• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Newbies, Intros...

Guest speckie1

Bro Welcome and big hug

Go for it if your pocket allows.

Ask yourself performance or outlook?

If you choose performance then go for C200, if you choose outlook then save the 15K for Brabus kit.

CBlack, please give our new member some advise.

hi, thanks for the welcome :)

ehrm....i was thinking maybe the difference in money between C200 and C180, could be spent on performance mods. That should bring it either on par or near the C200's performance? Of course if it surpasses the C200, I'd be very happy :D

not really into looks. the stock look of the new C class is enticing enough for me. Add the option of the AMG sports package, I think I'd be aesthetically pleased enough. ;P

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest speckie1

IMHO,

For Performance Mod:- 20hp to 50 hp increases.

1. Piggy back ECU from Kleemann - K Box c/w KN Filter

2. Kleemann Pulley Kit c/w fuel regulator

3. Kleemann Headers

4. Kleemann Cat. Converter

5. Vaeth Intercooler

6. Fit in a C230(M271) Supercharger

7. Exhaust from Lorinser, Brabus, AMG, Carlsson, etc

8. C32 AMG Front Brakes with stainless steel brake hoses

9. Coilovers from KW, H & R, Sach, etc

10. Rims from Brabus, Lorinser, AMG, Carlsson, etc.

11. Spring Booster

For Non Perf. Mods.

1. Body Kit from Lorinser, Brabus, AMG, Carlsson, Wald, etc

2. Bi-Xenon Lamps

3. Lighted Door Sills

4. Reverse Camera

5. I.C.E upgrade

6. Door Pins

7. Gear Knob

8. Wooden/Leather Steering

All above mods will set U back >$15,000 x 2

BTW Our kaki CBlack W204 has most of these mods going into his ride.

Hi Guys, if I have left out any poisons, please let me know ;D

thanks for the insights. really helpful :)

am more into performance mods than looks.

but then again, i just want decent driveability.

not expecting evo performance, but decent torque across the reves to overtake with ease and get ahead, with about 200bhp thereabouts, I'm happy enough.

Guest kepiting1sg

thanks for the insights. really helpful :)

am more into performance mods than looks.

but then again, i just want decent driveability.

not expecting evo performance, but decent torque across the reves to overtake with ease and get ahead, with about 200bhp thereabouts, I'm happy enough.

IMHO,

Buy the C200 and later if the mod itch comes, put on the Kleemann K Box and pulley kit.

That should give U easily 200 horses. Damages only S$3K+ ;)

Guest speckie1

hmmm... really require some reconsideration now, considering the advices heard here.

I'm not really looking for extreme horsepower anymore, especially after my current car. haha...

just looking for comfort and sufficient power in the 200bhp range.

would have thought the C180 offered better value :)

was thinking of taking the C180 with options of the AMG sports kit (2.8k with advanced agility pkg), the advanced agility control package (4.3k) and keyless go (3.4k). And to compensate the lack of hp and low end torque, drop in a K box (1k)

That should bring the car to about (at current prices) 153,388.

but stock C200 without anything is 156,888

hmmm....

anyway, will be out of town for 2 weeks, meeting the SE when i return. so decision time then. just looking for lau jiaos here to offer viewpoints for consideration.

hmmm... really require some reconsideration now, considering the advices heard here.

I'm not really looking for extreme horsepower anymore, especially after my current car. haha...

just looking for comfort and sufficient power in the 200bhp range.

would have thought the C180 offered better value :)

was thinking of taking the C180 with options of the AMG sports kit (2.8k with advanced agility pkg), the advanced agility control package (4.3k) and keyless go (3.4k). And to compensate the lack of hp and low end torque, drop in a K box (1k)

That should bring the car to about (at current prices) 153,388.

but stock C200 without anything is 156,888

hmmm....

anyway, will be out of town for 2 weeks, meeting the SE when i return. so decision time then. just looking for lau jiaos here to offer viewpoints for consideration.

suggest that you test drive both the 180 and 200 to feel the difference in performance. the 200 as it is has 184hp and 250 nm which is not too bad.

