• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

What brand of rims avail for the c180

Guest Premroy

Guest Premroy

Bro's im looking into ordering a set of 19" rims for my C180 1.6A 2012 merc, yet to arrive in may.

Please advice what are the brands avail and where can i get 'em..

Any recommendation bro's?

Thanks in advance..

• 2 weeks later...

i ordered VMR rims for my c250 yest at LS. 19", 8.5j & offset 45. Tyres are Goodyear F1 Asy2, 225/35 Front & 255/30 Rear.

I actually wanted the rear rims to be slightly wider with 9.5j, however the boss of LS told me 9.5j will have some rubbing issues.

I saw some posts by bros here that they are on 9.5j for rear. Can someone enlighten me whether will there be any rubber issues with 9.5j rims at rear? :)

Bro's im looking into ordering a set of 19" rims for my C180 1.6A 2012 merc, yet to arrive in may.Please advice what are the brands avail and where can i get 'em..Any recommendation bro's?Thanks in advance..

Lots of rim shops around bro. Try Ray-S, Leong Seng, Southeast, Hurry, CoCo. I went around these shops before going back to LS, as my current rims were bought from LS too.

Lots of brands out there, Breyton, AMG, VMR, Vossen, Advan, Volks etc. Happy choosing!

i ordered VMR rims for my c250 yest at LS. 19", 8.5j & offset 45. Tyres are Goodyear F1 Asy2, 225/35 Front & 255/30 Rear. I actually wanted the rear rims to be slightly wider with 9.5j, however the boss of LS told me 9.5j will have some rubbing issues. I saw some posts by bros here that they are on 9.5j for rear. Can someone enlighten me whether will there be any rubber issues with 9.5j rims at rear? :)

I am running 19X8.5j ET40 on all 4. So far so good no issues.

You can PM bro Blackmerc, he's running 19X9.5j ET47 at the rear

i ordered VMR rims for my c250 yest at LS. 19", 8.5j & offset 45. Tyres are Goodyear F1 Asy2, 225/35 Front & 255/30 Rear.

I actually wanted the rear rims to be slightly wider with 9.5j, however the boss of LS told me 9.5j will have some rubbing issues.

I saw some posts by bros here that they are on 9.5j for rear. Can someone enlighten me whether will there be any rubber issues with 9.5j rims at rear? :)

I am running 19X8.5j ET40 on all 4. So far so good no issues.

You can PM bro Blackmerc, he's running 19X9.5j ET47 at the rear

Yap my rear is 9.5j leh also from LS Daniel. Did u plan to lowered? If not is unlikely but one member on 19" 8.5j with lower spring but got rub. Mine also lowered no rubbing at all. I suspect is due to rims design & offset.

New G25 Volk racing by rays looks nice, it's forged,super light but not cheap. theres a sample at stamford tyre lok yang jurong

post-112-0-88823800-1333167647_thumb.jpg

post-112-0-53936800-1333167676_thumb.jpg

too ex liao la. not worth. better spend on other stuffs.

was looking at oz grandturirmo LM 19inch w204 application. dont the offset will clear brembo bbk?

Yap my rear is 9.5j leh also from LS Daniel. Did u plan to lowered? If not is unlikely but one member on 19" 8.5j with lower spring but got rub. Mine also lowered no rubbing at all. I suspect is due to rims design & offset.

yup mine from LS Daniel too. i think shld be because of ur rims design & offset different from mine. Ur offset 47, mine only 45. guess i better stick with what Daniel suggested for me, 19" 8.5j et45 all round.

Im planning to lower, but still considering which springs or coilover to go for. Read some bros r on kw or h&r. U lowered ur ride already? Any recommendations?

yup mine from LS Daniel too. i think shld be because of ur rims design & offset different from mine. Ur offset 47, mine only 45. guess i better stick with what Daniel suggested for me, 19" 8.5j et45 all round.

Im planning to lower, but still considering which springs or coilover to go for. Read some bros r on kw or h&r. U lowered ur ride already? Any recommendations?

Yes lowered my ride. Wanna a strange issue with u. There are 2 coupe on BBS rims & offset is 40 & also flush with body. Both of them lowered but one of them rear got rub & the other one got to cut spring to lowered to achieve one finger gap. Only mine is all in order no issue at all. Probably i bath my car with flower water. My front one finger & rear 2 finger gap. All of us got it from the same shop & on H&R.

My advise is to go for lowered spring & save the money for other mods. Coilover is gd to hv it but is it a must hv?

• Like 1

I'm on BBS 19' too, offset 40, also done at LS. flush and no rubba-rubba!

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

Yes lowered my ride. Wanna a strange issue with u. There are 2 coupe on BBS rims & offset is 40 & also flush with body. Both of them lowered but one of them rear got rub & the other one got to cut spring to lowered to achieve one finger gap. Only mine is all in order no issue at all. Probably i bath my car with flower water. My front one finger & rear 2 finger gap. All of us got it from the same shop & on H&R.

My advise is to go for lowered spring & save the money for other mods. Coilover is gd to hv it but is it a must hv?

waa bro blackmercs must teach me how to bathe my car when i get it with flower water ah. haha.

can pm me where & hw much u did ur H&R at? i shld be getting springs & save the $$$ for BBK. :)

waa bro blackmercs must teach me how to bathe my car when i get it with flower water ah. haha.

can pm me where & hw much u did ur H&R at? i shld be getting springs & save the $$$ for BBK. :)

Just buy some flowers & put it inside a pail of water then say some prayer before starts to bath yr car. U must post yr 4D nos here coz this forum is blessed.

Lower spring damage is $650 with labour & alignment. This shop is the same row with Top93 :).

Bro blackmercs , is w204 using same springs as w207?

No idea, go to that particularly brand website to check or call yr vendor to enquire.

Hey bros out here... Sorry im really noob..Just got my ride and looking to upgrading wheels as well.... But Jus a few question our C180 runs on only 156bhp... 230nm ..Put 19" car can move meh??

How about ride comfort? With such a short tyre wall wouldn't the ride be bone shattering? If really go ahead wouldn't it start juddering all the fitment within the interior like dashboard and stuff after many km of driving? How about fuel consumption? Heavier handling? Steering return force? Wall brushing? Im keen as well but if it's gonna cause me so much problem vs just looking good then I would really reconsider...

19 can move but if you want comfort go 18 and below. Don't repeat my mistake!

Can move, even 20" also can move. It's depends on what the person is looking for, Asthetics or performance (although not much to start with) :rolleyes: .

156 bhp and 230nm is ok but the car is 1.5 tonne.....

Just for your comparison On 18" fc is 8-9.5km/l on 17" fc is 10-11km/l

Very much depends on your previous ride in terms of performance of comfort and what are you looking for in this MB. But then when I bought my car, I know what to expect, so it's ok.

Flame suit on : IMHO, 18" (unless it's lightweight forged rims) is a tad too much for my 180K. In fact even staggered 17' rims affects fc and pick-up already.

Not wrong Barney. People like me get 19 for visual upgrade. I've to put up with FC and comfort downgrade but performance wise I can't tell the diff honestly.