• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W203 - how to give it more "life" ?

Guest Spidy

Guest Cerano

Trex81 wrote:

Bro, U mentioned Brisk silver LGS in the earlier post. So to clarify, LGS cannot be used is that correct?

bro

pai seh typo. premium lgs cannot be used...

only silver racing

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Trex81

Cerano wrote:

bro

pai seh typo. premium lgs cannot be used...

only silver racing

Steady.. Can PM me the distributor address/contact? hee... tempted to change liao..

Guest Cerano

Trex81 wrote:

Steady.. Can PM me the distributor address/contact? hee... tempted to change liao..

yes its very good stuff

after changing, immediately you can hear the difference in idling from the stock boschs

err

here you go

NyQuist Technology Pte Ltd

Block 3016

Bedok North Ave 4,

#06-26, EasTech

SINGAPORE 489947

Cellphone: +65- 9382 0113

Office: +65 – 6246 1858

i think autobacs is more ex

Guest sky55

Trex81 wrote:

Saturday 10 Jul 2010 - W203ers Meet up

Venue: Kallang Leisure Park, Carpark F

Time: 1330hrs

1. SGBB - 3 finned grille, schatz tips (hp 90935696)

2. S40AT - Cosmentic upgrade :3 fin grill, twin tail pipes, did some minor repairs and hv a Repair manual for W203 (Hp 98328303) - Car plate SDA6868X

3. Trex81 -Stock AMG package from C&C - (HP 98195383) - Car plate 1888 (Im coming!!!)

4. Sky 55 (Tentative?)

Hi guys,

SGBB & me (Trex 81 too:)) decide to make it happen, even if its a small turn out. Even no fancy mods to oogle, just catch Kopi & get to know who ever turns up. We can continue to do our other Saturday stuffs :-)

Give us a call in we not around our cars (listed my car plate), as probably catching Kopi in aircon place. Cheers! :)

S40AT - Alex

Hey bro's of W203, i have made my first move....going for fresh paint job....and yes, bro Sean....I'm going for the 977 full body rework....it will be done in 1 week plus time.....anyway, i will be flying out tomorrow....so looking forward for the next meetup!!!

Guest s40at

Cerano wrote:

should drag the 3 hehehe

bro next time you service

should go to mobil1 gold /redline fully synt

sparks swap out to Brisk Silver LGS

Air filter go to hurricane! sure got improvement one

as for tuning through the OBD port, the adjustable parameters are very limited and wont really make much of a difference.

The ECU is from Siemens and as mentioned before, cant be cracked even now...

therefore the only way is to use a piggyback ECU like the Kleemann K-box or the Renntech RAT or

Unichip.

Thanks Bro,

I tend to stay with big reputable established company, after years of modifying cars and working in the auto trade for 7 years previously. Anyway, below are just my own opinions and not meant to advise anyone for going for or against certain products or brands :-)

Sparkplugs - Stuck with Bosch as they are OEM to MB, as the origin of Brisk is Czeh, which dont have as strong automotive history as some other european countries. E.g. Italy strong motor racing cutlture, but I stay away from Italian electric or electronics stuffs. Stebel horns are loud but compare the quality of the plastics to the bosch or Hella horns and you know what I mean.

NGK, ND, Bosch, Beru are all strong spark plugs/ignition players, and there are tons of "peformance spark plugs" brands that come and go over the years. I dont want to risk misfiring of my cyliners in case 1 or 2 plugs fail!

Air filter - I have been a firmed advocate of K&N filters as they have been around for a long time as a performance air flow players; and even used by the USAF when they went into the first Gulf war/Desert Storm, so you can go too far off.

However for our car, i have been running on stock filters made by Knect, who OEM for Merc. As our engines are fed by Kompressor, I have read that the high suction air flow sucks out the oil from the filter and cause several potential problems, e.g. oil contaminating the "hot wire" of the Air flow sensor/meter etc. Thus decided not to take the risk.

Hurricane Filters - As these are metal mesh, it dirt trapping capabilties is not as good as the paper/cotten fibre types. One of the W203's bro fitted one of his car, and another bro that day has commented that over time, the metal mesh actually disintegrate and send metal particles into your car innards!

Our standard filters have suprisingly good air flow and Merc actually recommends it to be changed only after 80K km or 4 years! So i stay on the safe side :-)

I am looking to update my car, its looks dated with my old rims after looking at all those W203s. Anyone got any 17" rims to let go that can fit my 2006 W203? ; )

S40AT

Guest s40at

kepiting1sg wrote:

Will be very interesting to look at the dyno results! :becky:

Especially the reflashed C180 to C200 knowingly that the stock ECU is locked.

Furthermore the C200 has a higher engine compression ration compare to the C180.

I am told that the 20 hp difference is attained by the different piston head design beside having a different ECU mapping between the C180 & C200.

For the uni-chipped C180, did the tuner physically took out the ecu, rechipped it and put it back?

Interesting!

Will leave the 2 x relevant brothers to comment on the above...maybe they busy or want to lie low..hehe

The Uni-chip module simply has a few wires running into the original ECU; and you need to find a cool condusive location to mount it.

How was the Meet up over the weekend? Any W203s? When SGBB reminded me yesterday, I was out mountain biking & decided againt rushing down as I was all dirty!

S40AT

Guest kepiting1sg

s40at wrote:

Will leave the 2 x relevant brothers to comment on the above...maybe they busy or want to lie low..hehe

The Uni-chip module simply has a few wires running into the original ECU; and you need to find a cool condusive location to mount it.

