• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W203 - how to give it more "life" ?

Guest Spidy

Guest Tommy Tan

Spidy wrote:

Hi Tommy,

very sui !

Do you have the "filmsy" grill problem as mentioned by s40at and sgbb ?

or may be the 4 fin one is better ?

w203-silver-front.jpg

where and how much you paid to do the angel eye and DRL ?

thanks for sharing.

Well, so far the grill is still good fr Taiwan. forgot how much i paid, i think ard 250. I also bought the chrome exhaust tip fr the same supplier.

The angel eyes comes together with the projector headlamp i bought fr Taiwan also. i think i paid ard $400+(exclude freight charge). And for the angel, done it at my fren workshop at only $80.

Cheerz!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sky55

hi, new comer here with w203...planning to paint my ride as well...now problem is how can i get my iphone hook up to the car...sianz...

also thinking of changing my head unit to a aftermarket if really cannot..any advise

Guest kepiting1sg

sky55 wrote:

what is command ap?

wiki it for U! :becky:

COckpit MAnagement And Data system - COMAND

Most of us are unfortunate owning a Merc that comes with the earlier "std

Audi 10 and now Audi 20 Head Unit" for our Sound system.

Which basically has only radio, cd & or cd changer and some lucky guys

nowadays has Bluetooth Telephone with iPod/iPhone integration whereas some unlucky people gets only auxilliary input for their sound system.

COMMAND comes as a

Merc COMMAND APS also comes in a few generations which offers more than the std HUs.

They basically comes with Navigation, DVD, BT, iPod/iPhone integration.

COMMAND APS FAQ:-

http://www.mercupgrades.com/COMAND+APS+FAQ-faq-10.html

Guest sky55

sgbb wrote:

hi spidy. i bought my 3 finned ones at about $250. The 4 finned ones should be slight cheaper by abt $20 ba. I bought my depo projectors headlamps at about $540. rough guide. not sure where to get them in Singapore though.

hi, where u got those 3 fins? from ebay? i'm interested as well leh

Guest alpha82

i'm also interested bro... maybe the 3 of us can buy from the same ebay seller and save on the shipping? ;) i'm also looking at the same ebay seller as Spidy.

Guest alpha82

Spidy wrote:

Hi Tommy,

very sui !

Do you have the "filmsy" grill problem as mentioned by s40at and sgbb ?

or may be the 4 fin one is better ?

w203-silver-front.jpg

where and how much you paid to do the angel eye and DRL ?

thanks for sharing.

i'm interested in a 4-fin grille from this ebay seller too. i've been looking for some time liao... i bargained and he is willing to sell at USD$150 total inc shipping. If you and sky55 interested too, perhaps we can order together and save more on the shipping?

can sms me at 93833375 or pm me. :)

BTW, can any brothers here guide me on the lowered springs? I have a set of springs that i wish to install on my ride. However, before i proceed to the mechanic, i'd like to know the following things:

1) apart from removing the stock springs and replacing it with the aftermarket springs, EVERYTHING else remains the same right? no sawing, no removal of any plastic or parts or whatsoever right? Everything else from the stock suspension set remains as it is except for the springs, right?

2) i'm using 19" rims with 235/35 profile tires... already, the gap seems like only 2.5 - 3 fingers... do you guys think it will pose a problem once i install my lowered springs? are there any offset problems with my current rims and tire profile? are there anyone on the same kinds of tires and YET still changed their stock springs without any issues?

3) does one usually have to do a wheel alignment after changing to lowered springs? is it a must for safety reasons? i don't want to anyhow kenna carrot chop by the mechs.

4) roughly how much is the cost of the springs installation? any recommendations on experienced and reliable workshop?

thanks in advance!

cheers!

sky55 wrote:

hi, where u got those 3 fins? from ebay? i'm interested as well leh

i got it in HK cos i was previously there and i handcarried back to sunny singapore :D

surprisingly 3 finned cost more than 4 finned.

if u wanna see it on the w203, just gimme a buzz :D

alpha82 wrote:

i'm interested in a 4-fin grille from this ebay seller too. i've been looking for some time liao... i bargained and he is willing to sell at USD$150 total inc shipping. If you and sky55 interested too, perhaps we can order together and save more on the shipping?

if u guys are buying from this guy. i also wanna chip in to buy the air-con cover.

quite nice also. he he...

