• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Installing Blackvue Full HD - DR400G

Guest lightning

Hi all

Just some feedback on the Blackvue DR400G. Installed this for almost a month now. One for the front and one for the back. For those who park their car in a shelter this is something for you. I have on numerous occassion have problems with the device when car is parked under the sun. The device will prompt you to check the SD card and when you view it, you will find horizontal streaks and picture will be affected to the point you cannot recognise the car model which you are capturing let alone the car plate number. The device itself is also very hot and even when you retrieve the SD card, it is sometimes too hot to hold. So for those who wants to use Blackvue and park your car out in the open, do take note.

I experienced the same problems when the unit is under direct sunlight. Too hot and the unit goes cranky...

I updated my BlackVue to the latest V1.039 today. When I insert my SD card, instead of telling me that the device is updating, it keeps prompting me that "The Version Information Is Different" I tried installing v1.038 with the same results. Have already reformatted the SD card using the Reformat Software provided on the BlackVue Singapore site. Anyone has any idea how to solve this issue?

Managed to solve the issue. Realize that I went straight from V1.037 to v1.039, and bypassed the v1.038 update. I managed to find v1.037 online, and updated it one version at a time. All is working well now, for those who are planning to upgrade their software/firmware, do take note!