How was the Meet up over the weekend? Any W203s? When SGBB reminded me yesterday, I was out mountain biking & decided againt rushing down as I was all dirty!

S40AT

It was a very rare occasion!

Yesterday I think only Ah Wong W204 and not a single W203.!

Guest Cerano

s40at wrote:

Thanks Bro,

I tend to stay with big reputable established company, after years of modifying cars and working in the auto trade for 7 years previously. Anyway, below are just my own opinions and not meant to advise anyone for going for or against certain products or brands :-)

Sparkplugs - Stuck with Bosch as they are OEM to MB, as the origin of Brisk is Czeh, which dont have as strong automotive history as some other european countries. E.g. Italy strong motor racing cutlture, but I stay away from Italian electric or electronics stuffs. Stebel horns are loud but compare the quality of the plastics to the bosch or Hella horns and you know what I mean.

NGK, ND, Bosch, Beru are all strong spark plugs/ignition players, and there are tons of "peformance spark plugs" brands that come and go over the years. I dont want to risk misfiring of my cyliners in case 1 or 2 plugs fail!

Air filter - I have been a firmed advocate of K&N filters as they have been around for a long time as a performance air flow players; and even used by the USAF when they went into the first Gulf war/Desert Storm, so you can go too far off.

However for our car, i have been running on stock filters made by Knect, who OEM for Merc. As our engines are fed by Kompressor, I have read that the high suction air flow sucks out the oil from the filter and cause several potential problems, e.g. oil contaminating the "hot wire" of the Air flow sensor/meter etc. Thus decided not to take the risk.

Hurricane Filters - As these are metal mesh, it dirt trapping capabilties is not as good as the paper/cotten fibre types. One of the W203's bro fitted one of his car, and another bro that day has commented that over time, the metal mesh actually disintegrate and send metal particles into your car innards!

Our standard filters have suprisingly good air flow and Merc actually recommends it to be changed only after 80K km or 4 years! So i stay on the safe side :-)

I am looking to update my car, its looks dated with my old rims after looking at all those W203s. Anyone got any 17" rims to let go that can fit my 2006 W203? ; )

S40AT

Hi Bro

I can personally vouch for the quality of the Brisk Spark plugs. You can feel that they are better than the OEM ones immediately from the idling sound. Its much smoother and quieter. Ive used it for 9 months now and no issues at all.

I have actually spoken to the hurricane distributor and in fact the mesh size has been reduced very much so and so the particle trapping ability is very good now! Ive used this for around 10 months now and also no issues. Only a regular cleaning/ washing every 2 months. It doesnt disintegrate and it helps the pickup but if you're a high mileage driver then better stay with paper! Because personally i change my EO every 4-5k so even if there is more dirt, it doesnt affect me alot.

K&N i have heard of the oiling problems yes but not that common though...

Keep modding

Cheers

Guest Spidy

Lost in outspace liao. What is flash and what is chip ? What are the differents ? Brands and price for the 2 ? (comparison if there exist)

Seems like for w203 it is better to chip ? or is there such things as both ?

sorry to sound stupid, because really no clue here.

sound very tempting that I can get my c180 to be like a c200.

Guest Spidy

Do anyone know whether our old w203 has chromatic side mirror ? I know the rear mirror has that feature but am wondering whether the side mirrors have it as well.

If not is there any aftermarket "upgrade" available ?

Guest kepiting1sg

Spidy wrote:

Lost in outspace liao. What is flash and what is chip ? What are the differents ? Brands and price for the 2 ? (comparison if there exist)

Seems like for w203 it is better to chip ? or is there such things as both ?

sorry to sound stupid, because really no clue here.

sound very tempting that I can get my c180 to be like a c200.

6 years ago, I bought a W203 C180 which was $12k cheaper than a C200 at that time. After spending time & $$$ to get the power of the C180 to be like C200 or better, I surrendered after many attempts!

kepiting1sg wrote:

6 years ago, I bought a W203 C180 which was $12k cheaper than a C200 at that time. After spending time & $$$ to get the power of the C180 to be like C200 or better, I surrendered after many attempts!

:Cry: Precious Lesson - Just get the best you can afford & be contented :Cry:

Guest sky55

sgbb wrote:

sweeeee......977 is nice :) where are u doing?

Doing it at MSP, going for a full repaint...hopefully it come out as chio as yours....I'm really looking forward to see it......

Guest sky55

sgbb wrote:

:D good luck. text me when its done.~!!!

Hello bro sean, already collected my car...now that's is sweet....really like the paintwork and can really differentiate between a silver and a maclaren silver....really nice color...i like it alot....now time to look for a sweet rim to match my new paintwork....

Guest sky55

sgbb wrote:

=) have a gd hunt....btw, i thought u have already changed your rims? wahaha

mine is stock 16" rim, think it was alex and the trex81 that had changed...in fact all of u guys very souped up except me....still stocky....

Let's do another round of mini meetup...this time round got place to sit down, relac and talk abt our car.....

Guest Cklasse

Mine is as stock as it can be.:becky:

I only change;

1. 17" AMG rims (given to me as a bait for me to sign the paper during purchase )

2. stock halogen to xenon (bought used from someone who sold his C-class)

3. hurricane filter

That's all for a good 6.5 years now......haha..

Guest sky55

Guys, love to do it....however my time is a constraint as i'm flying out on the 8/8....not able to do it these 3 weeks as I will be out of town for awhile....sighed....

haahaaa...

we can do the meetup on the 7th Aug at 1900hrs at Kallang Mac as Cklasse has suggested.

so sky5: u have no excuses~!!!

wahahaha...

it has been some time since we have met up too.