• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Installing Blackvue Full HD - DR400G

Guest lightning

Thanks. I spoke to the distributor and they said that it mostly happens in BMWs. Apparently the warning light for battery leak lights up after using power magic. He said it could happen for conti cars due to the computer electronic systems it has on board.

Guest manmerlion

emerc wrote:

Hi Guys,

Wondering if anybody has any problems with installing the blackvue 400 on your new mercs.

Was advised by one of the authorised installers against installing blackvue with power magic in a new model mercs. He mentioned something about tapping into the ignition which required some special cable.

Anybody caught wind of anything like that? or experiencing any problems with blackvue and power magic?

Thanks!

I went to Car Beauty, one of the authorised dealers for Blackvue. The boss told me he had previously done a Merc which simply couldn't charge the recorder. The only way was via the 12V socket. He said I could install and see how. Ha...ha...

Guest mushigen

Installed DR400 with PM on my ride. SD card gave problem, kept rebooting, failed to record, etc.

Went back to Nightkoncepts (sp?), Dave gave me a new Samsung card.

While there, decided to remove PM and on/off the camera via ignition switch. Kena charged $20 for the re-work. The unit was running too hot for my comfort. At that kind of temperature, the SD card will fail in no time.

Guest mushigen

st8800 wrote:

Heard there is a non HD version that doesn't heat up so much... anyone tried yet?

That's the DR300 or DR350 (one with GPS, the other donch have). Recording not that clear.

Guest lightning

mushigen wrote:

Installed DR400 with PM on my ride. SD card gave problem, kept rebooting, failed to record, etc.

Went back to Nightkoncepts (sp?), Dave gave me a new Samsung card.

While there, decided to remove PM and on/off the camera via ignition switch. Kena charged $20 for the re-work. The unit was running too hot for my comfort. At that kind of temperature, the SD card will fail in no time.

without Power Magic can you still use the Parking Mode ?

mine so far so good leh...just upgraded the latest software/firmware to version 1.037

did you try re-formatting your SDcard before removing the Power Magic?

Guest mushigen

lightning wrote:

without Power Magic can you still use the Parking Mode ?

mine so far so good leh...just upgraded the latest software/firmware to version 1.037

did you try re-formatting your SDcard before removing the Power Magic?

Mine was OK till about one month thereabouts before it went bonkers.

Just to clarify the parking mode and Power magic functions:

Parking mode is built-in and can always be activated if you have power supply to the unit.

You can still have continuous power supply to the recorder without PM but it might deplete the battery if left over a few days, hence PM comes in. With PM, you can set to cut power to the camera by interval or low voltage - whichever comes first.

I don't want to have continuous power supply to the camera when I'm not driving to prevent overheating (peace of mind). Hence, it is wired as such that whenever I kill my ignition, it will also cut off power to the camera. No power = no parking mode.

I expect the SD card to up lorry very soon with continuous re-writing and heated up 24/7.

Guest lightning

mushigen wrote:

Mine was OK till about one month thereabouts before it went bonkers.

Just to clarify the parking mode and Power magic functions:

Parking mode is built-in and can always be activated if you have power supply to the unit.

You can still have continuous power supply to the recorder without PM but it might deplete the battery if left over a few days, hence PM comes in. With PM, you can set to cut power to the camera by interval or low voltage - whichever comes first.

I don't want to have continuous power supply to the camera when I'm not driving to prevent overheating (peace of mind). Hence, it is wired as such that whenever I kill my ignition, it will also cut off power to the camera. No power = no parking mode.

I expect the SD card to up lorry very soon with continuous re-writing and heated up 24/7.

with PM, you can set the Parking Mode from 1 hrs to as high as 72hrs...i set my at 2hrs to prevent overheat...:bounce:

go get a new SDcard...i bought a spare Kingston 16GB for about $30.00 from SLS...but you need to format n download the BV software in order for it to work...latest version 1.037 :becky:

Guest kepiting1sg

lightning wrote:

with PM, you can set the Parking Mode from 1 hrs to as high as 72hrs...i set my at 2hrs to prevent overheat...:bounce:

go get a new SDcard...i bought a spare Kingston 16GB for about $30.00 from SLS...but you need to format n download the BV software in order for it to work...latest version 1.037 :becky:

Your microSD 16Gb class 4 or higher?

If Class 4 works, any problem in video quality?

Guest lightning

kepiting1sg wrote:

Your microSD 16Gb class 4 or higher?

If Class 4 works, any problem in video quality?

Original is Samsung 16gb class 6 but Kingston 16gb class 4 is all they have. No problem with quality although initially abit problem with recording but now after reformatting n installed with BV version 1.037 seem ok now :becky:

Guest kepiting1sg

lightning wrote:

Original is Samsung 16gb class 6 but Kingston 16gb class 4 is all they have. No problem with quality although initially abit problem with recording but now after reformatting n installed with BV version 1.037 seem ok now :becky:

Thought of jumping to a 32gb but scare Class 4 cannot make it

Class 6 and above - not so pocket frenly! :lol:

Guest lightning

kepiting1sg wrote:

Thought of jumping to a 32gb but scare Class 4 cannot make it

Class 6 and above - not so pocket frenly! :lol:

same thot...but keeping a spare is a must...wanted another 16GB Class 6 but cannot find in most places I went...so settled with Kingston 16GB Class 4 :tsk:

with the amount of heat it generates...not sure whether a 32GB is a good idea or not... :becky: for that reason, my PM is set at 2hrs Parking Mode instead of longer...:hand:

Guest desmondtoo

lightning wrote:

must be damn ex man... how many GB? care to share the damage? :becky:

Can't remember how many GB...I think it's a free 8GB Class 4, I top up $10 to class 10. :becky:

Guest lightning

desmondtoo wrote:

Can't remember how many GB...I think it's a free 8GB Class 4, I top up $10 to class 10. :becky:

easier to find the lower GB with higher class...but when come to 16GB and above it seems harder to find class 6 or higher leh :confused:

Guest lightning

apple088 wrote:

Yeah Record chio bu crossing at traffic light .... see their fog lights bouncing !!!!

hahaha...you notti notti ... and as bro subaru67 always say...but I like! :bounce: