• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Coilover

premroy

Any coilovers to recommend?

I'm currently on AMG suspension on my c180 FL, but still find my ride too high and I hate the rebound bounce . B12 is still not low enough for me.

Other than B16, has anyone tried Bc coils on ur rides before or any other recommendations?

• 5 weeks later...

I'm currently on AMG suspension on my c180 FL, but still find my ride too high and I hate the rebound bounce . B12 is still not low enough for me.

Other than B16, has anyone tried Bc coils on ur rides before or any other recommendations?

All I will comment is to tread carefully when it comes to suspension. You pay for what you get. 

BC is for budget conscious enthusiasts but don't expect massive performance from these. 

• Like 1

KW V3......

cheers

• Like 1

anyone mind sharing some pics of your ride on this recommended KW V3? height adjustable?  Im quite keen too :) Thanks

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

anyone mind sharing some pics of your ride on this recommended KW V3? height adjustable?  Im quite keen too :) Thanks

all coilover are height adjustable.....

go goggle it to see what are their differences beside height adjustment.........KW website......

cheers

all coilover are height adjustable.....

go goggle it to see what are their differences beside height adjustment.........KW website......

cheers

oh ok, which shop i can find them?

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

went from AMG springs - EIBACH - H&R Supersport - modified K-Sport Coilovers to finally get my ride height sorted.... haha. No complaints on K-Sport, 36-way adjustable etc etc... and cheap. But.. tested a car with KW V3's, and must say they are pretty awesome.

• Like 2

legs_zps34f12bb4.jpg

went from AMG springs - EIBACH - H&R Supersport - modified K-Sport Coilovers to finally get my ride height sorted.... haha. No complaints on K-Sport, 36-way adjustable etc etc... and cheap. But.. tested a car with KW V3's, and must say they are pretty awesome.

a long history of changes bro.. hardcore!

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

hahaha...not a long history, just a long list..lol. AMG was stock so changed to EIBACH on Day1 only to realise it rides the same and is the same height as the AMGs... my friends & i suspect that EIBACH manufactures for AMG (didnt research this, anyone knows?). So sold it after 1 week when we ordered the Supersports... H&R still not low enough and used it for about a few months before deciding to experiment with K-Sport since a friend had good reviews running it on his Mini S. Then we decided to wind the k-sport lower and hit some probs with spring rate and had to perform some minor mods... k-sport disti still trying to source a super high spring rate at the moment.

btw, my AMG springs were sold to a SGMERC member, miata or Mx5 nick... doesnt seem to be on the forum anymore though.

PSS10 is the best... or settle for KW V3's.

legs_zps34f12bb4.jpg

eibach is slightly lower than amg springs. The height drop from stock is 1.2". However, since you are already on AMG lowered springs, the extra difference is marginal (maybe 0.5" or less). read that spring feels similar to AMG lowered springs. good for folks with stock suspensions who want to lower without trade-off in harshness of the ride.

h&r supersports springs are sprung with 2 rates to achieve a 'progressive spring rate'. Height drop is between 1.75"-2.3".

H&R also have their own coilovers - http://www.hrsprings.com/products/coil-overs/

KW V3 - http://kw-suspension.com/us/kw_variant_3.php

BILSTEIN - B16 PSS10 - http://www.bilsteinus.com/products/performance-suspension-kits/bilstein-b16-pss9pss10.html

• Like 1

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Did u installed H&R sports?? Not the those standard H&R spring u can get locally, got to indent.

I think he asking you leh...

U bru since u installed almost all the brand and model :)

Lol. Yeah, as per last reply.. H&R Supersports.

Ok noted!! Didnt knew that Supersports the drop is not gd enough.

Lol. I see if I have 2 pics of the same angle, when fitted with Supersports and with coil overs then can see the ride height diff. Drop height i think individual preference le, some like it low and some don't.

legs_zps34f12bb4.jpg