• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Installing Blackvue Full HD - DR400G

Guest lightning

Guest kepiting1sg

Bro Lightning,

One guy @ VAGSG selling his 32gb Sandisk Class 4 microSD at $50 nia.

I found out that the seller actually bought it for his Blackvue DR400HD and ran into problems with it, even after reformating it and loaded up with latest firmware 1.037.

I chickened out won't dare to buy! :lol:

Guest lightning

kepiting1sg wrote:

Bro Lightning,

One guy @ VAGSG selling his 32gb Sandisk Class 4 microSD at $50 nia.

I found out that the seller actually bought it for his Blackvue DR400HD and ran into problems with it, even after reformating it and loaded up with latest firmware 1.037.

I chickened out won't dare to buy! :lol:

Bro Seah... stick to 16GB Class 4 or 6 will do...I kept a spare just in case when there is any problem which happened on and off...like the sweet lady telling you "please check your SDcard"...I will just replaced it with my spare...reformat the "problem" card and keep it as spare again... :bounce:

Guest mushigen

My newly exchanged Samsung 16Gb Class 6 card is starting to act up again. On a few occasions, it rebooted itself (as announced by the lady: blackvue for your safety... starting normal recording).

• 1 month later...

A great addition... met with a hit and run accident yesterday, caught up with the culprit at the traffic light, arrogant bugger who asked me to claim his insurance, reported him for hit and run with footage to Traffic Police :whistle:

Guest markcwq
A great addition... met with a hit and run accident yesterday' date=' caught up with the culprit at the traffic light, arrogant bugger who asked me to claim his insurance, reported him for hit and run with footage to Traffic Police :whistle:[/quote']

Seems like a very useful device. After seeing many articles and posts like this, it really tempts me to install it.

Guest mvdennis
A great addition... met with a hit and run accident yesterday' date=' caught up with the culprit at the traffic light, arrogant bugger who asked me to claim his insurance, reported him for hit and run with footage to Traffic Police :whistle:[/quote']

woah!! what happened mate?

Bugger tried to cut my lane then brushed my front wheel arch and bumper.

C&C quoted repair as I am claiming third-party, getting a new bumper, a new headlight and that guy is getting a traffic summon for hit and run!

Guest mvdennis

there are a number of parallel importers for the Blackvue in the market ... most forums will have them lurking around :lol:

the official dealer i understand is Wow Gadgets ...

alternatively you can consider other alternatives such as VisionDrive 8000 which is a tad more expensive but has front and rear synchronised recording. Wee Heng carries that.

Guest kepiting1sg
Where else, can we buy a new set now?

Thanks!

I got my set from Intergizmo - Guy name Anthony.

Cheapest around around $360 a pc & nice seller.

Power Magic is $30 a pc good enough to wire up a set.

Power Magic will prevent flat battery when in Parking Mode.

If U do not wanna record during parking then U dun need Power Magic.

Hp: 8296 7898

Need reference just mention Mr Seah from P Ris.

Anthony house is in P Ris too

I got mine for a special price which I shared with some bros here.

However the current batch is sold out.

If there is substantial interest, I can organise a GB here.

Indicatively DR400G + PowerMagic SGD380

Where else, can we buy a new set now?

Thanks!

I got my set from Intergizmo - Guy name Anthony.

Cheapest around around $360 a pc & nice seller.

Power Magic is $30 a pc good enough to wire up a set.

Power Magic will prevent flat battery when in Parking Mode.

If U do not wanna record during parking then U dun need Power Magic.

Hp: 8296 7898

Need reference just mention Mr Seah from P Ris.

Anthony house is in P Ris too

Unker, Anthony not selling this price now... his price is $380 + $30 now...

Guest markcwq
I got mine for a special price which I shared with some bros here.

However the current batch is sold out.

If there is substantial interest, I can organisation a GB here.

Indicatively DR400G + PowerMagic SGD380

Do count me in if there's a GB!

I drive a C200k pre FL, no problems, I believe what many reported to be PowerMagic problem has to be related to the jumper settings... most installers do not ready the manual or instructions and set the jump to 24V instead of 12V...

It is simple connection, I dun see an issue, even See & See liked how the camera was installed...

Just checking interest, no obligations until arrangements is firm up with supplier... (Prices below are firm, note that stock comes from PI)

Blackvue Full HD - DR400G + PowerMagic (SGD 380)

1. markcwq (bro, you keen on PowerMagic or without PowerMagic)

Blackvue Full HD - DR400G only (SGD 350)

Additional 16GB MicroSD Card (Samsung Class 6 SGD 36, Transcend Class 10 SGD 38)

Guest genesys

Hi benico, thanks. Actually, I've asked my SE if CnC's installer for the reverse camera and the sensors could install my DVR cameras and power magic for me. My SE didn't even know what DVR cameras were!! *Sigh*. My SE will check and get back to me.

Honestly, I don't think they will do it. That is why I am doing my research now to see who else can install it for me.

Cheers :-)

Guest Wishbone
I drive a C200k pre FL, no problems, I believe what many reported to be PowerMagic problem has to be related to the jumper settings... most installers do not ready the manual or instructions and set the jump to 24V instead of 12V...

It is simple connection, I dun see an issue, even See & See liked how the camera was installed...

Do you need to cut into any wires to install the camera???

Guest mvdennis

Do you need to cut into any wires to install the camera???

it's a really simple installation ... tap from battery all the way and nicely concealed ... :)