• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W203 - how to give it more "life" ?

Guest Spidy

Guest sky55

sgbb wrote:

Saturday 10 Jul 2010 - W203ers Meet up

1. SGBB

2. S40AT

3. Trex81 (any timing?)

_________

what about 1800hrs at Carpark F, the one opposite Kallang Leisure Mall?

If time allow, i will pop by........

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest s40at

sgbb wrote:

what time will you guys like it to be?

pls advise.

maybe we can put our contact numbers as well?

I have to leave around 3.30pm latest this Saturday; so morning or lunch will be best. My mod & number below. What mods have u guys done on yr ride?

Saturday 10 Jul 2010 (TBA?) - W203ers Meet up

1. SGBB

2. S40AT - Cosmentic upgrade :3 fin grill, twin tail pipes, did some minor repairs and hv a Repair manual for W203 (Hp 98328303)

3. Trex81

4. Sky 55 (Tentative?)

Guest sgbb

s40at wrote:

I have to leave around 3.30pm latest this Saturday; so morning or lunch will be best. My mod & number below. What mods have u guys done on yr ride?

Saturday 10 Jul 2010 (TBA?) - W203ers Meet up

Venue: Kallang Leisure Park, Carpark F

Time: 1300hrs

1. SGBB - 3 finned grille, schatz tips (hp 90935696)

2. S40AT - Cosmentic upgrade :3 fin grill, twin tail pipes, did some minor repairs and hv a Repair manual for W203 (Hp 98328303)

3. Trex81

4. Sky 55 (Tentative?)

pls amend accordingly.

Guest s40at

Time: 1330hrs

2. S40AT - Cosmentic upgrade :3 fin grill, twin tail pipes, did some minor repairs and hv a Repair manual for W203 (Hp 98328303) - Car plate SDA6868X

3. Trex81

4. Sky 55 (Tentative?)

Hi guys,

SGBB & me decide to make it happen, even if its a small turn out. Even no fancy mods to oogle, just catch Kopi & get to know who ever turns up. We can continue to do our other Saturday stuffs :-)

Give us a call in we not around our cars (listed my car plate), as probably catching Kopi in aircon place. Cheers! :)

S40AT - Alex

Guest Trex81

2. S40AT - Cosmentic upgrade :3 fin grill, twin tail pipes, did some minor repairs and hv a Repair manual for W203 (Hp 98328303) - Car plate SDA6868X

3. Trex81 -Stock AMG package from C&C - (HP 98195383) - Car plate 1888 (Im coming!!!)

4. Sky 55 (Tentative?)

Hi guys,

SGBB & me (Trex 81 too:)) decide to make it happen, even if its a small turn out. Even no fancy mods to oogle, just catch Kopi & get to know who ever turns up. We can continue to do our other Saturday stuffs :-)

Give us a call in we not around our cars (listed my car plate), as probably catching Kopi in aircon place. Cheers! :)

S40AT - Alex

Guest s40at

Trex81 wrote:

Venue: Kallang Leisure Park, Carpark G (Changed from F as SAF occupying it for NDP)

2. S40AT - Cosmetic upgrade :3 fin grill, twin tail pipes, did some minor repairs and hv a Repair manual for W203 (Hp 98328303) - Car plate SDA6868X

3. Trex81 -Stock AMG package from C&C - (HP 98195383) - Car plate 1888 (Im coming!!!)

4. Sky 55 (Tentative?)

Hi guys,

SGBB, Trex81 & me decided to make it happen, even if its a small turn out. Even no fancy mods to oogle, just catch Kopi & get to know who ever turns up. We can continue to do our other Saturday stuffs :-)

S40AT - Alex

Take note of above. Changed to Car park G as CarPark F used as staging area by SAF for NDP rehersal!

Guest Cerano

kepiting1sg wrote:

If U are goin - I might wanna cum too but can U gimme a ride cos grooming my ride tmr?

hi unker sure thing but today i never go.... bogged up with alot of stuff

unker next time maybe can sms me because i sometimes never check here so never see your post. sms faster

sorry bros will see you all at the monthly meet

Cerano wrote:

3-drive is like sprintbooster but adjustable. its a throttle controller

just saw yr sms bro. :) the 3 drive is good, got rid of the much hated delay in response from acceleration.

i installed the taiwan version. cheaper. think there's a lot in the market now.

to bro sgbb,

sprint booster= piviot 3 drive = velocity = violence d drive = d max

all same usage

Guest s40at

Hi guys,

Thanks for the good meet up last Saturday!

The 4 x W203ers came in different configurations and stages of mods. 1 x ride in McLaren Silver, 2 x 3-Fins grills in black & silver car to help those thinking how this grill will look on your ride, 1 x AMG kit with twin AMG exhaust, and 1 x Stock for us to compare. We also found some small differences under our bonnets so it was a fruitful meet up despite the short notice and short meet up (2.5 hours).

Also managed to compare the performance between a reflashed C180 (to C200) & a Unichip-ed C180 :-)

I cant put up my pics (how did Trex 81 do it?), so below is a link. WIll email those who has given me their emails.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?id=524398920&pid=4475215#!/photo.php?id=524398920&pid=4475190&fbid=430439193920

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?id=524398920&pid=4475215#!/photo.php?id=524398920&pid=4475215&fbid=430440123920

Cheers & have a good weekend ahead !

