternoon heavy down pour, not a single juddering was heard ! Am glad this is Over...now can drive with peace when comes to rain.^_^

Amazing solution ! thanks bro

• Like 1

On 5/19/2018 at 8:36 AM, kingfisher07 said:

My wipers used to have juddering issue. Asking CnC to polish also no use. I tried using this http://www.soft99.co.jp/english/sp/products/carcare/glass_coating/glaco_compound_roll_on.html?pid=04101 to clean the windscreen and then no more juddering. Am aleady on 3rd set original wipers and has been using the merc windscreen washer fluid. 

Note: there was once I went for a detailing and they apply some water Repellant coating on the windscreen. Slight juddering came back and did not go away for 3 months. Complain to the detailer and they polish and remove the "rain-x" on the windscreen and then No More juddering so far for last 3 months

Conclusion for my case: Water Repellant coating is the root cause. 

after using this product, will the rain water 'stick' to your windscreen instead of forming water droplets?

4 hours ago, giggss said:

after using this product, will the rain water 'stick' to your windscreen instead of forming water droplets?

Rain water droplets will definitely form/stick on windscreen bec this glaco product would have already remove the water Repellant coating (rain, X) on your windscreen. I choose no juddering over water beading on the windscreen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingfisher07 said:

Rain water droplets will definitely form/stick on windscreen bec this glaco product would have already remove the water Repellant coating (rain, X) on your windscreen. I choose no juddering over water beading on the windscreen. 

That would impair your vision under heavy rain....rather risky.

• 1 month later...

Just sharing my experiences.

I used Meguiar's Ultimate Wash And Wax . Just apply on the wipers and clean during car wash, normally can last ard a mth or so, plus i believe there is some form form of water repellent from the wax. Had been using it for 3 yrs on my previous BM, so far have not change any wipers :lol: . had used rain x before but it will judder and squeak even on a brand new wiper.

• 3 months later...

Yes, the Armor All Tire Shine works like a charm. It has been nearly a month since I applied the gel on the car wiper blades, the wipers still work fine. I can finally say goodbye to the irritating wiper juddering and noise!

Thank you, jtang, for sharing the solution with us. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Prestigious said:

Yes, the Armor All Tire Shine works like a charm. It has been nearly a month since I applied the gel on the car wiper blades, the wipers still work fine. I can finally say goodbye to the irritating wiper juddering and noise!

Thank you, jtang, for sharing the solution with us. 

Most welcome bro....happy wet motoring. 

• Like 1