Guest blackmercs

alpha82 wrote:

BTW, can any brothers here guide me on the lowered springs? I have a set of springs that i wish to install on my ride. However, before i proceed to the mechanic, i'd like to know the following things:

1) apart from removing the stock springs and replacing it with the aftermarket springs, EVERYTHING else remains the same right? no sawing, no removal of any plastic or parts or whatsoever right? Everything else from the stock suspension set remains as it is except for the springs, right?

2) i'm using 19" rims with 235/35 profile tires... already, the gap seems like only 2.5 - 3 fingers... do you guys think it will pose a problem once i install my lowered springs? are there any offset problems with my current rims and tire profile? are there anyone on the same kinds of tires and YET still changed their stock springs without any issues?

3) does one usually have to do a wheel alignment after changing to lowered springs? is it a must for safety reasons? i don't want to anyhow kenna carrot chop by the mechs.

4) roughly how much is the cost of the springs installation? any recommendations on experienced and reliable workshop?

thanks in advance!

cheers!

Before u do anything, u needs to know whether "the spring" is meant for yr model, else dont even think of replacing it as it might damage yr shock abosrber in the long run. Apart from this, it is not expensive at all for lowering springs.

1) Yes

2) No one can answered yr question coz depends on yr spring model and made. Difference makers have different gaps drops etc. In the event its rub against yr fender send it for fender rubbing MIGHT solve yr problems.

3) Yes, MUST send it for alignment. Look for workshop thats has this alignment equipment, so that any rectification can be done on the spot. Btw, the purpose of alignment are mainly for aligning to straighten yr car not so much on safety reason. However, if yr car are not straighten its might post dangers to others road user too....hmmmmm

4) Estimated cost - labour cost $200, alignment $150~180, i might be wrong on the pricing.

Lastly, for yr guideline, my eibach pro-kit cost me $580 plus plus including labour, alignment, GST and the lowering springs. Hence, my advice is better to purchase a new set rather than getting a used one.

Guest s40at

Spidy wrote:

World cup kick off tomorrow night ?

May be it is a good time to do our w203 meet up ?

Hi Spidy,

Good idea. Let's organise a meet up within the W203s, more things to share. But the "lao chiaos" must come cos otherwise the "xin chiao" with virgin/untouched W203s with not much mod turn up also no use.

Propose Kallang KFC/MacD is still a good place to meet up with sufficiently big car park and catch up over drinks there.

S40at

Guest blackmercs

s40at wrote:

Hi Spidy,

Good idea. Let's organise a meet up within the W203s, more things to share. But the "lao chiaos" must come cos otherwise the "xin chiao" with virgin/untouched W203s with not much mod turn up also no use.

Propose Kallang KFC/MacD is still a good place to meet up with sufficiently big car park and catch up over drinks there.

S40at

Come for e monthly Meetup, simi chiaos & bu will be there.

Guest ACSLK

blackmercs wrote:

Come for e monthly Meetup, simi chiaos & bu will be there.

Lol.............................but i think they meant mini W203 meet-up........

vroom vroom

cheers

Guest alpha82

blackmerc: thanks bro! i bought brabus. specially for w203. :)

spidy: i got your PM on the items you want. are u in a hurry to get the items? cause i've been really busy lately. think i'll only get to msg him on ebay on sunday... btw, as for your other items, perhaps u can send me pictures of the items. if not, later i order wrong one how? =X

eh, who else wanted to order from the same ebay seller?

s40at wrote:

Hi Spidy,

S40at

sweee sweeee.....

can the w203s meet up and share abt stuff?

hee heee.....text me text me~!

cheers :D

Guest sky55

sgbb wrote:

sweee sweeee.....

can the w203s meet up and share abt stuff?

hee heee.....text me text me~!

cheers :D

i will like to come out to meet up with you guys as well...but just to learn more abt the car....any suggestion for time and place?