S40AT

Guest s40at

Cerano wrote:

How did the tunes compare?

I drove the "chipped C180" version and could fell a significant difference from the stock C180. The "Flashed C180" version felt not much difference from the "chipped" version. i.e. "Chipped" or "flashed" version both has significant improvement over the stock C180.

The "Flashed" owner droved the "chipped" version and felt not much difference; thus validaing that chipped or flashed perform the same ..... however the "flashed" version has very good mileage; hitting 700km on some tanks driving on highways & some urban; rolling on 18 inch rims and 4 pots brembo upfront.

I was really impressed with both mods but after the meet up, realised that there is another variable - that our engine ECU will adapt to our driving style. I.e. if you are a "cheongster" it will perform as such and if u are a "light footer", the car will be smoother but slower...What if all means is that unless I drive all the 3 cars for a month and no one touches it, the 3 cars will have learned my style. So another test driver takes it for a spin and do a comparsion will thus get a better comparison....and all there are based on feel!

hehe...so maybe all 3 cars should queue up at a same dyno station and get it tested to have a more accurate report!

Last, i just send my car for Service A and was talking to the wkshp owner who has a OBD reader and has some limited ability to do some adjustements on some parameters. Got him to set the specs to max performance (he warned me of possible increased fuel consumption) and will see how it goes.

However another learning point here - i should have drove it first for a while without any changes and got him to set it later. Now I cant really tell where the improvement came from because I am using a different oil (Shell Helix Ultra 10w-40), new Bosch platinum spark plugs and beside oil & air filter changes, also changed the Fuel Filter (which I was told, no body bother to get this part changed) ! haha..so talk note of this learning point if u planned to so something like that! :-)

Cheers & have a good week for all!

S40AT

Guest kepiting1sg

s40at wrote:

hehe...so maybe all 3 cars should queue up at a same dyno station and get it tested to have a more accurate report!

S40AT

Will be very interesting to look at the dyno results! :becky:

Especially the reflashed C180 to C200 knowingly that the stock ECU is locked.

Furthermore the C200 has a higher engine compression ration compare to the C180.

I am told that the 20 hp difference is attained by the different piston head design beside having a different ECU mapping between the C180 & C200.

For the uni-chipped C180, did the tuner physically took out the ecu, rechipped it and put it back?

Interesting!

Guest Cerano

s40at wrote:

I drove the "chipped C180" version and could fell a significant difference from the stock C180. The "Flashed C180" version felt not much difference from the "chipped" version. i.e. "Chipped" or "flashed" version both has significant improvement over the stock C180.

The "Flashed" owner droved the "chipped" version and felt not much difference; thus validaing that chipped or flashed perform the same ..... however the "flashed" version has very good mileage; hitting 700km on some tanks driving on highways & some urban; rolling on 18 inch rims and 4 pots brembo upfront.

I was really impressed with both mods but after the meet up, realised that there is another variable - that our engine ECU will adapt to our driving style. I.e. if you are a "cheongster" it will perform as such and if u are a "light footer", the car will be smoother but slower...What if all means is that unless I drive all the 3 cars for a month and no one touches it, the 3 cars will have learned my style. So another test driver takes it for a spin and do a comparsion will thus get a better comparison....and all there are based on feel!

Last, i just send my car for Service A and was talking to the wkshp owner who has a OBD reader and has some limited ability to do some adjustements on some parameters. Got him to set the specs to max performance (he warned me of possible increased fuel consumption) and will see how it goes.

However another learning point here - i should have drove it first for a while without any changes and got him to set it later. Now I cant really tell where the improvement came from because I am using a different oil (Shell Helix Ultra 10w-40), new Bosch platinum spark plugs and beside oil & air filter changes, also changed the Fuel Filter (which I was told, no body bother to get this part changed) ! haha..so talk note of this learning point if u planned to so something like that! :-)

S40AT

should drag the 3 hehehe

bro next time you service

should go to mobil1 gold /redline fully synt

sparks swap out to Brisk Silver LGS

Air filter go to hurricane! sure got improvement one

as for tuning through the OBD port, the adjustable parameters are very limited and wont really make much of a difference.

The ECU is from Siemens and as mentioned before, cant be cracked even now...

therefore the only way is to use a piggyback ECU like the Kleemann K-box or the Renntech RAT or

Unichip.

Guest Cerano

Trex81 wrote:

Cerano, where to get brisk spark plugs and what's the damage pls?

Hi bro

I paid ~30 per pc i think not sure

For our M271 we can only run the silver plugs not the premium LGS so get that

MBM stocks it but you can get slightly better pricing outside i think

try to look around. i got mine from the distributor themselves

Guest Trex81

Cerano wrote:

Hi bro

I paid ~30 per pc i think not sure

For our M271 we can only run the silver plugs not the premium LGS so get that

MBM stocks it but you can get slightly better pricing outside i think

try to look around. i got mine from the distributor themselves

Bro, U mentioned Brisk silver LGS in the earlier post. So to clarify, LGS cannot be used is that correct?