• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Appalling Service standards at Alexander centre

went to cnc last friday to fix 2 issues: seat belt warning not working and from 12v outlet not working.

sent in at 8.30am, collected at 6pm.

results? seat belt warning working, 12v outlet STILL not working.

50% success. sigh...

went to cnc last friday to fix 2 issues: seat belt warning not working and from 12v outlet not working.

50% success. sigh...

50% success??? omg, this is so sad. :(

I really hope I'm not jumping from VW to MB to get the same level of NO SERVICE at a premium. :sick:

My CD changer was once unplayable. The CD changer was jammed.

Went to C&C Alexander for servicing and told them to look at the problem.

The C&C guy told me that if they tried to fix it, they will have to open up lots of things. Advice: Continue using the single CD to play CDs.

After a long time, I decided to do some net research on the matter. Apparently I just had to pull out and put back the fuse for the CD changer - problem solved. Bloody hell!!

After that and a few other incidents, I started moving away from them.

Maybe we can have a decal - "THIS MERC IS A C&C-FREE MACHINE" or "C&C - U CAN'T TOUCH THIS"

• Like 1

My CD changer was once unplayable. The CD changer was jammed.

Went to C&C Alexander for servicing and told them to look at the problem.

The C&C guy told me that if they tried to fix it, they will have to open up lots of things. Advice: Continue using the single CD to play CDs.

After a long time, I decided to do some net research on the matter. Apparently I just had to pull out and put back the fuse for the CD changer - problem solved. Bloody hell!!

After that and a few other incidents, I started moving away from them.

Maybe we can have a decal - "THIS MERC IS A C&C-FREE MACHINE" or "C&C - U CAN'T TOUCH THIS"

really happen this way?

50% success. sigh...

You know something? I see your avatar, I also 50% shiok only. Two showing but half covered.

• Like 4

The tag of "best or nothing" is by MB for the cars, nothing to do with CnC and their service.

Personally I felt that the service at CnC Pandan Loop (I have only use this branch) is acceptable. Not good but not bad either. Nothing to shout about but better service than I get from my previous ride, Subaru from Motor Image.

I do agree that there are much rooms for improvements at CnC, especially after reading how Wearnes pampers their Volvo owners

Haha, bro, i was also previously on a scoob...

but never return after the first two servicings.

That why lor, Tagline for MB is best or nothing, so they should change their partner...

Bloody See n See charging us Ma See Lee price gibing us Mitsubishi service.... How can... lol

The key to immortality is first living a live worth remembering - Bruce Lee

i dont have much to complain about the service standard in C&C except the lack of information after rectification. During the first 4 mth, my car stalled on me 3 times!! Got their starservice to tow in twice and jump start once. After much interrogation, they only informed me it could be due to software issue, our german counterpart still finding root cause. I already gave up asking since no issue last 1.5yr. (i reckon maybe due to new car symptoms???)

But at least during their recitification, i was given CLS and twice the ML300 as courtesy car...so that kind of cools me off.

Personally, i think Lexus offered me the best service support. Just before my 3 yr warranty is up, the service guy offered me to replace the compressor and the doror seal even when it was problem-free.

Haha, bro, i was also previously on a scoob...

but never return after the first two servicings.

That why lor, Tagline for MB is best or nothing, so they should change their partner...

Bloody See n See charging us Ma See Lee price gibing us Mitsubishi service.... How can... lol

Wahaha....we buy SIA biz class tickets but get Tiger's budget service.

Some examples of fantastic service I experienced from cycle pandan that I can cite without getting anyone in trouble:

1. I scratched my plastic trims. E black paint on e console started peeling.

Cycle replaced it foc for me.

2. I went down to report an accident. My 5yo son vomited near e reception. Reception ladies quickly rushed over with a box of tissue. Cleaned him up n took him to e cafe area n got him biscuits n milo fussing over him. Cleaner auntie came over. Told my boy to go ahead n vomit on e floor cos she saw him coughing still. I remembered he telling him "boy, go ahead n vomit on e floor. U will feel better. Auntie can always clean again"

I'm no superstar n I drive a humble c class.

• Like 2

Now, here we are looking at 2 groups of people... the first group is the technician/engineer and the other is the front desk service staff ie recep & SA.

So far I think the front desk people are polite and helpful however it seems like the garage people are not up to standard. When these technician screw up the deal, it is these front desk people who try to clean the shit to make the customer happy...

So my opinion is that cnc should improve the standard of their technician/engineers... to do the right diagnostic and give the right advise.

• Like 1

Now, here we are looking at 2 groups of people... the first group is the technician/engineer and the other is the front desk service staff ie recep & SA.

So far I think the front desk people are polite and helpful however it seems like the garage people are not up to standard. When these technician screw up the deal, it is these front desk people who try to clean the shit to make the customer happy...

So my opinion is that cnc should improve the standard of their technician/engineers... to do the right diagnostic and give the right advise.

Unfortunately, the techs and engineers may not be given the same training as the front line staff. Front line staff always kenna flanked by customer first if there is a complain or "cleaning up a lapse" from the workshop. Then there is always the customer service manager in each location that makes the difference.