• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Appalling Service standards at Alexander centre

A wise man once told me, when dealing with CS people, there are two ways. 1) you can be nice and treat them like human beings doing their jobs. 2) you can also be an asshole and treat them like they owe you a living. Usually, the sequence of 1) and then 2) if 1) didnt work, has a much much higher success rate than if you went with 2) then 1).

Also, being short handed isn't an excuse. it's an explanation. they seek your understanding. if you think this isn't something you, as a customer, should have to put up with, then you should change your ride. It doesn't seem like you are going to lower your lofty standards of CS anytime soon, right? That's the path of least resistance.

Actually Performance Motors service is really good, but when the bill comes for minor replacements..... :lol: My friends KPKB and envy C & C prices. But I envy their better service and their cars drives much better. I guess the grass is always greener the other side of the fence.

Maybe can try Jags or Bentley next time. Guaranteed good service, but pretty bad resale value.... :D

A wise man once told me, when dealing with CS people, there are two ways. 1) you can be nice and treat them like human beings doing their jobs. 2) you can also be an asshole and treat them like they owe you a living. Usually, the sequence of 1) and then 2) if 1) didnt work, has a much much higher success rate than if you went with 2) then 1).

Also, being short handed isn't an excuse. it's an explanation. they seek your understanding. if you think this isn't something you, as a customer, should have to put up with, then you should change your ride. It doesn't seem like you are going to lower your lofty standards of CS anytime soon, right? That's the path of least resistance.

Either 1 or 2, 2 or 1. I used neither. I just stick to my principles and rights as a customer. We always accept situations like "bo pian aka no choice" as a reason and "just accept it". Why should I change my ride if the dealer or distributor after sales service is questionable. You talking about my lofty standards is too high for C&C then maybe other members would like to share their experiences too.

Buying a car is never the issue, but it is always the after sales service that will determine if the customer will return to purchase again. Customer retention will help the company to market their products through word of mouth. Much like traveling in First Class and when you want to give your choice of meals, the reply would be, sorry we ran out of choice. "Please accept our apologies and take whatever we have."

Nice work C&C.

Just went to buy from stockist front brake pads, rotors and rear pads. Total $187.25 w/gst, labour $50 (quote from my workshop) total $237.25. Waiting time 1hour. I am not sure what is the price C&C will quote but the time without my car is going to upset me. Looks like I will go back to my workshop to service my car.

Either 1 or 2, 2 or 1. I used neither. I just stick to my principles and rights as a customer. We always accept situations like "bo pian aka no choice" as a reason and "just accept it". Why should I change my ride if the dealer or distributor after sales service is questionable. You talking about my lofty standards is too high for C&C then maybe other members would like to share their experiences too.

Buying a car is never the issue, but it is always the after sales service that will determine if the customer will return to purchase again. Customer retention will help the company to market their products through word of mouth. Much like traveling in First Class and when you want to give your choice of meals, the reply would be, sorry we ran out of choice. "Please accept our apologies and take whatever we have."

Nice work C&C.

....the paragraphs were separate lah. 1st para is general, 2nd para is a response to you >.<

It's all down to perceptions - some of us no issues with C&C service (cos maybe we are used to SG service), some of us clearly do. The statement made about lofty standards does not take anything away from you. SG CS standards *are* shit. Don't put up with shit CS - I have not done so because I don't share your experience. vote with you feet.

• Like 1

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

Just went to buy from stockist front brake pads, rotors and rear pads. Total $187.25 w/gst, labour $50 (quote from my workshop) total $237.25. Waiting time 1hour. I am not sure what is the price C&C will quote but the time without my car is going to upset me. Looks like I will go back to my workshop to service my car.

I go to C & C for oil change during service intervals only. I also buy parts and go to Chip Soon to change them, fast and save lots of $$$ :D

I changed my disc and brakes, ATF outside during warranty period for my W203.

Money no enough to pay CnC for these repair and I no car can die, cannot leave in CnC for many days.

• Like 1

I changed my disc and brakes, ATF outside during warranty period for my W203.

Money no enough to pay CnC for these repair and I no car can die, cannot leave in CnC for many days.

Ah beng hacked cklasse's account.

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

• 2 weeks later...

Someone told me on the side that when he was an intern at Daimler, they slapped korean parts with Merc logo (I am not sure if it is true).

like how they slap an FMCG premium brand on a Made-in-China product? think I better stop buying those branded products then.... feel very cheated.

