• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W203 - how to give it more "life" ?

Guest Spidy

Guest kepiting1sg

vratenza wrote:

I cannot find the D1S HID headlamp assembly for W203 on ebay, only D2S available.

I read that D1S is the improved version replacing D2S right? any difference in performance?

So if I really want D1S HID, that will mean I have to get the aftermarket projector headlamp (meant for use with H7 halogen bulbs) and then retrofit the D1S HID kit to it. The problem with this route is that the ballast may not be as stealth as a D2S HID equipped W203 projector headlamp set:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BALLAST-MOUNTED-01-05-06-07-MERCEDES-W203-HID-HEADLIGHT-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem27b53e9aeaQQitemZ170544503530QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

If U want D1S, then you get projector headlamp set with D1S mounting & ballast and U can change the D1S bulbs to 6000k if U like

I U want H7, then you get projector headlamp set with H7 mounting and change to after market H7 HID set with 6000k color if U want to.

If U get get D2S, then U get the projector headlamp set with D2S & ballast and change the D2S bulbs to 6000k color if U want.

There's no diff. in the perf between D1S & D2S - It just the mounting.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest snappy

vratenza wrote:

If you hate sounds in your ride, I strongly advise against window visors as they will have wind vibration noise from 90-100kph onwards....the principle is the same for all brands and design.

Had it once on a car I used to drive many years ago and since then avoid them like plague.

:whistle:

Ye man... forgot about this problem...

Used to have it on my 3 previous rides but they were all original stuff, hence no wind noise. If aftermarkets, think will have issue.

Guest kepiting1sg

w203_c180 wrote:

hello guys!

I m new here, didnt know got a forum for mercs and for w203!

A warm welcome :welcome: to the forum!

Hope U enjoy your stay here!

Join us @ our mthly GTG - last Sun of each mth - Kallang Stadium Car Park F from 4.30 onwards

Guest kepiting1sg

w203_c180 wrote:

hello, thanks for the warm welcome, havent zhng my car yet... should learn from u guys! nice to meet u guys!

Join us in our GTG and the kakies here will poison U without antidotes:becky:

My previous W203 C180 pics:-

IMG_0035-1.jpg?t=1286014619

front.jpg?t=1286012284

IMG_0030-1.jpg?t=1286014361

amgbrabus2.jpg?t=1286012681

doorsillpedal.jpg?t=1286012727

Guest w203_c180

omg, u zhnged so much on your c180!!!....how much did u spend? must have cost a bomb! how did u get double exhaust? wah, got kleemann, got brabus, got amg... did u also do ecu remapping??? haha, slowly zhng and give a new look! just to check, u got the amg body kit? so did u get all your stuff from one workshop or did u get your stuff from ebay and then ask a workshop to do up for u? haha, i m very junior in age, so need to save up too...lol...in my 20s only...but really wanna do a revamp for my car, been driving a while, abit dull and too old for me....car salesman told me that colour best for merc and i took it. iridium silver, apprently i dun think so...it's golden / silver, changes colour in sunlight...i considering white or black...feng shui reasons too...hehe...then maybe change the grille and hood emblem...make it sporty ... then do u redo your upholstery? give me some tips, where to get tires, which workshops for what...of coz got a few, just wanna know where u all go to etc...thanks for sharing!!! damn cool

Guest blackmercs

w203_c180 wrote:

omg, u zhnged so much on your c180!!!....how much did u spend? must have cost a bomb! how did u get double exhaust? wah, got kleemann, got brabus, got amg... did u also do ecu remapping??? haha, slowly zhng and give a new look! just to check, u got the amg body kit? so did u get all your stuff from one workshop or did u get your stuff from ebay and then ask a workshop to do up for u? haha, i m very junior in age, so need to save up too...lol...in my 20s only...but really wanna do a revamp for my car, been driving a while, abit dull and too old for me....car salesman told me that colour best for merc and i took it. iridium silver, apprently i dun think so...it's golden / silver, changes colour in sunlight...i considering white or black...feng shui reasons too...hehe...then maybe change the grille and hood emblem...make it sporty ... then do u redo your upholstery? give me some tips, where to get tires, which workshops for what...of coz got a few, just wanna know where u all go to etc...thanks for sharing!!! damn cool

Hmm OT abit, wat did u knows abt Feng shui for color black car?

As for unker mods, if he replies this thread will hv at least 100 pages!! Infact he shld write a Memoir for his mods!!

Unker save the hassel, write each mod once more & sticker it!!!

Guest kepiting1sg

w203_c180 wrote:

In brief:-

Full Lorinser Kit - Front Bumper, Rear Bumper, Side Skirts, Roof Spoiler, Boot Lid Spoiler c/w Lorinser Exhaust (LTA approved)

C32 AMG Front Brakes

Original HID Headlamps from Borsch

Brabus Monblock VI

All above from Benzline

Kleemann K-Box, Pulley Kit, Fuel Pump, C230 Supercharger. (Done by MBM)

Cum to the GTG & we can tok abt poisons!....many more....hahaha!:becky:

Guest kepiting1sg

vratenza wrote:

Nice leh!

Damn tempted...but since my inspection is due in less than a year....it's either I go the more stealthy projector+HID or hold the mod till after my inspection...