Guest speckie1

suggest that you test drive both the 180 and 200 to feel the difference in performance. the 200 as it is has 184hp and 250 nm which is not too bad.

that's a good suggestion. thanks. will definitely do that when i get back. and try to arrange for a test drive of both, one after the other to get the feel of the difference. ;D

Guest kopimonster

Hello everyone,

kopimonster here ;D Been looking for this forum for sometime, and accidentally found the link here thru bmwsg forum :P

to be honest, i never driven and do not know much about MB cars until i saw the w204 c classes, the design and specs simply blew me away, and i have read and heard many good reviews about them, so much so that i went ahead and grab an allocation for one ;)

however, i was told that deliveries will not take place until maybe 2nd or 3rd quarter next year, faint*

anyway, really glad that i am finally here, and looking forward to learning all about the merc from all the seniors and si fus.

cheers!

bros, some of the items cost more leh

1. Piggy back ECU from Kleemann - K Box c/w KN Filter (1k)

2. Kleemann Pulley Kit c/w fuel regulator (Above 2k)

3. Kleemann Headers (Above 1k) (Above 3K)

4. Kleemann Cat. Converter (part of header)

5. Vaeth Intercooler (1.3k)(2k)

6. Fit in a C230(M271) Supercharger (maybe I am wrong - 2k)

7. Exhaust from Lorinser, Brabus, AMG, Carlsson, etc (Above 2k)(above 4k)

9. Coilovers from KW, H & R, Sach, etc (Above 2k)

10. Rims from Brabus, Lorinser, AMG, Carlsson, etc. Just this one could kill you liao(easily 6k above)

11. Spring Booster (above 400)

For Non Perf. Mods.

1. Body Kit from Lorinser, Brabus, AMG, Carlsson, Wald, etc (10k)(above 10k)

2. Bi-Xenon Lamps (2k)

3. Lighted Door Sills

4. Reverse Camera

5. I.C.E upgrade (hahahah no limit)

6. Door Pins

7. Gear Knob

Guest speckie1

Hello everyone,

kopimonster here ;D Been looking for this forum for sometime, and accidentally found the link here thru bmwsg forum :P

to be honest, i never driven and do not know much about MB cars until i saw the w204 c classes, the design and specs simply blew me away, and i have read and heard many good reviews about them, so much so that i went ahead and grab an allocation for one ;)

however, i was told that deliveries will not take place until maybe 2nd or 3rd quarter next year, faint*

anyway, really glad that i am finally here, and looking forward to learning all about the merc from all the seniors and si fus.

cheers!

hello!! wah...when did you book? can i ask which model you booked? what sort of options?

Guest kopimonster

hello!! wah...when did you book? can i ask which model you booked? what sort of options?

hi speckie1,

i have already chope an allocation for the c63, but was told i have to wait (but hope that i will be among the first batch to get it tho). they are currently consolidating allocation lots and hence no official price and options released yet. but if information on the web are anything to go by, i more or less know what options are available ;D

Guest kopimonster

C63? Kick ass man.

its holding it's own pretty well, considering the strong competition in its segment...the M3...RS4...gulp! but the verdict is still out there....

but at the moment, its the only one with auto tranny...so its pretty suitable for lazy people like me hehe... ;D

Guest 777kenny

I have already chope an allocation for the c63, but was told i have to wait (but hope that i will be among the first batch to get it tho). they are currently consolidating allocation lots and hence no official price and options released yet. but if information on the web are anything to go by, i more or less know what options are available ;D

Cool! Way to go... ;)

Guest kopimonster

Bro when you collecting your car? hope you drive your C63 to our meetup for our eye openning. we mountain tortise la.

no mountain tortise la hehe, i equally sotong when it comes to MB cars, we are all learning from each other and exchanging ideas ;)

but i dont think i will be collecting it that soon lor...

fact is, MB is still consolidating the world orders for the c63 and it appears that demand will be pretty high, i was verbally told that the earliest i can collect it will be 2nd or 3rd quarter of next year :'( my hair will turn all white by then... :P

but no problemo, will drive it to our meetup once i collected it :)

bro, if you mod all the above, 15k surely not enough la.

1. Piggy back ECU from Kleemann - K Box c/w KN Filter (1k)

2. Kleemann Pulley Kit c/w fuel regulator (Above 2k)

3. Kleemann Headers (Above 1k)

4. Kleemann Cat. Converter

5. Vaeth Intercooler (1.3k)

6. Fit in a C230(M271) Supercharger (maybe I am wrong - 2k)

7. Exhaust from Lorinser, Brabus, AMG, Carlsson, etc (Above 2k)

9. Coilovers from KW, H & R, Sach, etc (Above 2k)

10. Rims from Brabus, Lorinser, AMG, Carlsson, etc. Just this one could kill you liao

11. Spring Booster

For Non Perf. Mods.

1. Body Kit from Lorinser, Brabus, AMG, Carlsson, Wald, etc (10k)

2. Bi-Xenon Lamps (2k)

3. Lighted Door Sills

4. Reverse Camera

5. I.C.E upgrade (hahahah no limit)

6. Door Pins

7. Gear Knob

I was actually quoted >1k for the k box only. pardon my ignorance as a newbie but what are headers and how do they increase ur power?

