• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Appalling Service standards at Alexander centre

Dear Mr XXXX

Thank you for your email dated 13 June 2012 received via the Mercedes - Benz website.

We are sorry to learn of your feedback regarding the visit to the Service Centre. Please be assured that we will investigate the matter and revert as soon as possible. In the meantime, we thank you for your kind patience in the matter.

With Best Regards

Andy Wee

Assistant Manager, Customer Relations

Customer Assistance Centre

Until now... NOW! No call or updates. So much for as soon as possible.

any update???

I will take my servicing and repairs elsewhere.

No point paying good dollars but yet get inferior service.

Warranty is the main consideration.

which is why we need to know if it is worth paying the higher premiums to keep the warranty.

2 days already..am still waiting for their reply on warranty coverage.

Why people buy from ADs despite sucky service? As metioned, Warranty (Peace of Mind). Unless someone is a DIY person, when a car breaks down, I have an AD to go too. Maybe replacement car if I am lucky.

Buying from AD is like buying car insurance, you don't know when you need it.

Bought a PI car before and the PI closed down 3 months later, luckiy for me, it's a jap ride and I have workshop friends. Imagine a conti with a fried gearbox.....

Cars are only that expensive in Singapore because of our UNIQUE COE system, with the piece of paper and other stuff like GST etc. Our cars are just as cheap as those overseas without the See Hor Ee system.

Profits are just about there. It may be good to lower expectations and we will be happier. Though I admit their service standards really need improvement, trust me, they are not the worst around for conti-makes.

Just my 2 cents and not targeting anyone. Happy motoring. :D

• Like 1

Actually in life, I feel sometimes if we can just look past the obvious in the here and now and accept that others may not be up to our expectations, we will feel happier. We aren't perfect ourselves anyway. :hocky: Life's actually quite simple in my opinion. Just made up of choices and decisions. Every decision begets an outcome. If you can live with that outcome, make the decision. If you can't, then don't. Period.

Sometimes our expectation of a Mercedes-Benz are set too high.

One example that got a lot of complain was the sound from retracting the side mirror. We are expecting a Merc to have silent mirrors. Coming from the A-class, then an accountant designed W203, and now an engineer designed W204, I find this mirror sound acceptable and normal, in a Merc.

CnC service cannot cope with this new flood of new customers, so there we have such "no follow up service" and other issues. Being customer, this is not my problem and not an excuse too.

I am just saying, we have to understand a Merc is still another car, so we should expect a service standard as good as any other brand, not necessary any higher (it would certainly be good to have higher). Don't stress ourselves too much.

Dear Mr XXXX

Thank you for your email dated 13 June 2012 received via the Mercedes - Benz website.

We are sorry to learn of your feedback regarding the visit to the Service Centre. Please be assured that we will investigate the matter and revert as soon as possible. In the meantime, we thank you for your kind patience in the matter.

With Best Regards

Andy Wee

Assistant Manager, Customer Relations

Customer Assistance Centre

Until now... NOW! No call or updates. So much for as soon as possible.

Seems like template interim reply.

Rest assured u r not alone. Do a search in e sgmerc archives n u will see all e fantastic feedbacks abt c&c.

Sometimes our expectation of a Mercedes-Benz are set too high.

One example that got a lot of complain was the sound from retracting the side mirror. We are expecting a Merc to have silent mirrors. Coming from the A-class, then an accountant designed W203, and now an engineer designed W204, I find this mirror sound acceptable and normal, in a Merc.

CnC service cannot cope with this new flood of new customers, so there we have such "no follow up service" and other issues. Being customer, this is not my problem and not an excuse too.

I am just saying, we have to understand a Merc is still another car, so we should expect a service standard as good as any other brand, not necessary any higher (it would certainly be good to have higher). Don't stress ourselves too much.

Expectations are not set just by customers but painted by the providers.

The promise of excellent service and highest qualities of equipment. Just like SIA, the beautiful sarong kebaya clad stewardess and the infamous inflight service. So if you see one of the stewardess smoking away in uniform or not smiling at you during her off duty, will the public be irk?

