• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Installing Blackvue Full HD - DR400G

Guest lightning

Guest lightning

I am planning to install the Blackvue FullHD - video cam...anyone has done it and any good installer (familiar with Merc) to recommend...will be installing with Power Magic as well...any idea how much it will cost :becky:

Kum sia... :yo:

Guest blackknight

lightning wrote:

I am planning to install the Blackvue FullHD - video cam...anyone has done it and any good installer (familiar with Merc) to recommend...will be installing with Power Magic as well...any idea how much it will cost :becky:

wao! you going to be "puppy team'?

Guest kepiting1sg

lightning wrote:

Unker bought 2 Blackvue DR400G with 1 power magic from a VAGSG GB from a local SG eBay seller. Yet to instal them.

Guys who bought got them installed at Foon audio for $30 a pc.

I will likely go back to AutoSpritze.

Blackvue DR400G - $350 per pc. Power Magic $30 - no warranty PI :lol:

I understand local agent selling at >$500

Quote from our sponsor asc is $399 a pc for Blackvue DR400G and Power Magic is $30. Need to order.

Understand Pittasoft the manufacturer is unable to supply due to large world wide demand. I waited nearly 1 month for my order.

If U are keen I can hook you up with the seller who is selling now for $368.

The seller is an IT guy and teaching his son to set up on-line business.

Collected my stuff last week. Very friendly seller and give lots of support even though it was stated no support.

If you want WhatsApp me for contacts.

Guest lightning

kepiting1sg wrote:

Unker bought 2 Blackvue DR400G with 1 power magic from a VAGSG GB from a local SG eBay seller. Yet to instal them.

Guys who bought got them installed at Foon audio for $30 a pc.

I will likely go back to AutoSpritze.

Blackvue DR400G - $350 per pc. Power Magic $30 - no warranty PI :lol:

I understand local agent selling at >$500

Quote from our sponsor asc is $399 a pc for Blackvue DR400G and Power Magic is $30. Need to order.

Understand Pittasoft the manufacturer is unable to supply due to large world wide demand. I waited nearly 1 month for my order.

Collected my stuff last week. Very friendly seller and give lots of support even though it was stated no support.

Thanks Bro Seah...I collected my DR400G over the weekend thru GB from another car forum...paid $360 + $30 for the Power Magic...come with a 16GB microSD card :becky:

I m now looking for a reliable installer familiar & experience with Merc and at reasonable price, of course...:bounce: Do you think Jack of Darren Auto can do the job? :becky:

I will Whatsapp you for detail contacts...:whistle:

KUM sia bro :lol:

Guest deus_ex71

I've also bought from the DR400 and powermagic from the ebay guy.

Installed at NightConceptz, charged me $80, 1 hour wait, 30 min job. My Audi on a DR350 also done by them. Recommended. Look for work called Ah Fa. Quite steady and meticulous.

When I was there, there was another car who installed somewhere else but went to them to rectify as they tapped the wrong wire and supplying not enough voltage.

Good thing is that the boss (Dave) is able to contact the agent directly to trouble shoot if there are issues.

Do note that the DR4 takes a while to stablize on initial use due to acquisition of GPS signal.

Guest lightning

deus_ex71 wrote:

I've also bought from the DR400 and powermagic from the ebay guy.

Installed at NightConceptz, charged me $80, 1 hour wait, 30 min job. My Audi on a DR350 also done by them. Recommended. Look for work called Ah Fa. Quite steady and meticulous.

When I was there, there was another car who installed somewhere else but went to them to rectify as they tapped the wrong wire and supplying not enough voltage.

Good thing is that the boss (Dave) is able to contact the agent directly to trouble shoot if there are issues.

Do note that the DR4 takes a while to stablize on initial use due to acquisition of GPS signal.