MTL lah!

IMHO,

With projector lamps, they will think they are originals.

Best is to hide the ballasts!

Guest blackmercs

w203_c180 wrote:

its not abt black coloured cars, it's your own feng shui, what is your lucky colours....mine happened to be black,white, blue...

I see, coz didn't hearsay Feng shui got to do with car color!! :)

snappy wrote:

Nice!!! Side view of yr car & interior lighting & rear licence plate light? Is it direct plug & play for all the bulbs except the HID?

Guest st8800

kepiting1sg wrote:

In brief:-

Full Lorinser Kit - Front Bumper, Rear Bumper, Side Skirts, Roof Spoiler, Boot Lid Spoiler c/w Lorinser Exhaust (LTA approved)

C32 AMG Front Brakes

Original HID Headlamps from Borsch

Brabus Monblock VI

All above from Benzline

Kleemann K-Box, Pulley Kit, Fuel Pump, C230 Supercharger. (Done by MBM)

Cum to the GTG & we can tok abt poisons!....many more....hahaha!:becky:

Wah unker... your C180 looks exactly like my C200K 203 bought in 2001. Difference was yours on AMG rims.... mine was on FAB rims. Mine also full Lorinser kit. Loved that car but very unlucky.... crush within 3 weeks from taking keys from C&C and again 1 year later. Was in workshop for 3mths+ the 1st time and 2 months+ 2nd time. Then got retrenched in 2002 and sold the car.

Bought at 179k and sold at 135k in 1.5yrs. Lost a lot of money on it. Really very sway car for me. :Cry:

Guest blackmercs

vratenza wrote:

Nice leh!

Damn tempted...but since my inspection is due in less than a year....it's either I go the more stealthy projector+HID or hold the mod till after my inspection...

No worries just do first when due for inspection take out & reinstall for HID :)

Guest kepiting1sg

st8800 wrote:

Wah unker... your C180 looks exactly like my C200K 203 bought in 2001. Difference was yours on AMG rims.... mine was on FAB rims. Mine also full Lorinser kit. Loved that car but very unlucky.... crush within 3 weeks from taking keys from C&C and again 1 year later. Was in workshop for 3mths+ the 1st time and 2 months+ 2nd time. Then got retrenched in 2002 and sold the car.

Bought at 179k and sold at 135k in 1.5yrs. Lost a lot of money on it. Really very sway car for me. :Cry:

Mine were not AMG rims but Brabus Monblock VI

Sold my ride to my younger Bro - My loss his gain 5 yrs 50k km nia!

Guest snappy

vratenza wrote:

Nice leh!

IMHO, don't think will fail inspection.. unless if u go for 8K and above. My previous ride pass inspection even when my HID foglights are on. But they fail me cos the headlight is 8k. In the end I change back to stock 4k for inspection. The headlights mod done by Blackgod looks original. A hole is drilled on the center of the back casing, and a waterproofing insulation was plugged in. The ballast was hidden in the bumper. So even if the officer pop the bonnet, nothing can be seen.

Guest snappy

blackmercs wrote:

Nice!!! Side view of yr car & interior lighting & rear licence plate light? Is it direct plug & play for all the bulbs except the HID?

Here are the pics:

5046671157_d006e4bfe2.jpg

5047268958_7bc58448d8.jpg

5046643659_d583b53ff8.jpg

5047264724_db1706b1dc_m.jpg

5046645473_a2dbce791c.jpg

Note: Actual lighting is whiter than pics.

Direct plug and play for all interior bulbs. License plate light and front pole light requires splicing of cables for adding resistors.

Guest vratenza

snappy wrote:

Here are the pics:

5046671157_d006e4bfe2.jpg

5047268958_7bc58448d8.jpg

5046643659_d583b53ff8.jpg

5047264724_db1706b1dc_m.jpg

5046645473_a2dbce791c.jpg

Note: Actual lighting is whiter than pics.

Direct plug and play for all interior bulbs. License plate light and front pole light requires splicing of cables for adding resistors.

Very nice!

Do you think can post up a pic of the engine bay view of the HID ballast and wiring management by the installer?

I have seen some slipshod HID installations whereby the ballast is just attached to any nearest available mounting point.

Thanks in advance..it will help me greatly in my decision to install.

Guest vratenza

Another way to give it more "life" is to rewrap the steering wheel.:becky:

Mine was already worn and smooth...plus the fact that it is a little "thin" to hold. So decided to get it rewrapped. I asked the workshop to leave the original leather and wrap a new piece over it.... the workmanship is pretty good.

I chose the leather type (best grade available for the color because you don't want to stinge on something that you come in contact with all the time while you are in the car) and color that best match the interior...well not 100% match but I'm not too anal about it... most important is that now it feels so much nicer (new car feel) and the grip thickness is just right now!:whistle:

P1030998.jpg

Guest snappy

vratenza wrote:

Very nice!

Do you think can post up a pic of the engine bay view of the HID ballast and wiring management by the installer?

I have seen some slipshod HID installations whereby the ballast is just attached to any nearest available mounting point.

Thanks in advance..it will help me greatly in my decision to install.

Here's a pic of the headlight back cover:

5057502722_fd9e92a750.jpg