• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Appalling Service standards at Alexander centre

What matters me most is the after sales service. Good after sales would bring back existing customers, which is why some companies have loyalty programmes. Why would I want to look for new sales if my existing customers will give me return sales or bring in new sales for me.

This is the kind of service we should be getting.

Or else, why should we pay more for AD servicing or repairs?

Precisely. Tho my volvo was past it's warranty period, I still brought the car back to SM for servicing. Sure, pay a bit more but at least i get satisfaction when parting wif my $$.

At C&C, once warranty period is over, i'm not sure i'm prepared to pay premium $$ for such basic level of service rendered.

This is my first post and I'm a Volvo Owner.

I love volvo services and has to be the top in SIN.

They will change whatever is necessary under the warranty period even you didn't ask for it.

After driving my V70 for 18 mths, 46k km, Volvo changed my front break pads, rear break pads and rotors, all wipers twice and battery about a mth ago with AA. All safety checks with reports before handling washed and vaccum car back to you. Really pampered by them.

I will be switching camp soon and hope tha Merc can buck up!

They will change whatever is necessary under the warranty period even you didn't ask for it.

After driving my V70 for 18 mths, 46k km, Volvo changed my front break pads, rear break pads and rotors, all wipers twice and battery about a mth ago with AA. All safety checks with reports before handling washed and vaccum car back to you. Really pampered by them.

IF service really that good, why change ride?

Hi, it may be good to lower your expectations. The service level is nowhere near that of Volvo. But then many people buy MB for other reasons. Resale, reliability etc. Enjoy your ride! Cheers!

Hi, it may be good to lower your expectations. The service level is nowhere near that of Volvo. But then many people buy MB for other reasons. Resale, reliability etc. Enjoy your ride! Cheers!

You have a good point. I'm waiting for the new C180 arriving in Oct.

which is why i am contemplating throwing the warranty out of the window..

I stopped going to AD around 1.5 years, even though I had 3 years warranty.

Reason was they quoted me a few thousand dollars for the next service, never looked back since. :)

Precisely. Tho my volvo was past it's warranty period, I still brought the car back to SM for servicing. Sure, pay a bit more but at least i get satisfaction when parting wif my $$.

At C&C, once warranty period is over, i'm not sure i'm prepared to pay premium $$ for such basic level of service rendered.

All of my rides servicing and repairs are done via outside workshop, no issues. :)

Well, I believed that you don't buy a car just because of good service rite?

How about getting the latest technology and design?

Since you are unsatisfactory on their service then why not sell your Merc?

I am a firm believer in after sales service, as I come from service industry. You can have good products but if after sales sucks and parts are expensive or overcharged. Who would want to buy from AD?

Yes there will be ppl like me buying a Merc, but that doesnt stop me from sharing my experience i had encountered.

This thread is not commenting should you buy a merc or not but sharing experiences. Plus what to look out for if a owner encounters a warranty issue.

If you ask me if I would to buy another Merc, Yes. Go back to AD? No!

personally I would just screw all these after-sales service, pamper me, make me feel like king expectations. just concentrate on the cars. Even non-AD would screw you with suspicious servicing.... if you have not already heard horror stories from the other side of the coin.

lets stand up as adults and move on. life is like that.... there are always those 20% who face grievances whilst the majority 80% are ok. and I am lucky to be in that 80% for quite a long time already. but sometimes we need to see the worst before we can really appreciate that what we think is bad, is really not that bad after all.

for eg. my friend called me yesterday to ask for help as a certain make of car service shop wants to change the ashtray for S$7K. yes goddamn S$7K for an ashtray.... this is too much even for me. so at the end of the day, either you accept this, bitch, ask for help or get resourceful yourself and find a workshop to fix your issue at a much lower cost.

my 2 cents.

for eg. my friend called me yesterday to ask for help as a certain make of car service shop wants to change the ashtray for S$7K. yes goddamn S$7K for an ashtray.... this is too much even for me. so at the end of the day, either you accept this, bitch, ask for help or get resourceful yourself and find a workshop to fix your issue at a much lower cost.

my 2 cents.

** As requested by some bros, I've edited the entry to fill in more details.

My fren was quoted ard $19k or less (Amt I can't recall) for replacement of rear view mirror cos the mecury somehow crack. No choice don't feel like paying cos sometimes it doesn't mean when you drive a nice car, u like pple to leech on u or pay extra. Last resort had to use the magic word..."I've got no monie!" and it became a free replacement for a non anti-glaring one instead.

Of course, it's abit LC to say that but who cares! LOL!

I used it on a few occasions and it really works!

I am a firm believer in after sales service, as I come from service industry. You can have good products but if after sales sucks and parts are expensive or overcharged. Who would want to buy from AD?

Yes there will be ppl like me buying a Merc, but that doesnt stop me from sharing my experience i had encountered.

This thread is not commenting should you buy a merc or not but sharing experiences. Plus what to look out for if a owner encounters a warranty issue.

If you ask me if I would to buy another Merc, Yes. Go back to AD? No!

U asked me why I wanted to change ride so that's my answer to you and I'm also sharing my experience.

Hmm... Had my fair share of See n See 'gud ser vits' today.

Book my appointment one and a half months back for servicing this saturday. I also mentioned about weird sound from my steering rack.

Someone called me today to tell me Saturday they dont do sound check / diagnostics cause their sound guy doesnt work....

Why would they wait until 3 days before servicing to tell me...

ANyway its bullshit... scheduling should be done earlier. Its not like everyone is free on weekday. It sucks enough to have to take leave for servicing, its worse to delay the servicing because of miscommunication.

Well done ahhhh See n Seee..... I thought drive Mer See Lee means service is good.... after all its tagline is 'The best or nothing' ....

Daimler should reconsider using See n See as their partner.....

The key to immortality is first living a live worth remembering - Bruce Lee

Well done ahhhh See n Seee..... I thought drive Mer See Lee means service is good.... after all its tagline is 'The best or nothing' ....

Daimler should reconsider using See n See as their partner.....

The tag of "best or nothing" is by MB for the cars, nothing to do with CnC and their service.

Personally I felt that the service at CnC Pandan Loop (I have only use this branch) is acceptable. Not good but not bad either. Nothing to shout about but better service than I get from my previous ride, Subaru from Motor Image.

I do agree that there are much rooms for improvements at CnC, especially after reading how Wearnes pampers their Volvo owners