• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Newbies, Intros...

Hi all Newbies,

I create this thread for all newbies to intro yourself, pls intro, dun shy la..

also pls state how you found out about this forum? like getting the temp decals on your windscreens, or seeing another members car's decals??

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cklasse

Wa! poison....good poison....highly recommended.

I got mine recently and I have to hit myself for not getting it earlier when I ordered the car. ;D

Guest kepiting1sg

Wa! poison....good poison....highly recommended.

I got mine recently and I have to hit myself for not getting it earlier when I ordered the car. ;D

I kenna the posion during the 1st month of getting my ride!

I dun need any antidote for it. It was money well spent. ;D

Guest angela

haa-lou! my name's will..

i've been searching many times for a merc forum, and couldn't find 1 till now.. by chance i stumbled onto 2tuned's merc forum, den saw a siggy tt directed me to here! and i never regretted joining! the amount of info that i found here was.. unimaginable..

kay, past tt lousy starting line, im 20 years old. and nope, i dont have a merc of my own. i've just been pretty crazy about cars ever since 2 years prior to taking my license.. my dad owns an entry level luxury model here.. 1.8K.

what else can i say? my dream car's a 722. err.. and of course i wouldnt mind a 62S while its part of our family.. hope you peepz know what im talking about.. 2nd nature of using the abbreviations..

while in singapore, my goal car's the S65 coz tts what i'll require to ride to work in.. massage chairs and distronic.. ah yes, im most fascinated by the techs in the mercs.. tts what attracts me the most.

well.. tts all about me that i can think about..

already told my dad about this forum, but he's not really IT savvy so it'll be me doing the posting most of the time.. you guys dun mind ya? (tt im a non-owner) ;)

*Peace*

~Will~

Guest millionmilebenz

while in singapore, my goal car's the S65 coz tts what i'll require to ride to work in.. massage chairs and distronic.. ah yes, im most fascinated by the techs in the mercs.. tts what attracts me the most.

Hi Will! Yes, technological innovation is in the DNA of the Mercedes Benz brand. The list of "firsts" that appeared in MB cars is very long, and you'll be surprised at how early MB engineers had put some of these things into production cars (e.g. ABS - 1978).

Guest SableKo

My name is Ken, bumped into this site while browsing for MB info. Currently, scouting for my 1st MB ;D, a C180/C200 (1-1.5yrs old).

Saw 2 units on the market now but not sure which is a "better buy". Any advise from anyone? Thanks a lot!

C180 Kompressor

Reg Date = 2-Sep-05

OMV = 42,311.00

COE = 16,296.00

Mileage = 22,362

Asking = S$99k

C200 Kompressor

Reg Date = 12-Jan-06

OMV = 49,959.00

COE = 11,602.00

Mileage = 23,700

Asking = S$115k

Cheers

Guest CBlack

My name is Ken, bumped into this site while browsing for MB info. Currently, scouting for my 1st MB ;D, a C180/C200 (1-1.5yrs old).

Saw 2 units on the market now but not sure which is a "better buy". Any advise from anyone? Thanks a lot!

C180 Kompressor

Reg Date = 2-Sep-05

OMV = 42,311.00

COE = 16,296.00

Mileage = 22,362

Asking = S$99k

C200 Kompressor

Reg Date = 12-Jan-06

OMV = 49,959.00

COE = 11,602.00

Mileage = 23,700

Asking = S$115k

Cheers

In April 07, ex-stock C180 Sports Edition was going at $129,888! The new C Class is coming (in Jul/Aug) so the existing stock will be going at a discount. Suggest you check it out at C&C.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest millionmilebenz

Hi

Driving a W124 MY1990.

Hi Vento95! Warm welcome to you and glad to have another W124 owner in our midst! My dad's W124 is also MY1990 while my W126 is MY1991.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest angela

Hi folks,

My name is Thomas (aka Incredible_Hulk). Found out about this forum through Carfreaks. Hope to get info as well as share stuff with this community. I am currently driving a end 2006 E200K Avant Garde. Black. Because I was driving a >200HP Volvo prior to this, I wasn't happy with the power and torque of the stock car. Went to upgrade the car 1stly with Hurricane airfilter, and then Kleemann performance kit (less K&N airfilter that comes with the kit, because prefer the Hurricane), and Kleemann Header. Will look at upgrading the brake, exhaust and suspension soon. If there are any tips, pls give me a tinker. Many thanks.