After having experienced the service level at VW personally, and read the experience shared by herz22, I think I've made the right decision to jump from VW to MB. Waiting for the delivery of my car now ... :D

Previous ride was VW. Maybe I was lucky, I actually got pretty good service from them.

like how they slap an FMCG premium brand on a Made-in-China product? think I better stop buying those branded products then.... feel very cheated.

I think I better stick to OE. Same thing at the lesser price.

Someone told me on the side that when he was an intern at Daimler, they slapped korean parts with Merc logo (I am not sure if it is true).

It seems terrible. We paid a premium and got inferior quality stuff :thumbsd:

Previous ride was VW. Maybe I was lucky, I actually got pretty good service from them.

You must have been very lucky. Fixing an appt has to wait for 3 over months. Car assessment cost me $100 and 3 days. Have to wait for another 4 days to discuss the repair list with their "master tech". And they can't explain why are the parts listed needed to be replaced, including parts that were replaced 6 mths earlier. That's why I gave up on VW.

• Like 1

You must have been very lucky. Fixing an appt has to wait for 3 over months. Car assessment cost me $100 and 3 days. Have to wait for another 4 days to discuss the repair list with their "master tech". And they can't explain why are the parts listed needed to be replaced, including parts that were replaced 6 mths earlier. That's why I gave up on VW.

After 2 vw, I've come to appreciate the service at cnc.

It's all about expectations.

Anyway, I like dealing with my SA on a more personal level than just as that of a customer.

As friends, things r quite "flexible". He goes out of his way to help.

• Like 2

After having experienced the service level at VW personally, and read the experience shared by herz22, I think I've made the right decision to jump from VW to MB. Waiting for the delivery of my car now ... :D

But dun get ur hopes up on C&C's aftersales service. Frankly, I'm quite disappointed after years of excellent service wif volvo.

But dun get ur hopes up on C&C's aftersales service. Frankly, I'm quite disappointed after years of excellent service wif volvo.

I totally agreed on the Volvo after sales service, not forgetting their free taxi voucher as well. :)

I totally agreed on the Volvo after sales service, not forgetting their free taxi voucher as well. :)

I was totally shocked when i went for my 1st service. First, despite having to make an appt online for a specific timeslot, I had to stand in line to be attended - thot I was lining up to buy chicken rice or something. When it finally got to my turn, I asked who was the service advisor assigned to me and the reception girl looked at me as if i insulted her mother liddat. Was told no such service at C&C. Gosh, had to do a double take whether i was at C&C Kia or C&C Mercedes Benz Centre. The disappointment didn't end there as after i was given a number slip (walau...like lining up at hdb office liddat), had to wait abt 50 mins to be attended to. After settle, was told have to wait for shuttle to mrt in another 20 mins. What a blardy waste of time. This kinda service level is no diff from what u get from a B&B jap car service centre - very basic.

At volvo, i sms my SA when i would like to drop by, she'll take care of the booking, making sure the parts are ordered in advance, service recep knows u by name (and not a slip number), u sit down at the sofa and coffee auntie drops by to offer latte, OJ or muffins, meet SA to confirm instruction, after settle they'll call u a cab while u wait at the sofa and taxi comes right to the reception to pickup. The staff will hand u a taxi voucher to pass to the cabby at the end of the ride. All this FOC and no limit on value or distance. Now, that's what i call premium service.

• Like 4

I did my tyre rotation there and my rims are generally covered in brake dust. After rotation I was returned a car with rims that resembled a zebra due to certain areas of the rim being "clean" due to the SA's hands touching it during rotation.

Was it too much to expect them to just clean my rims or returning me a zebra pattern rim was deemed professionally job done? Haha... I wonder...

wow. .with services like that at volvo, pay more also gam wan ;-)

If not going too far, say to Bt Merah or Tiong Bahru, they have offered to send me there on a couple of occasions in one of their near-new management cars (those that they reg and sell off within a few mths) i.e the V70 T6, S80.

I tried asking C&C to do that once (drop me off nearby). They said ok and started walking to my car...........and drove it instead! KNN.

At volvo, i sms my SA when i would like to drop by, she'll take care of the booking, making sure the parts are ordered in advance, service recep knows u by name (and not a slip number), u sit down at the sofa and coffee auntie drops by to offer latte, OJ or muffins, meet SA to confirm instruction, after settle they'll call u a cab while u wait at the sofa and taxi comes right to the reception to pickup. The staff will hand u a taxi voucher to pass to the cabby at the end of the ride. All this FOC and no limit on value or distance. Now, that's what i call premium service.

This is the kind of service we should be getting.

Or else, why should we pay more for AD servicing or repairs?