• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Coilover

premroy

Demon, awesome drop in height w the k-sports bro.. 

Thanks for the illustration. Ain't gonna waste my time with H&R now. 

Any idea whats the spring rates for the front and rear on your k-sport coils?

Also does it bump all arnd the place like a WRX?

Demon, awesome drop in height w the k-sports bro.. 

Thanks for the illustration. Ain't gonna waste my time with H&R now. 

Any idea whats the spring rates for the front and rear on your k-sport coils?

Also does it bump all arnd the place like a WRX?

thanks and no probs. gotta use coils if wanna close that gap.

spring rates for K-sport is 6/336, and 12/672 for the rear... but i've added rubber 'packers' between the top coil of the front springs to reduce some travel cause i ran into some major rubbing issues on the front which pulled my front fenders out of shape. all fixed now.

Hmmm... it sits quite firm now with the shocks adjusted for max stiff and isn't as bumpy as i thought it would be... was using D2 coils on previous car and that was quite bumpy.

go with PSS10 is you dont mind spending the money or KW V3's... sure no regrets.

legs_zps34f12bb4.jpg

Awesome drop. Any comments on ride comfort?

Thanks... i think ride comfort is a very personal thing le.. so abit hard to say. i like my cars riding very firm with slow rebounds.. in comparison with stock i find it much a better drive. Coasting over uneven surfaces or bumpy roads then of course its alot less comfortable than stocks cause you can feel everything... hahah.

legs_zps34f12bb4.jpg

I'm currently on H&R springs.

Comfort is good but I don't like the lowering height.

Front is not low enough and rear is a little too low for me.

Am saving up for coilover. Looks like PSS10 or KW V3 both have pretty good reviews.

Anyone tried for KW V1?

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

I'm currently on H&R springs.

Comfort is good but I don't like the lowering height.

Front is not low enough and rear is a little too low for me.

Am saving up for coilover. Looks like PSS10 or KW V3 both have pretty good reviews.

Anyone tried for KW V1?

Yeah H&R has that problem, if you think the rear too low then go for EIBACH pro-kit, rear is higher than H&R and front is lower as well.

Havent come across anyone using V1 though..

• Like 1

legs_zps34f12bb4.jpg

Any coilovers to recommend?

I'm currently on AMG suspension on my c180 FL, but still find my ride too high and I hate the rebound bounce . B12 is still not low enough for me.

Other than B16, has anyone tried Bc coils on ur rides before or any other recommendations?

I used KW last time. good balance of damping and firmness. and the height can be adjusted anytime as well.

Bro I bought the H&R sports and brought to my own workshop to install but i find too low lah...now always bua here and there very heart pain

Orh ok !! Your rims setup specs?? Is a sedan??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not a senior... but... 

KSPORT coilovers are around RM4,000.00 here in Malaysia. KW V3 is around the RM7,500 mark. Certain shops drop margins and sell cheaper... 

Shorter springs do shorten the lifespan of your stock absorbers... but you can use it till it dies then swap to short stroke absorbers like bilsteins. 

• Like 1

legs_zps34f12bb4.jpg

That is the whole ideal!! Swap yr stock spring to lowered spring when collected yr new car. Then replace it with coilover or quality suspension when the stock suspension called it a day. This will helps u save to some $$ for delaying buying a new set of suspension if u got it on day one. Apart from this, got a hard time to sell off yr stock too. :)

• Like 2