:becky: Thanks bro for the lead...I had mine installed 2 days ago at Darren Auto and they look about an hour to install with power magic...:bounce:

I am loving it...especially the parking mode when you can see what's happening around your car when you are not there...:lol:

must do a bit of setting though...to achieve the desired result :whistle:

Guest chiaster

nice, bro norman! :thumb:

demo for us next time! :bounce:

lightning wrote:

:becky: Thanks bro for the lead...I had mine installed 2 days ago at Darren Auto and they look about an hour to install with power magic...:bounce:

I am loving it...especially the parking mode when you can see what's happening around your car when you are not there...:lol:

Guest ziyinet

Yup, i did a front and back install with the power magic.

Really good investment, managed to capture a joker that hit my car in the carpark and attempted to escape. Too bad he got caught on camera :)

kepiting1sg wrote:

Unker bought 2 Blackvue DR400G with 1 power magic from a VAGSG GB from a local SG eBay seller.

Dun have your WhatsApps number... can Unker help to PM me his contact? Thanks a million...

With my encounter these days on the road.. I think need to protect our own interest.

Guest apple088

lightning wrote:

I also installed the DR400G.

I notice that this set emits lots of HEAT.

Check with IR thermometer it reads 58 degrees.

Does your unit get so hot as well?

Guest lightning

apple088 wrote:

I also installed the DR400G.

I notice that this set emits lots of HEAT.

Check with IR thermometer it reads 58 degrees.

Does your unit get so hot as well?

Sama sama...it nearly burnt my fingers once when I removed the SDcard. I guess it is because we set at the parking record mode and the camera is working almost non stop, depending on the nos of hrs you set for the parking mode...also it is stick on to the windscreen and it transfer the heat to the camera as well...I really hope it can last :tsk: :Cry:

Guest apple088

lightning wrote:

Sama sama...it nearly burnt my fingers once when I removed the SDcard. I guess it is because we set at the parking record mode and the camera is working almost non stop, depending on the nos of hrs you set for the parking mode...also it is stick on to the windscreen and it transfer the heat to the camera as well...I really hope it can last :tsk: :Cry:

Yeah lor. Think can toast my roti prata if wrap over it ...

I hope can last. normal CMOS can withstand upto 70 degree only and exterior is showing 58 degrees .....

Guest kepiting1sg

bomby wrote:

Dun have your WhatsApps number... can Unker help to PM me his contact? Thanks a million...

With my encounter these days on the road.. I think need to protect our own interest.

My hp & WhatsApp - +65 91777772 & +62 811 777772

The seller name is Anthony: 82967898

Just tell Anthony that Seah from P Ris he will know!

Got them from him in a VAGSG forum GB.

His posting on eBay - click on link below

Group Buy (discounted prices) for BlackVue DR400G HD GPS 16GB - Singapore

Maybe he still can give you the discounted price of $350 for the Blackvue DR400G & $30 for PowerMagic - Good Luck! :becky:

kepiting1sg wrote:

My hp & WhatsApp - +65 91777772 & +62 811 777772

The seller name is Anthony: 82967898

Just tell Anthony that Seah from P Ris he will know!

Got them from him in a VAGSG forum GB.

His posting on eBay - click on link below

Group Buy (discounted prices) for BlackVue DR400G HD GPS 16GB - Singapore

Maybe he still can give you the discounted price of $350 for the Blackvue DR400G & $30 for PowerMagic - Good Luck! :becky:

Thanks! Will try my luck.. P Ris... I also stay around there. :becky:

Guest lightning

apple088 wrote:

Yeah lor. Think can toast my roti prata if wrap over it ...

I hope can last. normal CMOS can withstand upto 70 degree only and exterior is showing 58 degrees .....

:becky::becky::bounce::bounce: :lol::lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Wondering if anybody has any problems with installing the blackvue 400 on your new mercs.

Was advised by one of the authorised installers against installing blackvue with power magic in a new model mercs. He mentioned something about tapping into the ignition which required some special cable.

Anybody caught wind of anything like that? or experiencing any problems with blackvue and power magic?

Thanks!

Guest kepiting1sg

I've no problem with Power Magic in my ML.

Though I've 2 DR400G - 1 front & 1 rear, I only connect the front cam to the Power Magic.

So far running 2 mths without problem.