• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

What brand of rims avail for the c180

Guest Premroy

Skywalker, "light" and "replica" going together in the same sentence is never a good thing.

• Like 1

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

oh btw, what is considered light and heavy for wheels? I checked online and generally the average weight for wheels are about 20-22lbs. Not sure whether the weight is just for the rims or including the tyres.

The weight is rim alone without tyres

Hi guys,

I went rim shopping today too and came across some amg replicas. Just wondering if anyone has any firsthand experience with replica rims and whether the ride comfort, durability and safety is compromised? Not intending to do any racing so just normal road driving conditions. Or should I go for something original but a different brand that is about the same price bracket? Ideally i'm looking for an 18" 5 spoke rim for my c180 coupe. Budget to top up is between 1k to 1.8k max. Your inputs would be much appreciated, thanks!

You can consider this AEZ from LS. It was out of stock when I checked 2 weeks ago so I gave up on it, but if it was in stock I would have chosen it over my Breytons. Cost is slightly above your 1.8k budget though

http://www.aez-wheels.com/396_EN.htm?webdid=497

or you could join the BBS CS club. :)

or you could join the BBS CS club. :)

I think this club has already like 5 members from here? Not counting other models...

We should get our own sub-forum! muahahahah

You can consider this AEZ from LS. It was out of stock when I checked 2 weeks ago so I gave up on it, but if it was in stock I would have chosen it over my Breytons. Cost is slightly above your 1.8k budget though

http://www.aez-wheel....htm?webdid=497

I saw these too on the AEZ website and really like it. But the offset for these are 35mm. Don't the C180 need about 42 to 45mm offset?

http://www.aez-wheel....htm?webdid=497

I saw these too on the AEZ website and really like it. But the offset for these are 35mm. Don't the C180 need about 42 to 45mm offset?

They have the 45mm offset, I spoke to one of the guys at LS (the bespectacled one), and he told me they can order in the stock that fits the W204

Congrats don't forget to post photos! And see you at GTG

I settled on my rims today. LS had stock for the Aez dark portofino chsurfer mentioned above so I whack ah! :)

Greats!! Get a set of lowered spring too. U ordered c coupe C250?

chsurfer: haven't gotten the car but i will post pics once it's in, eagerly anticipating how it will look! I got the 18" in the end cos 19" looks too 'fierce' and afraid of ride comfort n FC being affected. plus the 18" is more within my budget.

Blackmercs: hmm i'll see how it looks like after they fit the rims.. maybe might go for lowered springs if the gap is too big. Will bring my new ride to the GTG certainly and seek your advice. Mine is the c180 coupe.

chsurfer: haven't gotten the car but i will post pics once it's in, eagerly anticipating how it will look! I got the 18" in the end cos 19" looks too 'fierce' and afraid of ride comfort n FC being affected. plus the 18" is more within my budget.

Blackmercs: hmm i'll see how it looks like after they fit the rims.. maybe might go for lowered springs if the gap is too big. Will bring my new ride to the GTG certainly and seek your advice. Mine is the c180 coupe.

18" or 19" u needs a nice set of BBK to finish off the look. U will regret getting the 18" in terms of the look, ask yc3333 bro :). How much diffs are between these 2 sizes? On 18" even with lowered spring its doesnt look being lowered!! Despite the circumference of the rim size is the same.

So yr mods shld be as follows

1) rim & tyre

2) lowered spring

3) tinted?

4) aka ILS mods since yr ride without xenon

5) simple mods like emblems, interior lighting, door pins & sticker job etc

6) BBK must have :)

7) exhaust mods?

8) bodykits?

You are almost done!! still wanna meet me? U will hate me, some even cursed me!! :)

Orh, coupe members. U guys still remembered the C63 CF bonnet? Still interested? I needs another 3 more to go, damage $2500 or less. Icohol & I are keen.

Bro skywalker, I was in the same predicament as you. 18" or 19" , comfort or looks.

I chose 18" like you did in the beginning. Installed and felt happy about it. However, the euphoria was short lived; things just doesn't seem 'right'. Did more research, browing pictures of 18" vs 19" on W204, went to GTG and look at other bros rims to compare. Began a series of sleepless nights pondering whether I should swap to 19". Finally after 3 months I gave up fighting the monster within and changed to 19".

Now I feel at peace.

However to attain nirvana, you would need to follow the "8 steps to enlightenment" as prescribed by bro blackmerc as follows:

So yr mods shld be as follows

1) rim & tyre

2) lowered spring

3) tinted?

4) aka ILS mods since yr ride without xenon

5) simple mods like emblems, interior lighting, door pins & sticker job etc

6) BBK must have :)

7) exhaust mods?

8) bodykits?

I'm opting for height adjustable coilovers instead of cutting my stock springs. after that, only the issue of BBK s left.

"must... fight..... the dark side..... argghhhh"

haha this truly is poison. it looks like a marathon of mods to come. bit by bit bah... too much too soon confirm kena gan by the CO. Actually after i saw chershen's pic, i initially thought his is 19" but turns out it is 18" so it looks pretty huge to me already, and his car is bigger than mine (i think).

I also want red AMG BBKs but ex man so that's going to be 1 mod to slowly save up for.

"must... fight..... the dark side..... argghhhh"

haha this truly is poison. it looks like a marathon of mods to come. bit by bit bah... too much too soon confirm kena gan by the CO. Actually after i saw chershen's pic, i initially thought his is 19" but turns out it is 18" so it looks pretty huge to me already, and his car is bigger than mine (i think).

I also want red AMG BBKs but ex man so that's going to be 1 mod to slowly save up for.

Lai Lai Lai, come to the dark side! (I reached Nirvana, Im Immune! :devil: )

Yes, design of rims can actually be misleading, especially those 5 spoke ones. They look bigger than they really are! :D

Yes, design of rims can actually be misleading, especially those 5 spoke ones. They look bigger than they really are! :D

^ this, padawan, is why you will not be able to fight the dark side for much longer. there is much you do not know.

Can try again this GTG! See whether my force is strong! :growl:

not you lah! skywalker lah! I know you super strong willpower!