Regards,

Incredible_Hulk

-Live Long and Prosper-

Guest kepiting1sg

Hi folks,

My name is Thomas (aka Incredible_Hulk). Found out about this forum through Carfreaks. Hope to get info as well as share stuff with this community. I am currently driving a end 2006 E200K Avant Garde. Black. Because I was driving a >200HP Volvo prior to this, I wasn't happy with the power and torque of the stock car. Went to upgrade the car 1stly with Hurricane airfilter, and then Kleemann performance kit (less K&N airfilter that comes with the kit, because prefer the Hurricane), and Kleemann Header. Will look at upgrading the brake, exhaust and suspension soon. If there are any tips, pls give me a tinker. Many thanks.

Regards,

Incredible_Hulk

-Live Long and Prosper-

A warm welcome to the forum Hulk!

We will slowly feed you with the posion be it mods or I.C.E

There will be no antidote!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Hi folks,

Regards,

Incredible_Hulk

-Live Long and Prosper-

Welcome Thomas, see you at meetups..

maybe you might wana join us for the Driveaway??

Guest angela

Hi there, bryan here.. i am 25yr old... intro into this forum by Cklasse as was considering the vw golf gti, audi and the new c class....

Currently helping in family business in fire protection systems.... juz started out and planning to get a baby real soon tts why wanna change car which has the safety features.. totally newbie in mercz and any other cars...please guide me along... thanks alot

Guest Cklasse

Welcome Guniang...err....Guniang.

Glad that you came....just post any questions in this forum, we are all a friendly bunch....we feed each other poison.

Guest angela

Thank you Kepiting and Keltanky,

Am prepared for more poison. In fact come this weekend, I should have added Remus twin exhausts to my E200K. Also looking at better brake rotors and calipers, but the Brembo, AMG, Kleemann, Brabus, etc all require at least 18" wheels. Mine is only 17" that came with the Avant Garde trimming, so any lobangs for brakes will be appreciated.

Ya, looking forward to meet up and driveaways...

Guest kepiting1sg

Thank you Kepiting and Keltanky,

Am prepared for more poison. In fact come this weekend, I should have added Remus twin exhausts to my E200K. Also looking at better brake rotors and calipers, but the Brembo, AMG, Kleemann, Brabus, etc all require at least 18" wheels. Mine is only 17" that came with the Avant Garde trimming, so any lobangs for brakes will be appreciated.

Ya, looking forward to meet up and driveaways...

Hi Hulk,

Poison 1

The AMG front brakes goes into my 17" Brabus Monoblock 4 without problem.

The brakes will cost about S$2K with installation & stainless steel brake hoses.

So much cheaper than Brembo. ;D

160357_57_full.jpg

Guest angela

Dear Kepiting,

Your AMG sounds good - how many 6 ports?. Dunno if it will fit my rims. What rotor r u using? They don't look stock. Where did u get it done? Tks a million.

Guest kepiting1sg

Dear Kepiting,

Your AMG sounds good - how many 6 ports?. Dunno if it will fit my rims. What rotor r u using? They don't look stock. Where did u get it done? Tks a million.

Hi Hulk,

If I remember correctly, it's 4 ports.

The price includes the pair of x-drilled rotors.

Cheap rite?? ;) ;) ;)

However they looks like S class rotor to me, maybe AMG repackage it.

I bought it from Benzline and fitted at their appointed workshop at that time (Super Workshop).

You can get them from MBM Wheel Power too!

Mbm Wheelpower Pte Ltd

176 Sin Ming Dr #01-15 Singapore 575721

Tel : 6848-3198

Fax : 6458-6018

Contact: Kelvin - U can mention my name Seah from Batam Island

Here's Benzline website.

http://www.benzline.com.sg/htdocs/pages/contact.html

Contact Benzline: George - can mention my name too. ;D

Guest angela

Dear Seah,

Tks for the tip. Agree, cheap. I know Kelvin - he fitted the Kleemen performance kit and header for me. Good guy. May try Benzline, I will will mention you to George.

Guest angela

Dear Seah,

I have checked with Kelvin of MBM. He said that the AMG can be fitted onto a CKlasse with 17" rims, but not my E class. Thanks anyway. Hmmm - poison unsuitable for me. The search is still on. :)