Yes Merc maybe just like any other car brand, but the promise of higher than better quality was promised by the manufacturer and maker. So to sell a premium brand, premium service will be expected from customers as they are paying top dollars. Service on the other hand will provide the overall experience of the whole process for the customers. Citing SIA again: Would you pay X amount of dollars to travel to Sydney by SIA, Qantas or Scoot?

If they (CNC) are not willing to put up the demands of the customers, then these customers may put their money to some other products that will provide them with a better service experience.

Sorry for the late update. I finally got my car yesterday and this is the email by the Manager.

Dear Mr XXX

We refer to your email dated 13 June 2012.

We are sorry to learn of your unpleasant experience with your vehicle and appreciate the opportunity to address the matter with XXXX during the phone conversations yesterday. We wish to extend our sincere apology on any communication lapse from our service personnel and the staff involved have been counselled. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused. As we are continuously striving to improve our service standards towards total customer satisfaction, such feedback is valuable to us. Kindly be assured that your feedback has been noted with concern and we will address the matter internally for further improvements and prevent similar occurrences.

We understand your vehicle was sent in on 11 June 2012 to address the engine vibration, steering off centre and brake squeaky noise issue. During this visit, we have conducted road tests and diagnostic checks on your vehicle when the car was at our workshop to confirm the symptoms. Upon further diagnosis, we conveyed the findings on the parts that were recommended for replacements namely the engine mountings and gearbox mountings, drive shaft dust covers and alignment, all brake pads and front brake discs. We understand that you have advised the brake pads and discs replacements to be carried out at a later visit and not to proceed with the alignment. We then proceeded to carry out the other repairs with your approval. We wish to also share with you that due to the complexity of the checks, it required more time to ensure that the above symptoms were rectified and resolved compared to normal servicing jobs. The repairs were carried out during the past few days and completed on 14 June 2012. Thereafter, we conducted the Final QC check before the car was released.

We have attached the warranty guide on the coverage for your information and reference and seek your kind understanding that consumables and wear-and-tear items are not covered by the warranty. We hope to also have your understanding that in spite of best manufacturing practices and processes, it is inevitable that some components may fail during the lifetime of the vehicle. Reasons for such failure may be a result of normal "wear and tear" arising from usage, from external influences or the vehicle's operating environment, which is not within the control of the manufacturer. While such repairs costs are unwanted, they are part and parcel of the ownership experience of any vehicle.

Nevertheless, the Senior Management has reviewed your case and we are pleased to inform that on exceptional goodwill basis we will offer 20% discount off the repair cost including parts and labour for this invoice, the final amount will be $396.89. In addition, we have replaced the following parts with labour for engine mountings ($600), drive shaft dust covers and collar ($1,700) and wheel alignment ($240) amounting to estimated $2,500 at no cost to you. As an added convenience, we can conduct a phone order with the credit card details for payment and can send your vehicle back to your premise before 6pm today upon confirmation and payment.

We hope to move forward with you together and we seek to have your magnanimous understanding in this matter. We wish to assure you of our best attention always.

Best Regards,

Serene Chia

Manager

Head, Customer Service

Cycle & Carriage Industries Pte Ltd

Mercedes-Benz Center

• Like 1

Honestly, I wonder how complex is it to change an engine mounting, a gearbox mounting, wheel alignment, drive shaft dust covers and collars? I have changed before engine mounting, a gearbox mounting, wheel alignment on my japanese car before. 3 hours maximum because there was a queue waiting to do the wheel alignment. She did not elaborate what are the complexities encountered by the technicians during the process of repairing my car.

She did commented that they were short of staff and therefore took a longer time. Although I should be happy that out of goodwill, I only paid 20% lesser in the final bill with the other parts replaced at "no cost to me".

In my previous posting, the service technician said to me Engine mounting and drive shaft dust covers are under warranty repair. So items at no cost was wheel alignment and free concierge service to my place.

I think she has to get her facts right with her technician before sending me this email. Whatever it is, I am happy that my car is back with me. It has been a bane that the car is sitting in the workshop for so long.

