• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Newbies, Intros...

Guest frasier

hi kepiting1sg, power upgrade!!! if you dont mind me asking, how many % increase in bhp is expected for the C230 SC upgrade and did you experience any lag if you hit throttle hard? my current ride is using a small TC but its pretty laggy ever since i chipped my ride.

hi kopimonster, maybe you might want to consider removing the chip and consider custom mapping with an aftermarket fuel controller instead ?

thanks for the suggestions bro.. :) yup, custom mapping will definitly help....my chipping improved the high end as expected...but low end really suffered.

I was wondering if installing the Sprint-booster would help take care of the low end lag. After all, the Sprint-booster helps us WOT earlier. And that is where the power is, rite?

Any comments?

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kepiting1sg

is it true that installing a C230 SC in a 1.8 engine would possibly cause some damage to it?

I had the C230 charger in my car for only 2 mths.

Didn't notice any problem when it was installed or after uninstalled.

I sold it to a R171 owner. Didn't hear from him after that, I assumed there's no problem too.

All the installations work for my ride & the R171 were done by MBM.

I was told by Kelvin MBM that at least 1 was fitted to a CLK.

Probably you might want to check up with Kelvin MBM.

Guest millionmilebenz

Hi I'm driving BMW E60. I know abt this forum yesterday only thru MMB.

Cheers!

A Big Welcome to you, JewelL! Glad to see you here and looking forward to more interactions with SGR.

Hi all

Finally found a singapore mercedes forum. Cool.

Was deciding betweeen the bmw3 and the new c class. But finally went for the C Class after the test drives. Now waiting for the new ride to come. Wanted the AMG kit but the SE say must wait until next quarter (FEB MARCH). Gave up the idea and took the color that i wanted which was in stock.

Still patiently waiting for delivery :).

nothing much just some service dollars/discount + huber optic film.. other than that nothing... the SE dun give me anything :(... delivery...waiting for SE to register my car...ugggh... maybe this week or next.

is it true that installing a C230 SC in a 1.8 engine would possibly cause some damage to it?

I had the C230 charger in my car for only 2 mths.

Didn't notice any problem when it was installed or after uninstalled.

I sold it to a R171 owner. Didn't hear from him after that, I assumed there's no problem too.

All the installations work for my ride & the R171 were done by MBM.

I was told by Kelvin MBM that at least 1 was fitted to a CLK.

Probably you might want to check up with Kelvin MBM.

ordered a 230SC from MBM already...heh. was told that i won't need any other mods to complement the SC. prob changing the headers after yr end bonus arrives...muahahah

Guest kepiting1sg

ordered a 230SC from MBM already...heh. was told that i won't need any other mods to complement the SC. prob changing the headers after yr end bonus arrives...muahahah

Congrats on your decision to take the 230 SC poison! ;D ;D ;D

I bet U sure wanna put on the headers asap when U have the 230 SC installed cos

your stock exhaust would have lotta back pressure even U hollowed out your cat. converter. ;)

It will be good to dyno before & after both at the flywheel and wheels.

Keep us inform! ;D

Guest millionmilebenz

hey im linc found out bout this site through friends i just got a '93 w201 (190E) this sites's pretty cool! haha cheers!

Hi Lincoln welcome to the club! Glad to have another W201 owner in the group. There are a few more members who own the "pocket rocket" so I hope you get to exchange tips with them. Cheers!