• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Newbies, Intros...

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest millionmilebenz

you guys are the master.. i just drive.. no tips to offer lah..

Haha, you're too humble. We're not masters lah, just a friendly group of enthusiasts. :)

The tips that we exchange is typically what problems we experienced with the ride, which workshops to go to, what are the best prices, etc. etc. Hope you can come to our next meet-up on the last Sun of Feb!

Hi, I'm Mervin, 30yrs, in the shipping line. Pls call me RS. Discovered this forum through the power of google.

My family have been a Merc family for a long time, previously merc were the 280SL & E200, currently driving the New generation E200 Avangarde. (Under Boss's name, will return after my car comes)

My relationship with the New C Class:

Surfing the web one day and saw the W204, love the completely different look of the car. Immediately check with C&C and was told it will not arrive till a later date. (At that time, the europeans were already zipping around in them.)

One beautiful day got and email from C&C, click the link to play the C-class challenge mini game and did enough to qualify for the Challenge at Police academy. It was an enjoyable Saturday, although I still think Taty Pin Hui a cocky @ss.

Finally after many months of persuasion and sidetracking...Gotten mesmorize by the Toyota Mark X along the way. Booked the new C200 with my Dad today, Obisiden Black / Black with AMG Sports Package and upgrade 18" 5-spoke AMG Rims.

(SE did not recommend the advance agility package as the ride will be very hash and also since AMG Sports Package also includes sports suspension.)

Delievry date est. April - May 08

I hope to meet you guys when my baby merc arrives....till then...

Hi, I'm Mervin, 30yrs, in the shipping line. Pls call me RS. Discovered this forum through the power of google.

My family have been a Merc family for a long time, previously merc were the 280SL & E200, currently driving the New generation E200 Avangarde. (Under Boss's name, will return after my car comes)

Surfing the web one day and saw the W204, love the completely different look of the car. Immediately check with C&C and was told it will not arrive till a later date. (At that time, the europeans were already zipping around in them.)

One beautiful day got and email from C&C, click the link to play the C-class challenge mini game and did enough to qualify for the Challenge at Police academy. It was an enjoyable Saturday, although I still think Taty Pin Hui a cocky @ss.

Finally after many months of persuasion and sidetracking...Gotten mesmorize by the Toyota Mark X along the way. Booked the new C200 with my Dad today, Obisiden Black / Black with AMG Sports Package and upgrade 18" 5-spoke AMG Rims.

(SE did not recommend the advance agility package as the ride will be very hash and also since AMG Sports Package also includes sports suspension.)

Delievry date est. April - May 08

I hope to meet you guys when my baby merc arrives....till then...

welcome to the club!!

so there will be another Cblack!! hehehe

do join us for our activities..

Guest Cklasse

I went for the challenge too, it was indeed fun. Talking about PH, I just don't understand why C&C wants to let him have the car or associate him with the car. This won't influence my decision to buy the C-class.

Hi RS, Hw much did u pay for your C200 Obisiden Black / Black with AMG Sports Package and upgrade 18" 5-spoke AMG Rims? Thks.

C200K = $156,888

AMG Sports Package = $8100

18" 5 Spoke AMG Rims = $2700

Black eye maple trim = $800

Solar Film = FOC

Duo Exhaust = FOC

Total Dmg = $167,888

*Intend to ask SE for some other freebies like wax package or something :P

Hi guys,

Been driving the W219 for the past 2 yrs but never knew about this forum till only recently when i chanced upon it.

Anyway, just a quick note to say hi!

Btw, the only mod/change i have on my car is that i change my air fresherner every few months :'(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aleksandr

Hey everyone :)

Intro-ed to Mercedes by my Benz-crazy dad, the only non-merc car I've seen him own is a miata. Been driving a '91 W201/190E, gift from my dad when I got my licence.

Been thinking of either changing to a new C class or perhaps CLK, or waiting a few years and saving up for a CLS. Notice the CLS isn't discussed here very much though?

Hey everyone :)

Intro-ed to Mercedes by my Benz-crazy dad, the only non-merc car I've seen him own is a miata. Been driving a '91 W201/190E, gift from my dad when I got my licence.

Been thinking of either changing to a new C class or perhaps CLK, or waiting a few years and saving up for a CLS. Notice the CLS isn't discussed here very much though?

hi aleksandr! welcome to forums!

your selections of cars to buy has lotsa price difference..

how about trying out the SLK? seems to be quite a popular model here...

based on your selections, u seem to prefer cars with 4 seats?

Hello Everyone,

My name? Emmanuel, aged 22.

Managed to find this forum through another car forum.

The only merc i´ved known was an aunts E190, which she had for 20 years.

It sadly, is now being scrapped..

My dad and i have been looking for a second car, and recently he bought a second hand ´06 A150.

I´m now it? predominant driver, and still in the process of getting to know the car better.

Hello Everyone,

My name? Emmanuel, aged 22.

Managed to find this forum through another car forum.

The only merc i´ved known was an aunts E190, which she had for 20 years.

It sadly, is now being scrapped..

My dad and i have been looking for a second car, and recently he bought a second hand ´06 A150.

I´m now it? predominant driver, and still in the process of getting to know the car better.

welcome Emmanuel,

enjoy your stay!! just hope you won't get too much mod poison!!

now where are the A-klasse bros, 3s-ge!! help this young guy!!

anyway do dropby for our meetups!!

Guest millionmilebenz

Hi aleksandr and Pooo, welcome to the club!

aleksandr - do bring your W201 down to one of our meet-ups. There are other members with W201 and a few of them have done a great job up-keeping and modding their rides.

now where are the A-klasse bros!! help this young guy!!

Calling Cklasse!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest jies2

Hi! I thought i'll start from here.. I find it tough to join your events (its very tempting!) most probably i'm worried its hard to click (going 22 this year). Anyway I drive my dad's e230 (its pretty easy to figure why i don't own one). I hog it most (feeling guilty~) but there are still times where i'll let my sis have it.

Hope i'll join the meetups soon!

p.s. nice convoy at the dam! i popped by but didn't join you guys. sad.

Oh my god! You guys are so YOUNG??? there you go, our YOUNG MISSY and YOUNG 35,69 and Kom.....all together younger than me,I am 75 now.Ops!, I mean 7.5" now.haaaa...

Guest sy69u

come on guys, come to your sense please.

I just celebrated my 18 birthday 2 days ago at MOS, that is why I was unable to joing you guys at the dam.

sy69 - you already pass 18, 3 month older than me. heeheehee

C35 - you not even 16, everytime need your dad fetch you to our meetup.

Anyway doesn't matter age, we all get along very well.

HAHAHAHAHA