• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W203 - how to give it more "life" ?

Guest Spidy

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kepiting1sg

sky55 wrote:

Hi guys, need some quick advice on the spare parts....my driver side door panel handle is broken. Need to have it replace. Where will i be able to find this handle?

hahahaha! Common W203 problem.:becky:

Happened to many of us after the ride is a few years.

Got mine change at MBM previously for <$100 (>2 yrs ago)

kepiting1sg wrote:

hahahaha! Common W203 problem.:becky:

Happened to many of us after the ride is a few years.

Got mine change at MBM previously for <$100 (>2 yrs ago)

thanks, then i guess i got to make a trip down to MBM to have it replace.

Guest w203_c180

Mine also spoilt! omg, happened so commonly... is it possible to use super glue to it? must hold the bottom of the handle then can... hold too high will break

sky55 wrote:

Guest kepiting1sg

w203_c180 wrote:

Mine also spoilt! omg, happened so commonly... is it possible to use super glue to it? must hold the bottom of the handle then can... hold too high will break

It's a common defect in W203 especially after 3 yrs warranty period is over....hahahah!

On a serious note, it happened to almost all the W203 ride.

Not too sure U can glued it back!

kepiting1sg wrote:

It's a common defect in W203 especially after 3 yrs warranty period is over....hahahah!

On a serious note, it happened to almost all the W203 ride.

Not too sure U can glued it back!

i glue mine back. make sure u use Sellery Super Glue with "shock proof" not sure if this is a marketing gimmick but after using, my "new" handle is as solid as rock haha.

forget too add - damage $ 5.15 with 70% glue left for the next handle if it were to break

Guest w203_c180

bro, u saved 100 bucks...u can setup a stall to help pple glue and charge 50 bucks!

sky55 wrote:

j888 wrote:

i glue mine back. make sure u use Sellery Super Glue with "shock proof" not sure if this is a marketing gimmick but after using, my "new" handle is as solid as rock haha.

forget too add - damage $ 5.15 with 70% glue left for the next handle if it were to break

w203_c180 wrote:

bro, u saved 100 bucks...u can setup a stall to help pple glue and charge 50 bucks!

no need....i used to be handy man but decided to give it a skip this time...already done it at MBM....now handle is really brand new....cos my right side is the old one....hahaha....cost me less than a hundred to get it done nicely.....

looking at MBM, i feel that this is really a workshop that knows look pro....comparable to C&C....next servicing definitely give it a try at the workshop.....

Guest w203_c180

bro how much u paid

sky55 wrote:

no need....i used to be handy man but decided to give it a skip this time...already done it at MBM....now handle is really brand new....cos my right side is the old one....hahaha....cost me less than a hundred to get it done nicely.....

looking at MBM, i feel that this is really a workshop that knows look pro....comparable to C&C....next servicing definitely give it a try at the workshop.....

w203_c180 wrote:

bro how much u paid

bro, u never read my thread carefully lah....i got it for less than a 100. Best to call them and make appt to get it fix....the fix is fast....less than 30 mins....done....

Guest w203_c180

9 dollars is less than 100, 99 is also less than 100

thats why asking ma...hahaha....i m a young benzer...lol...

sky55 wrote:

bro, u never read my thread carefully lah....i got it for less than a 100. Best to call them and make appt to get it fix....the fix is fast....less than 30 mins....done....

w203_c180 wrote:

9 dollars is less than 100, 99 is also less than 100

thats why asking ma...hahaha....i m a young benzer...lol...

bro, i guess u are really young to drive a merc....try your luck at the scrap yard then, that's what i can suggest......

Guest w203_c180

hey guys, i went to install led stripes to my car! so cool!!! wow, love it. guys, if let say i wanna change the interior trim and every thing is stock grey in colour, what trim kit should i get? i dont like the wooden type... any suggestion? will grey match with fibre carbon or grey with brushed aluminum? just want your opinion. Thanks.

w203_c180 wrote:

hey guys, i went to install led stripes to my car! so cool!!! wow, love it. guys, if let say i wanna change the interior trim and every thing is stock grey in colour, what trim kit should i get? i dont like the wooden type... any suggestion? will grey match with fibre carbon or grey with brushed aluminum? just want your opinion. Thanks.

Gosh... Led stripes on a merc....you should try www.mbworld.org

A lot of W203s there with customised trimming.

Guest w203_c180

thanks for the website. i lined half the headlights, bottom half and then put 2 straight lines on the bumper. damn cool...cool white lights... looks like audi...

snappy wrote:

Gosh... Led stripes on a merc....you should try www.mbworld.org

A lot of W203s there with customised trimming.

Pardon my ignorance... I'm never a fan of led stripes... IMHO, those with led stripes on their ride looks more like "Chingay-ready" parade cars...

If I'm not wrong, you might be stopped by TP as I think it is illegal.

Dun flame me ah... Just my 2 cents...

Guest w203_c180

haha... thanks for feedback, yes it's illegal, my windows tint are illegal too! lol... well, led is done tastefully, not trigger happy type, put at right position... so it got the audi effect, new mercs also got this...

snappy wrote:

Pardon my ignorance... I'm never a fan of led stripes... IMHO, those with led stripes on their ride looks more like "Chingay-ready" parade cars...

If I'm not wrong, you might be stopped by TP as I think it is illegal.

Dun flame me ah... Just my 2 cents...

Guest w203_c180

maybe i bought a car too "old" for me, trying to make it younger! pple always term mercs as daddy's car...i'm in my 20s...haha...so make it more sporty! make it very fierce and aggressive!

Guest blackmercs

w203_c180 wrote:

maybe i bought a car too "old" for me, trying to make it younger! pple always term mercs as daddy's car...i'm in my 20s...haha...so make it more sporty! make it very fierce and aggressive!

Nah Mercs nowdays is no more for oldies!! U r the few rare one at this age driving such a MATURE model, not old. Show us yr mod by posting the pics here or starts yr own thread. Did u go for meetups? U shld if u love to mods & you can ask question & get reply on the spot!! Btw too much LED will makes yr ride like non conti hor but who cares as long as u r happy!! C u around ya!!

Guest w203_c180

haha, mature model...havent got to meet up anyone, i would love to! yeah, mature model... hehe... blackmercs, u still having w203? or got more than one mercs? and is your mercs black? hehe

blackmercs wrote:

Nah Mercs nowdays is no more for oldies!! U r the few rare one at this age driving such a MATURE model, not old. Show us yr mod by posting the pics here or starts yr own thread. Did u go for meetups? U shld if u love to mods & you can ask question & get reply on the spot!! Btw too much LED will makes yr ride like non conti hor but who cares as long as u r happy!! C u around ya!!