I was actually quoted >1k for the k box only. pardon my ignorance as a newbie but what are headers and how do they increase ur power?

Headers are designed to improve the flow of exhaust gases from your engine block to the muffler. A well designed header or exhaust manifold reduces significant back pressure build up.

Typically, the design of the headers for 4cyl engines are the 4-2-1 (4 pipes, 2 pipes then 1 collector which joins to the exhaust pipe) or 4-1. 4-2-1 type designs tend to give a better midrange performance and the 4-1 type design will give a better top end performance. For everyday driving, the 4-2-1 makes sense. The 4-1 designs are meant more for racing applications.

Average increase is usually quoted as 2-4hp but I'm not sure if these are dynoed figures.

Guest kepiting1sg

IMHO,

1k for a new k box with installation is very cheap!

When earlier I installed the C230 supercharger to my W203, how I wish I had the headers.

U can hear the rush of air going through the exhaust very loudly as if the exhaust gases were trapped in the system. ;D

Guest kopimonster

IMHO,

1k for a new k box with installation is very cheap!

When earlier I installed the C230 supercharger to my W203, how I wish I had the headers.

U can hear the rush of air going through the exhaust very loudly as if the exhaust gases were trapped in the system. ;D

hi kepiting1sg, power upgrade!!! if you dont mind me asking, how many % increase in bhp is expected for the C230 SC upgrade and did you experience any lag if you hit throttle hard? my current ride is using a small TC but its pretty laggy ever since i chipped my ride.

hi kepiting1sg, power upgrade!!! if you dont mind me asking, how many % increase in bhp is expected for the C230 SC upgrade and did you experience any lag if you hit throttle hard? my current ride is using a small TC but its pretty laggy ever since i chipped my ride.

hi kopimonster, maybe you might want to consider removing the chip and consider custom mapping with an aftermarket fuel controller instead ?

Guest kopimonster

hi kopimonster, maybe you might want to consider removing the chip and consider custom mapping with an aftermarket fuel controller instead ?

thanks for the suggestions bro.. :) yup, custom mapping will definitly help....my chipping improved the high end as expected...but low end really suffered.

Guest kepiting1sg

hi kepiting1sg,  power upgrade!!!  if you dont mind me asking, how many % increase in bhp is expected for the C230 SC upgrade and did you experience any lag if you hit throttle hard? my current ride is using a small TC but its pretty laggy ever since i chipped my ride.

There's no lag! Slammed the pedal, the needle just shoot to the red line.

Kelvin MBM could be right about the back pressure in the exhaust.

The amount of pressure was so great that it gets really loud through the exhaust system and the needle shoot to the red line in 3rd, "hesitate a few secs" before changing to 4th and that got me frightened.  ;D

To overcome that, I can either use the "manual shift" or when in D mode,

when it hit the red line, I ease of the gas pedal a little for a split sec for the gear changed to 4th and slammed it again, then it goes again and you run out of road space.  ;D

It was contagious  ;)

Dyno at the flywheel was >190 bhp but at the wheel was only abt. 20 bhp more.

Torque Nm increase was a pretty good fig. (dun remember at this moment. old man mind forgetful.....getting old... ;D)

IMHO, Could have been much better, if I got better header (better breathing) and the Vaeth Intercooler (lesser loss of bhp due to heat).

Guest kopimonster

There's no lag! Slammed the pedal, the needle just shoot to the red line.

Kelvin MBM could be right about the back pressure in the exhaust.

The amount of pressure was so great that it gets really loud through the exhaust system and the just needle shoot to the red line in 3rd, "hesitate a few secs" before changing to 4th and that got me frightened. ;D

To overcome that, I can either use the "manual shift" or when in D mode,

when it hit the red line, I ease of the gas pedal a little for a split sec for the gear changed to 4th and slammed it again, then it goes again and you run out of road space. ;D

It was contagious ;)

Dyno at the flywheel was >190 bhp but at the wheel was only abt. 20 bhp.

Torque Nm increase was a pretty good fig. (dun remember at this moment. old man mind forgetful.....getting old... ;D)

IMHO, Could have been much better, if I got better header (better breathing) and the Vaeth Intercooler (lesser loss of bhp due to through heat).

thanks for sharing kepiting1sg, thats some impressive pulling power you got there, and without the lag, you will always get that extra headstart in any traffic light sprints...MTL wif the intercooler and header ;)