• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Appalling Service standards at Alexander centre

Hi, just wanna share my experience about my encounter. Damm freaking pissed off. Below is the email I had written to C&C. I also cc a copy to their operations director and daimler HQ.

==========

Dear Sir,

I am writing to you about my experience with your service centre at Alexandra. Been a proud first time owner of a Mercedes Benz, i pampered my car with car wash, cleaning and maintenance. Although it is a pre-owned, it has made no difference to me feeling proud.

The issue I want to bring here is at your service centre. My appointment was on the 11th June at 1030hrs. I was late by 25mins due to traffic at CTE. Nevertheless, your counter staff attended to me promptly. I was asked to wait for my number to be called. While waiting at the cafe, there were 2 nice ladies passed a complimentary tea set voucher to me (I was with my wife and son). She said she do not need it but if i needed more, I can ask from the service desk. So why did the service desk not offer me any voucher? It is not that I am greedy, but where is the premium service you have marketed?

I waited for almost an hour before they called for me. I went with a test drive with Nasir and pointed out the faults. He told me he will have to get back to me if i would have to pay for any of the replacements. So he asked me to wait again while he went off. I waited for another 45mins but my name was not called. I walked to the counter and asked how long do I have to wait. Your representative then made a call, flip through some documents and said I can leave now. Before I left, she passed me a red form to collect my car.

called Nasir later in the day to tell him that I left my LV key pouch in the car. He did not pick up the phone but he only responded to my sms. He told me that he will check and keep for me.

On the 12th June called Nasir again for the quote he supposed to get back to me. He did not response to my calls or sms. I have to call the customer service line and the operator says he will get him return my call. Nasir called me about 1630hrs and advised me on the parts that is not covered in warranty. They were namely the brakes, steering alignment and gearbox mounting.

For the brakes and steering alignment, I can understand the logic of wear and tear. For gearbox mounting to wear out after less than 50K mileage is absurd! Plus, the engine mounting has to be replaced too although it is under warranty. I do not remember my previous japanese cars I owned has gearbox mounting replaced at such an early stage. If Nasir says engine mounting is replaceable by warranty, but why not gearbox mounting? To fail at less than 50K is totally unacceptable.

The price quoted from Nasir for my gearbox mounting was a rough estimate. He told me is about 400-500+. So what is it exactly I have to pay? Does it include GST too?

To make matters worse, he told me earliest I can collect my car Thursday evening. I was like dumbfounded! These few days has been inconvenient for me without my car as i move around a lot. My previous car a Nissan, allows me to collect my car in the evening even though it is an engine mount replacement.

I am appalled at your service centre standards and service. Even though Mercedes Benz is a premium brand but with such "service" you are telling me to take my business else where.

I am not happy. I do not get to use my car for the past 3 days, customer service at Alexander is appalling, Service adviser do not answer his phone, the parts and service charges are too expensive (I can get the same part from a stockist with labor and it is still cheaper to replace).

I would like a suitable answer from the management staff or senior management.

I will be CC this email to Daimler AG for their follow up.

Rgds.

U mentioned that yr car is 50k mileage, is still under the warranty period!! U can try to claim against them. Whats yr ride & YOM.

U mentioned that yr car is 50k mileage, is still under the warranty period!! No? Whats yr ride & YOM.

Precisely. That's why he complained gearbox mounting why not covered under warranty when engine mounting is. Gearbox mounting do easy to wear and tear?

If I am not wrong, GB mount and engine mount are usually change together. Strangely, my W203 mount was changed near to 100k km, 50k km is pretty early. I guess it depends on individuals sensitivity to vibration.

I personally do felt Merc Service Ctr service dropped. 2 weeks ago after my car service, I checked my engine oil stick few days later I realized it shown at the half marker, I went back to them & asked them to check is it engine oil leaking somewhere, service adviser didn't check or do anything juz told me its normal, I believed him. So anybody here can tell me is it really normal?

Bro Herz22

Please keep us updated. Since your car's mileage is only 50K, it should be under warranty. I'm wondering what other parts are excluded from their 3-year warranty.

If so many things are excluded from warranty then might as well buy PI. :stuff:

• Like 1

If so many things are excluded from warranty then might as well buy PI. :stuff:

great minds think alike?

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

If Mercedes Benz continues to keep up their effort on making their current owners Irriated and upset over the maintenance services and warrenty issues, the Germany boss may dump C&C and switch to another AD.

Haha.

Victoria Concordia Crescit

Translation: Victory grows out of harmony.

If Mercedes Benz continues to keep up their effort on making their current owners Irriated and upset over the maintenance services and warrenty issues, the Germany boss may dump C&C and switch to another AD.

Haha.

very unlikely i think.

Precisely. That's why he complained gearbox mounting why not covered under warranty when engine mounting is. Gearbox mounting do easy to wear and tear?

I had never change my gearbox mounting on my previous Japanese car so soon. Moreover my previous ride mileage is more than 77K.

If I am not wrong, GB mount and engine mount are usually change together. Strangely, my W203 mount was changed near to 100k km, 50k km is pretty early. I guess it depends on individuals sensitivity to vibration.

I am not sensitive but I have a OSIM chair at home and it feels about the same kind in the car. Except the vibration is at a lower resonance in the car.

The Pandan Loop one by far, is the best I have visited. Their service staff addresses you by ur surname and they serve Delifrance pastries with coffee or tea to your table!

Then Alexander service centre is a big shame.

Herz22.

Bring your ride to starblack n ask for a 2nd view.

These days C&C like to change parts n charge car owners as they seem fit.

They quote me for the following:

1. Brake pads (front and back) and front rotors - $1k+ (all these at only 47K mileage)

2. Steering alignment - $250

3. Engine mounting - Warranty Claim

4. Gearbox mounting - $400-500+

5. Driveshaft cover - Warranty Claim

I only agree to item 4. but I find the price is damm freaking high! Gearbox mounting made of what?

Bro Herz22

Please keep us updated. Since your car's mileage is only 50K, it should be under warranty. I'm wondering what other parts are excluded from their 3-year warranty.

Dear Mr XXXX

Thank you for your email dated 13 June 2012 received via the Mercedes - Benz website.

We are sorry to learn of your feedback regarding the visit to the Service Centre. Please be assured that we will investigate the matter and revert as soon as possible. In the meantime, we thank you for your kind patience in the matter.

With Best Regards

Andy Wee

Assistant Manager, Customer Relations

Customer Assistance Centre

Until now... NOW! No call or updates. So much for as soon as possible.

very unlikely i think.

Put it this way, once you gather enough complain about bad service. Service standard drops and increase in sales for other makes. What makes DC so sure they wont drop C&C. So what they have a long history of working together.

Sent them a mail to list me what is covered and what isn't.

Will share here if they reply.

Perhaps also brothers here can also send them email citing concerns following a "friend's" recent experience with warranty claims. This may generate some attention with cnc.

I think for them such complaints are common.... dont think will help much unless you know someone inside to shoot from the top.

anyway hope the brudder here resolves the issue at a cost-acceptable level. imho, all service centers are run like P&L centers, hence you always have this dumb "preventive maintenance" phrase. And segmented-customer pricing is common in car trade - similar parts for merz cars are priced higher than jipun cars.

like what sns said, cars are cars in the end.... I am not greater than the next guy driving a picanto. We are all equal. In other words, dont expect commensurate (in other words, kiss my ass) service once you drive a Porker, horse or bull or whatever.... and my friend driving a Nissan seems to have better service-experience. lol. now go get your GTR. lol.