I have sent in my car for servicing and the service there is really very poor. They tend to make us wait for a very long time as if we have nothing to do. C&C really needs to improve on their services especially since we are all driving a premium car in Singapore and the most expensive Mercs in the world! :mad:

hi bro,

in the mail, the manager mentioned alignment was extended to you foc on goodwill, but i think some other bros were getting it under warranty.

anyway, for the benefit of everyone.. could u attach the scope of warranty they have sent u?

some bro such as myself may like to do some assessment whether it is worth continuing with cnc for servicing, if coverage sucks

a side note, an example.. my previous car's warranty on its 2nd/3rd year only covered the gearbox and engine.

they usually won't have problems if there were none within the first one or two years, if it is not crazily trashed/modded

for that, i took my car to outside workshop.

no point getting suckered with high servicing charges if those u think are supposed to be covered aren't, and later get into surprises unnecessarily..

hi bro,

in the mail, the manager mentioned alignment was extended to you foc on goodwill, but i think some other bros were getting it under warranty.

anyway, for the benefit of everyone.. could u attach the scope of warranty they have sent u?

some bro such as myself may like to do some assessment whether it is worth continuing with cnc for servicing, if coverage sucks

a side note, an example.. my previous car's warranty on its 2nd/3rd year only covered the gearbox and engine.

they usually won't have problems if there were none within the first one or two years, if it is not crazily trashed/modded

for that, i took my car to outside workshop.

no point getting suckered with high servicing charges if those u think are supposed to be covered aren't, and later get into surprises unnecessarily..

She did not attach any scope of warranty, instead 2 invoices. The scope of warranty can be found on the handouts from C&C. C&C is lucky they are selected to represent a premium brand. I feel the top management has lost touch with the customers and thinking ppl will still buy a Merc no matter how much others have complained.

I have sent in my car for servicing and the service there is really very poor. They tend to make us wait for a very long time as if we have nothing to do. C&C really needs to improve on their services especially since we are all driving a premium car in Singapore and the most expensive Mercs in the world! :mad:

This is what I would do. Send in the car early in the morning. Doesn't matter if my slot is in the afternoon. Settle the paperwork, take cab to office. After work, go collect car.

to TS, just curious, you mentioned the car being pre-loved.. was it fully serviced by C$C before u bought it? Which dealer u buy from? Any possibility of odometer being tampered with to show lower mileage?

Coz the wear and tear sounds higher than it should??

to TS, just curious, you mentioned the car being pre-loved.. was it fully serviced by C$C before u bought it? Which dealer u buy from? Any possibility of odometer being tampered with to show lower mileage?

Coz the wear and tear sounds higher than it should??

It is pre-owned and the mileage is as it was from C&C. Fully serviced and still have 1.5 months warranty left when I bought it. The previous owner still has 2 service credits on the car.

I am surprise that the wear and tear on the parts is bad. I guess the previous owner did not drive the car much. I have already clocked more than 1K just less than 3 weeks of owning the car.

I am not demanding, just asking for a fair reason and not a compensation.

Don't think you are, great that your issues have been sorted.

I was told wheel alignment will take a whole day.

That's the prob with AD, just alignment also need one day?

I do outside in out at most couple hours, including waiting time.

• Like 1

Don't think you are, great that your issues have been sorted.

That's the prob with AD, just alignment also need one day?

I do outside in out at most couple hours, including waiting time.

Thank you.

Wheel alignment? Takes 1 hour max. Btw, I forgot to mention that the manager told me verbally that they are short of staff. So if they are short of staff, is that the issue with us customer? Honestly, if the company is a premium brand or carrying a premium brand. They should not have issues hiring staff unless internal working conditions are dismal.

A wise man once told me, when dealing with CS people, there are two ways. 1) you can be nice and treat them like human beings doing their jobs. 2) you can also be an asshole and treat them like they owe you a living. Usually, the sequence of 1) and then 2) if 1) didnt work, has a much much higher success rate than if you went with 2) then 1).

Also, being short handed isn't an excuse. it's an explanation. they seek your understanding. if you think this isn't something you, as a customer, should have to put up with, then you should change your ride. It doesn't seem like you are going to lower your lofty standards of CS anytime soon, right? That's the path of least resistance.

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "