• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

My review and mod of the C250 coupe after 3 weeks

Lcohol

The C250 coupe is my first German car and the previous consist of Jap, French and Italy make. I must say it is very well build and full of high tech equipments.

The C250 coupe is like a classy, elegant and pretty OL and everything is just oh so smooth and automatic. She knows precisely what to do and will always give you a good time.

My previous Alfa 159 on the other hand is like a temperamental model with various mood swings but it’s just so sexy and you will forget all her flaws every time you look at her; you just want to do it every time you get in.

The 206cc convertible 8 years ago is like a young, daring and adventurous girl whom always wanted to go topless whenever I’m with her. All rides are good in their own ways and the best yet is of cos the C250 coupe.

What I like about the C250 coupe:-

1. The steering wheel will rise/drop every time I enter/exit the car.
  2. Although many complain about the parametric steering wheel being too light but I actually love it.
  3. The ILS is brilliant; whenever you start the car at night, the headlight will sway left, right, top, down in a certain manner as though its dancing.
  4. The instrument cluster is so nice and modern.
  5. The interior is top-notch.
  6. I love the coupe seats, very sexy and sporty.
  7. I use the pano roof more than my 206cc. There is a wind deflector at the top front so that air will flow above you and not into the car. Hair will not get messy. Good for smokers.
  8. The auto headlights will also tilt left/right together with the steering wheel.
  9. Like the “kopi take a break” sign at first but it seems to be useless now as its always on.
  10. The overall car shape is very stylo, modern, sporty and yet very classy still.
  11. Less thirsty than my 159.
  12. Parking guidance with front and back bar meters a good feature.
  13. Comand online is surprisingly much better than I expected.
  14. Still got many more….

What I don’t like:-

1. No sunglass holder.
  2. No speed limit warning notification.
  3. No gear change visual in auto mode. Dunno why but I like to see the gear change lay.
  4. Feel to be less power than my alfa 159 although on paper C250 is better specs.
  5. Back seat windows cannot wind down.
  6. No more liao.

Ok, now my mod to share.

19" AMG wheels and H&R Spring lowered

IMG_2883.jpg

IMG_3039.jpg

IMG_2895-1.jpg

Roof and Boot spoiler before and after spray paint

IMG_2891.jpg

IMG_2988.jpg

IMG_2987.jpg

• Like 2

Quad Exhaust

IMG_2983.jpg

IMG_2982.jpg

IMG_2981.jpg

IMG_2980.jpg

This is the right side exhaust

IMG_2980.jpg

Left original exhaust got 2 pipes already, so one will be used to extened to the right side

IMG_2963.jpg

IMG_2977.jpg

Tube extended to the right side

IMG_2978.jpg

Staggered tips

IMG_2967.jpg

Comand Online 4.5 with 6 DVD changer retrofitted

IMG_3037.jpg

Nav with original SEA maps

IMG_3038.jpg

Video in motion

Initial-D movie with dts sound surround

IMG_3036.jpg

IMG_3035.jpg

IMG_3033.jpg

T-ara Kpop MTV - BEST!

IMG_3032.jpg

SL 1-fin grill

IMG_2989.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to do this write up. Lots of useful information.

What is gear change visual in auto mode?

I cannot see which gear the car is in when in auto mode. I like to see the gear changed from 1 to 2 to 3...Etc.. I want to know when the car reaches the so-call 7th gear!

Eh you mean coupe no sunglass holder? Even the humble c sedan has leh!

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

Nice mods. You should consider adding a tuning box, an upgraded intercooler and sports air intake filter. Then, your car will never feel the same again with more than 350nm and 40+ HP gains. Alfa 159 is no where near :)

I don't dare to mod, I scare void warranty. Kekeke

I don't dare to mod, I scare void warranty. Kekeke

actually a couple of things you did already voided warranty....

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

Very nicely done up!

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...