• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Coilover

premroy

Just placed order for KW coilover Street Comfort from Lim Tan Motor to replace my existing H&R springs. Expect 3-4 weeks delivery.

Anyone interested with my H&R lowering springs can let me know. Used for about 6 months if I can remember correctly.

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

Sachs is my fav brand seems like they are gone for good?

Just placed order for KW coilover Street Comfort from Lim Tan Motor to replace my existing H&R springs. Expect 3-4 weeks delivery.

Anyone interested with my H&R lowering springs can let me know. Used for about 6 months if I can remember correctly.

hmm.. bro.. my car service is with LTM. maybe might bump into u some time.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

KW V3 including install and alignment $3798.50 after GST. good price?

reasonable price based on my research. Which workshop?

hmm.. bro.. my car service is with LTM. maybe might bump into u some time.

hope to see you around too. Tis my first time to LTM, how is their service level? I can see many conti rides there.

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

reasonable price based on my research. Which workshop?

hope to see you around too. Tis my first time to LTM, how is their service level? I can see many conti rides there.

my experience thus far has been reasonable.

2277 workshop at 51 ubi avenue 1

V3 has very good reviews. Like V2, both damping and height are adjustable, suitable for track use and V3s also the costliest amongst V1,V2 and Street Comfort. V2 and Street Comfort prices are close whereas V1 with a factory fixed tuned damping, is the cheapest. If comfort is one if the mean factor and don't go for tracking, V series might be too rough/stiff for some. These are the feedback I gathered from different workshops.

Hope this helps if any bro keen to go for KW.

does it reduce body roll? the guy at the workshop said that it doesnt. shld i install strut bars as well?

IMHO, stut bars is good to have but not a must unless you do tracking or loves hard cornering. When you lowered your ride, like with aftermarket suspensions, your body roll already greatly reduced. To each preferences really.

if u r going for H&R super sports springs, US modders recommend changing stock spring pads from 13mm to 5mm for a level look between front and rear. Seems like the 5mm spring pads part number is A2103250184 (unverified).

• Like 1

H&R springs versus KW springs. Which is better for daily drive? And how much do they cost?

For me, H&R feels very much like stock.

Where can I find sports spring?? Initially wanted to go for KW2 coilover... But decided not to as I will only be driving my car for about 2 years then off it goes.... Spent lots of money on mods on my previous cars and realised that its all a waste when you change this and change that and then sell off the car...

Where can I find sports spring?? Initially wanted to go for KW2 coilover... But decided not to as I will only be driving my car for about 2 years then off it goes.... Spent lots of money on mods on my previous cars and realised that its all a waste when you change this and change that and then sell off the car...

what did you mod? must mod the right things also............

* 2 years then coilover is a must

cheers

• Like 1

my ride will be on display at the zerotohundred.com booth at Tokyo Auto Salon Singapore from the 12th to the 14th of April 2013, Marina Bay Sands Exhibition centre. I'm no expert on suspension but feel free to drop by and chit-chat bout dropping a merc's ride height.... and i can share my experience with various suspension setups i've tried and how i finally settled on my current setup (for now) without any rubbing.  

• Like 3

legs_zps34f12bb4.jpg